PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service? Aprilia USA

Giovani Aprilia
04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Has anyone a suggestion as to a helpline for Aprilia USA?
Any number other than (212) 380-4400.
I just spoke with a lady that claims she is the only person available to help me and now Iam really scared.

She sounds like she could care less about my problem.

In a nut shell,:gunner: I bought an 06 Aprilia sr-50 Spidee version and it took a dump at 350 miles 3 months later, still waiting for parts....:gunner:

Giovani Aprilia
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
I didn't mean to bad mouth the big A but I was feeling the need to vent. Iam sorry if my frustration became evident on my last thread. The fact is I was shocked at the attitude of the person responsible for handling Customer service calls.

I woulkd be a fool to let that moron ruin my day. In 6 years of riding Aprilias
This is the first time I have had a complaint and fortunately have never had to ask for help aside from the dealer.

Regards,
GA

Burse
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Sorry, wish I could I help you...I would call where you got it. They might be able to further assist you.

Giovani Aprilia
04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I hope I got the attention of Aprilia Corporate with an info email.

The Dealer has done everything they can. If they are also faced with relying on the same person I delt with yesterday, then it's no wonder why they are not getting solid info. Oh well my RS-250 and Tuono still run great:whiner:

djstugots
04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I have been trying to find out the status of a backorder part (Futura rear brake lever) and called Aprilia USA (the dealer contact number 770-592-2261) and am directed to select option 120 to talk to customer service. When you select that option, it routes you back to the main menu, and when you select 0 to talk to an operator, it directs you to their voice mailbox. Very irritating.

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I have been trying to find out the status of a backorder part (Futura rear brake lever) and called Aprilia USA (the dealer contact number 770-592-2261) and am directed to select option 120 to talk to customer service. When you select that option, it routes you back to the main menu, and when you select 0 to talk to an operator, it directs you to their voice mailbox. Very irritating.

You are calling the old ApriliaUSA Atlanta Office, you need to call PiaggioUSA in NY. Look on www.piaggiousa.com for current contact info.

tsombrero
05-18-2006, 05:48 PM
She sounds like she could care less about my problem.

We must have talked to the same person. Her first priority was to end the conversation. She wouldn't tell me anything except "we are shipping parts". (what parts? chicken parts?) Maybe she had to go throw up or something, but I doubt it.

I've been waiting since October for a non-critical part. God forbid anything important should break, knock on wood. It really sucks for all the dudes with dead coils...

Infallible
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey welcome to the club, I waited 6 months for a left mirror.

Tybersk8er
05-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I've been waiting 9 1/2 months for my right mirror:rolleyes: ...

Beau1K
05-19-2006, 12:54 AM

Why on earth would you wait that long? I say if you "wait" more than 1 week for ANY part...you don't really need it that bad and shouldn't be cavethching about "waiting" forever. I have seen DOZENS of mirrors sell on this forum in the last 9.5 months. :rolleyes:

Ed / AF1 Racing
05-19-2006, 08:33 AM

we have RS50 mirrors in stock.....

Tybersk8er
05-19-2006, 11:27 AM
we have RS50 mirrors in stock.....

I know, I wish I would have bought it from you guys! I bought it from a dealer in Phoenix, The promised me a week.... I already paid for it and everything...

taziscool
05-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Why on earth would you wait that long? I say if you "wait" more than 1 week for ANY part...you don't really need it that bad and shouldn't be cavethching about "waiting" forever. I have seen DOZENS of mirrors sell on this forum in the last 9.5 months. :rolleyes:
Don't know what mirrors he was talkin' about but Corse had the one I needed(01 Mille) IN STOCK, $41!

clarkie49
05-20-2006, 09:07 AM
trust me, Piaggio isnt much better when a dealer calls up trying to find out information either...

Capsil21
05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
"It really sucks for all the dudes with dead coils..."

Amen to that brother!!:bangwall:

badmotorscooter
05-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I guess I'm just lucky. I've dropped two Apes in the last two years, did several $thousand in damages and have had the bikes up and running with every single damaged part replaced in three weeks or less, even with parts coming from Italy. I have used AF-1 and a local (200 mi.) dealer of choice and have had no problems. The only observation I can make is that your dealer needs to be well-connected. I also got my swingarm replaced under the warranty or whatever. My rear brake and clutch lever also got retrofitted without me even needing it. Again, the dealer I was working with took the initiative.

I really want the brand to survive, but apparently the perception (and perception is fact in sales & marketing) is that Aprilia does not support its customers very well. I have been OK with Aprilia, but it seems I may be in the minority.

grumpyduck
05-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey you guys...

Aprilia UK aint much better 12 weeks so far for new dash!!:bangwall:

idahoskiguy
05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Basically their is no customer service from Aprilia, maybe it will get better with the new owners but I am not counting on it. Really to bad because it is a great product and the new 450s and 550s look to be amazing. But Aprilia will get no more of my purchases unless parts become available and they actually support their products.

03 Futura
02 CapoNord
07 RXV 4.5 (cancelled order)