PDA

View Full Version : SR 50 DI TECH, it is very slow if i go up the hill (upwards)

Jebediah
08-19-2003, 03:16 PM
So..here is my problem...

i have aprilia sr50 ditech sport...

and on straight road it reaches 90kmh or 55mph

now..here is what is weird with my scooter:

if i gor up the hill...or upwards...the scooter is VERY,VERY,VERY slow

i dont mean that it goes 60kmh or 50kmh...i mean 40kmh or maybe even less

it also isnt the fastest in acceleration...i get real acceleration only at 0kmh...when the motor starts to spin

i was at the repair shop today...they told me, that this is because i have chanced the exhaust pipe with a gianelli

i really dont know what the f**k is really wrong

does anyone has some clues=

phidauex
08-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Just for reference, I'm using a Gianelli NRX pipe on my ditech, as well as 6.5g weights, a white spring, and the Malossi fly clutch. My guess is that your rollers might be too light, or your clutch spring too stiff. Tell us what you are currently using in your setup, maybe we can help more.

Peace,
sam

Duc995
08-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Assuming your scoot is mechanically "okay" I know EXACTLY what your problem is. I live in a very hilly area and even though the stock Ditech would get up to 55 mph indicated on the speedo on a flat or slightly declining hill, it would drop below 20 mph on some of the steep hills. The reason is:

*The stock roller weights are too HEAVY and don't let the engine stay in the powerband when there is a heavy load on it...like climbing a hill (two-strokes don't have the torque you need to climb hills!).

The only "fix" is two fold:

1...go with the 70 cc kit to get more power/torque, or

2. ..go with lighter roller weights...7 gm weights have worked best for me. When you do this you will also need to get heavier centrifical clutch springs (3) or the clutch will grab on starts.

I have gone with #2 and have had great improvement. I used to drop to 25 mph on the half mile hill to my house, and now stay between 35 and 40 mph (indicated).

Jebediah
08-22-2003, 01:42 AM
i have took my scooter to a mechanic, he said, that the roller weights are to heavy and bunrout (they are not useful any more)

he changed it...it works great no up the hil...70kmh...but..i have also lost some of the final speed...it now reaches onl 80-85 on a straight road

thats why i have decided, to sell my scooter and buy sr50 but not ditech

apriliabigbore
08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Okay...good luck!

srditech/repsol
08-25-2003, 05:37 PM
that was a bit hasty.. the sr ditech smokes the carbed ones!