PDA

View Full Version : Bike feels wierd after changing tyres.

Steffman
04-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Ok, today i finally got my winter tyres of and the standard pirellis on, however, it feels verry wierd, when turning it pulls the front wheel verry much, also it seems to be a bit wobbely, i'm worried my tiers might be uneavenly worn or somthing, or maybe they didn't fill the tyres up properly, i just wonder, should it really pull so much on the bars all the time?

RS_Patrick
04-20-2006, 08:33 AM
check your tire presure and have someone hold the wheel really firmly while you try to move the handle bars to check if somethings loose.
are the tires fitted in the right direction? there should be a arrown on the side of the tire indicating the turning direction while driving.

Steffman
04-20-2006, 08:35 AM
check your tire presure and have someone hold the wheel really firmly while you try to move the handle bars to check if somethings loose.
are the tires fitted in the right direction? there should be a arrown on the side of the tire indicating the turning direction while driving.

Well, i had a motorcycle shop do it, so i don't see why they would have screwed anything up, but i'll go check.

Steffman
04-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, nothing seems to be loose in the front, and the tyres are in the right direction, i'll go to a gas station and check my pressure, couse i don't have suitible equipment for that at home.

trashedteen
04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Sounds like it could be an alignment problem is which case you need to go down to a recognised motorbike garage and get them laser-aligned.

Steffman
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Sounds like it could be an alignment problem is which case you need to go down to a recognised motorbike garage and get them laser-aligned.

The wierd thing is, i had a recognised motorbike garage do it, so they definetly should have aligned them properly. Ok, i guess it might just be that i'm not used to driving on the tyres, after all, i've never driven the bike on summer tyres. but i'll check tyre pressure later, and if the problem persits, i guess i'll have a different garage have a look at it.

RS_Patrick
04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
I think its most likly between your ears :cheers:

Steffman
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, the air pressure in the tyres was way low, and after filling up it does feel quite a bit better at the wobbeling end, and after a long ride im getting used to the rest.

stonedoncalpol
04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
u know new tyres have to be scrubbed in right?

Steffman
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
u know new tyres have to be scrubbed in right?

They are the bikes original though, from 2003 , i never used them, but previous owner did, and no didn't know that:)

Steffman
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Had to bring this thread back up, just to get rid of some steam, the reason it felt wierd was probably becouse they hadn't tightened the bolts properly at the garage:pissed:, yesterday, when i went over a speed bump, the rear wheel twisted, so the chain jumped of the rear sprocket, and stopped the engine in the prosess, when my father came to the rescue whith a tool box we notised that both the rear and front wheel nuts where VERY loose. and i tell ya, it's very funny when you hear CHRRAACCHHH! and your rev counter drops to zero, damn i thougt i seized the engine or something:bangwall:.

RS_Patrick
04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Told you to check that in my first post, nice, i would surly let them know they forgot to tighten the bolts, imagine what would have hapened if the nut had come off and the axel would have slided out of the fork, would have been one hell of a crash.

Steffman
04-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Told you to check that in my first post, nice, i would surly let them know they forgot to tighten the bolts, imagine what would have hapened if the nut had come off and the axel would have slided out of the fork, would have been one hell of a crash.

yeah, it didn't feel loose though, but then again, i din't try screwing the nuts. yes, i did complain at the garage, and they where like: :eek: thats impossible! and yes, i'm not sure i can think of anything worse than the front wheel suddenly comming of while riding.