PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna SM610

morphine
04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
If Aprilia doesn't make it over with the SXV's, DOT legal!!
Does anyone have any experience with the Husky SM610?

CityClip
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Up until this afternoon I had one. It was stolen today. Pretty fun bike, I'd say. Too loud for my tastes though, and that's why I'm here again. It's got some pretty satisfying power, even stock. The SXV has more though. The Husky doesn't require the constant rebuilds, which is a big advantage. I think that the Husky is probably more of a practical street bike. The seat is pretty uncomfortable, the dealer network is small, but parts are available, everyone likes the US Importer - assuming you're in the US (Fast By Feracci). Seems to have a nice suspension, it has the typical hard-to-find neutral of Italian bikes. It comes with a "suicide" kickstand which is easy to fix by shearing off a bolt (it's obvious how to do this). It is light and extremely flickable. Dunno what else to say. I only had 990 miles on mine. If the SXV were available here, I would be at my Aprilia dealer tomorrow - mostly because of the noise issue - I am very sensitive about noise. Most people aren't and wouldn't be bothered by the SM610. Like the SXV it has a pretty smooth running motor due to the counterbalancer shaft, much better than an XR or KTM LC4.

04-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Heavy bike.

PASTAROCKIT
04-28-2006, 06:56 PM
i have a street legal 510 smr super awsom bike all you need to do is buy a ufo light kit and take it to dmv takes time but it can be plated in us. im in so cal and the bike is super fun around town, but beat ya up on the freeway. doma also makes a super awsom exhaust system for the bike and brembo brakes and marzochi suspension cant go wrong..

cheers

MarcV
05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
i have a street legal 510 smr super awsom bike all you need to do is buy a ufo light kit and take it to dmv takes time but it can be plated in us. im in so cal and the bike is super fun around town, but beat ya up on the freeway. doma also makes a super awsom exhaust system for the bike and brembo brakes and marzochi suspension cant go wrong..

cheers

I just looked at one here at my local dealer. It already had front and rear lights, and the dealer said that they had mirrors & blinkers for it. I was considering it for a local commuter since it's 60+ pounds lighter than the 610 with the same power. I'm not too concerned about the engine life or the increased maintenance. I am curious how it will hold up to daily driving, even if it is around town (no fans on the radiators). How long have you had yours? How many miles? Whats your daily mileage and ride like?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Marc

kaplano1
05-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread but what do you guys think of the Suzuki DR-Z400SM or KTM 625 SMC? Obviously neither are in the same league as the SXV 450/550 but as a supermoto with fairly low maintenance, are they any fun when compared to sportsbikes around town?

MarcV
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry, I haven't had the opportunity of riding either of those. I have ridden a KTM 450 SMR and a 525 SMR, a Suzuki DRZ 400S converted to a supermoto with 17" wheels, that was a lot of fun, just needed more power.

I've heard that the KTM is the same this year as last but with a significant price increase (at least here in the US), so you may look around for an '05 model year.

Cheers!

ash19500
05-24-2006, 05:33 AM
Kaplano,I 've just bought a KTM 660SMC to replace my CCM R30.The CCM was a total joy in town,so easy to pop the front wheel and throw around but the KTM is better suited out of town.I think it's because the KTM has a much harder set up and it needs to be pushed a bit to work properly.By the way KTM have just dropped their UK price to 4995 for the 625 and 660 SMC's - savings of over 1000.

kaplano1
05-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Kaplano,I 've just bought a KTM 660SMC to replace my CCM R30.The CCM was a total joy in town,so easy to pop the front wheel and throw around but the KTM is better suited out of town.I think it's because the KTM has a much harder set up and it needs to be pushed a bit to work properly.By the way KTM have just dropped their UK price to 4995 for the 625 and 660 SMC's - savings of over 1000.

Thanks for the feedback. We don't get the 660SMC here in Aus. Only the 625 and the 640. I will definately try and have a test ride to see what this bike is like. It definately looks of a much higher quality than the Suzuki and all the parts/fit/finish are better. :cheers:

Pimmie
05-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Any opinions on a KLX650R rebuilt as a motard?

irdave
05-29-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm currently on a 2002 VOR 530 SMRC. After you get used to the vibration, it seems fine around town, but it hasn't been over about 90 yet this summer- but no fans on the rads, either.

And make no doubt about it, true motards are fast, fun, light, have 10 inches of travel, and will EASILY run with sport bikes to a hundred. Mine's about 250 pounds and 60 hp. And no key to lose! WooHoo!

brightfutures
06-03-2006, 08:52 AM
I have a 2005 husaberg 650 supermoto and a Honda xr650r Dual-sport... Both have tags and are ridden on the street. The Husaberg is very high performing, 240lbs 76whp; pretty loud though... the XR is less extreme and easier on the maintenance; this would be a good bike for a super-moto conversion; "un-corked" with ~57whp and 280lbs. The Husaberg is electric while the XR has only a kick start. They all make great hooligan bikes; great for wheelies, catching air on road defects, unimproved roads are a blast, blasting around the burbs or town, med-short commutes, no worries about hitting curbs... I even speed up and sometimes float the wheel over speed-bumps. Great for short tracks and corners. Not great for long straight aways, highways, bumper-to-bumper (overheating), long rides in the saddle.

Quijibo
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I hope Aprilia get their act together soon.... the latest rumor has KTM prepping their RFS bikes for 48 (maybe even 50) state street approval...