PDA

View Full Version : secret to fast starts

jonezy
04-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Ive been riding geared bikes for a good few months now, and on my last i was perfect with clutch control, however now i have switched to the rs50 i just cannot get on with starts. i have stalled it once which made me feel a rite prat, doesnt need to be sed, i flicked the electric start and bolted off. but is there somethign differant about these bikes that ijust havent got the hang of yet?
if i give more revs it will near cut out, and then real slow pick up, if i ease out while slow upping revs, i crawl out.
i hate having these slow starts, making other bikers over take me, then speeding up to catch them

any secrets, or just simple tips?

cheers,
khris

Rs50_Rs50
04-20-2006, 04:01 AM
well you could do a "racing start" but i think it burns the clutch out quick you just find the biting point of the clutch and rev high to make a fast exit.

addjobe
04-20-2006, 04:32 AM
yeh just slip the clutch as he said hold it at the bite point. or get the revs up with the clutch in the let it out but not too high cuz the front will lift.

as for waring ure clutch, takes alot to do, i have loadsa performance mods
and am forever slipping the clutch and mine still hasent gone yet.

hope this helps

onone.
04-20-2006, 04:38 AM
give it loads of revs nd slip the clutch out, youll get the hang of it soon

Keyz
04-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Seems to me like ur lettin the clutch out to fast,
Like the other guys sed, rev it high and get it to the biting point then release it

samRS
04-20-2006, 08:19 AM
rev it to something like 7-8k, then let the clutch out, but just to the biting point till you start moving forward fast then release it and rev to the redline

1wheelinallthew
04-20-2006, 10:55 AM
yeh just slip the clutch as he said hold it at the bite point. or get the revs up with the clutch in the let it out but not too high cuz the front will lift.

maybe on your bike it will lift with all the mods but if hes a got a near stock bike it aint going to lift from standing still without any help from him trying to lift it

jon_RS50
04-20-2006, 11:05 AM
did you ever try revvin the fuck out of it on gravel then dumpin the clutch lol ...you take of sideways and its well fun lol but dont do it much, you'l probably fuck your clutch up

samRS
04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
yes i do that all the time lol, well actually i dont but i sometimes do it by accident, you also go sideways if you do it on ice too:happy:

1wheelinallthew
04-20-2006, 11:09 AM
did you ever try revvin the fuck out of it on gravel then dumpin the clutch lol ...you take of sideways and its well fun lol but dont do it much, you'l probably fuck your clutch up
i once did that by accident turning out of a t-junciton that is halfway up a steep hill so u have to rev it to go anywhere it was wet and did a nice wheelspin while turning scared the shit out of me though lol

Steffman
04-20-2006, 11:15 AM
i once did that by accident turning out of a t-junciton that is halfway up a steep hill so u have to rev it to go anywhere it was wet and did a nice wheelspin while turning scared the shit out of me though lol

Oh, man, you need more snow over there, sliding isn't scary, its fun! (tell that to my rear tyre)

Plz Dont Laugh
04-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, man, you need more snow over there, sliding isn't scary, its fun! (tell that to my rear tyre)
lol crazy foreigners :burnout:

jonezy
04-20-2006, 03:20 PM
thanks for all the help, as soon as i can get it started again i will be out practicing. at the minute the bike just wont start... seems like its flooding, btu took out spark plug dryed it, charged battery cus was wearing charge out, tryed it again, nothing, absolutly buga all any ideas on this one?

Rejimbo
04-20-2006, 03:37 PM
is it trying to start as in the revs go up for a sec then drop, or is it just turning over?

jonezy
04-20-2006, 03:47 PM
it just keeps turning over, occasuinaly it will make an effort and ill hear that joyus popping from the exhaust as if the engine feels like waking up but then it fails again,

i was runnig aroudn trying to bump start it 4 ages earlier, twice it showd signs of life, then i assume the choke clicked off and it died and the secound it jsut died... gave up after a while. couldnt move..

took out spark plug and its got laods fuel on it, had cleaned it up before hand asdwell...

Gso3
04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
thanks for all the help, as soon as i can get it started again i will be out practicing. at the minute the bike just wont start... seems like its flooding, btu took out spark plug dryed it, charged battery cus was wearing charge out, tryed it again, nothing, absolutly buga all any ideas on this one?

use the magical power of the choke :plus:

RiejuR51
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
or leave it standing ovvernight on charge and try it 2morro

any excess petrol will have drained by then

jonezy
04-20-2006, 03:54 PM
im using the choke lol. have to everytime ive had it. its got plenty of charge now, recrged it earlier, and spark plugs out cus its covered. shall c 2moz. will have to wait till after college cus walking now and have to go early