PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Track Day Registration OPEN! Register for May 15th Track Day with AF1

Jon / AF1 Racing
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
The lonestar track day has opened for May 15th. We will be there after our open house and hope to see you all there as well.

www.lonestartrackdays.com

May 15th at texas world.

Thanks!

thrillaprilla
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm in!:burnout:
Thanks for the heads-up.

billerzal
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I just signed up, I am looking forward to hearing the V-Twin thunder on the main straight at TWS. Don’t procrastinate signup – like Jon said these things do fill up.

Dr. Thrillride
04-21-2006, 10:51 AM
just signed up...looking forward to it...

MNellis
04-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I just signed up, I am looking forward to hearing the V-Twin thunder on the main straight at TWS. Don’t procrastinate signup – like Jon said these things do fill up.

Does that mean you'll be at Hallett as well? I've missed chasing you around in F40 these past two races. What's up?

We're heading to Barber for a private 2 day track session so we'll miss personally being at the open house but you can bet we'll be there in spirit and you can think about us as you eat. :)

leoxx
04-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Just sign up wooooohoooo.

Dr. Thrillride
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Jon/Bill: what's your recommendation for a hotel near the track? The only consideration for choice is good coffee (nearby) and close to the track. Cheers!

Here's what's on the LSTD website...

Manor Inn 979-764-9540
Holiday Inn 979-693-1736
Days Inn 979-696-6988
LaQuinta Inn 979-696-7777
Hotel Hotline (979) 260-9999

KingDan
04-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I am in the process of signing up.....but the C group is full, only the A group is open. How important is this? I was hoping to attend the shool but that doesn't seem to be open anymore. Can I sign up in the A group and ride at my own pace? I have never been to a track event. I am a fairly aggressive rider and probably will be even more so w/out on coming traffic. I really would like to go but I don't want to ball up the bike in front of everyone just cause I didn't want to miss out. Any suggestions???? Help I have the sign up window open!!! Help !

billerzal
04-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Thrillride, any of those places you can get in the 55-70.00 price range is fine. I stayed at Comfort Inn off Texas Ave last weekend and it was fine for racing. Ask for the CMRA, LSTD or TWS rate wherever you go in College Station..

Nellis, I think you’re looking for more victims in F40 – congrats on beating Ronnie at TWS. Sounds like your coming to grips with the new GSXR, good on ya... I hope to be at Hallett (for sure racing endurance).

KingDan, don’t sweat too much and for sure don’t miss out. LSTD runs a tight track day but we can work something out getting you in the right group. Find Jon or me for guidance but definitely sign up.

KingDan
04-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Thanks.....ahhhh that was for the may 1st day. I AM signed up!!!!!!! fro the C group of coarse but I think that is the smart way to go. I fear that I will totally stop riding on the street after may 15. And only do track days! Naaaaaa! Can't wait!!!!!!:plus: :plus: :cheers:

buck000
04-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Thanks.....ahhhh that was for the may 1st day. I AM signed up!!!!!!! fro the C group of coarse but I think that is the smart way to go.

I'm in the C Group + class, too. Look forward to meeting and, probably, being lapped by, you (I'm dog slow). :cheers:

Anybody staying overnight at the track on Sunday night? I'm thinking of cheaping out and sleeping in the VAN down by the PADDOCK. ;)

KingDan
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm in the C Group + class, too. Look forward to meeting and, probably, being lapped by, you (I'm dog slow). :cheers:

I will be riding like Miss Daisy I'm sure!

Anybody staying overnight at the track on Sunday night? I'm thinking of cheaping out and sleeping in the VAN down by the PADDOCK. ;)

That is what I plan on doing.

Brenda H.
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM
I've got a question for the guys. I'm looking at attending the trackday as a spectator. I don't have the bike or the experience to go as an attendee but I'd like to be able to stay with the group in the pit area and see what I can learn by watching what's going on and talking to the more experienced riders. Maybe in the future, I'll take my AA out and see what it and I can do but not this time! :)

MNellis
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I've got a question for the guys. I'm looking at attending the trackday as a spectator. I don't have the bike or the experience to go as an attendee but I'd like to be able to stay with the group in the pit area and see what I can learn by watching what's going on and talking to the more experienced riders. Maybe in the future, I'll take my AA out and see what it and I can do but not this time! :)

So what is your question?

binskies
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM

Not sure what your question is, but if you're wondering if you can go and hang out in the paddock with everyone during the track day, the answer is yes. There is no charge to come spectate. It's alot of fun to hang out, but be warned, you will not be able stop the urge to bring your own bike next time. :burnout:

Brenda H.
04-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Not sure what your question is, but if you're wondering if you can go and hang out in the paddock with everyone during the track day, the answer is yes. There is no charge to come spectate. It's alot of fun to hang out, but be warned, you will not be able stop the urge to bring your own bike next time. :burnout:

Yes that WAS the question! I've never been to one before so I was not aware of what the "rules" are. As for the bike, my AA will be there. No way I can afford to commute back and forth to NB from Brenham for 3 days and then TWS on Monday in my gas guzzlin F150. :o As for trying it out during a future track day, I've only heard of one guy who actually does them on an AA500 like mine. It's construction doesn't exactly lend itself to a full knee draggin lean the way a sport bike would. And since it's highly unlikely at this very late date that I'll ever grow enough leg to ride a sport bike, I'll just have to get my thrills second hand. :D

Hatchman
05-07-2006, 08:27 AM
So who all is signed up, and what will you be riding?
Feel free to correct this list as needed.

A Group:
Hatchman - '02 Mille WERA racebike
Jon - AF1 'state of the are/top of the line' Factory
billerzal
MNellis

B Group:

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille

KingDan
05-07-2006, 08:33 AM

A Group:
billerzal
MNellis

B Group:

C Group:
buck000
KingDan

I'll be in the C group after all. 03 Millie (bone stock)

MNellis
05-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Nope, I won't be there. I'll be just getting back from a two day private track day at Barber.

See you all at Hallett.

Mike

A Group:
billerzal
MNellis

Hatchman
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Anyone else riding?

A Group:
billerzal

B Group:

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille

William the Third
05-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I'll be in C on my RS250

Earthpilot
05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I will be there - C group - 00 Mille R

Bradog
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
A Group:
billerzal
Bradog - The hammer, 520KTM, and possibly my bros RS250
Tiller - RS250

B Group:

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille
Earthpilot - 00 mille
EnigmaDeadsouls - RS 250

bobdavis73
05-08-2006, 11:38 PM
I'll be in C group with my RST. My son will be there on his 900 Monster.

Bob

Hatchman
05-09-2006, 05:37 AM
A Group:
billerzal
Tiller - RS250

B Group:

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille
Earthpilot - 00 mille
EnigmaDeadsouls - RS 250
BobDavis73 and son - RST and Monster 900

nutmegchoi
05-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm already signed up for 29th at TWS.
You guys have fun and be safe.
:)

bozack
05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I guess I am the only soul running B group

A Group:
billerzal
Tiller - RS250

B Group:
Bozack - 02 Mille (blue track bodywork)

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille
Earthpilot - 00 mille
EnigmaDeadsouls - RS 250

Dr. Thrillride
05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
From LSTD's description of the groups, I joined the A group, but I'm not an expert racer like Jon and Bill, so would hate to get in their way (if someone can show the newbs to this track the line early in the day, then that may solve that. I'm assuming Jon and Bill will be using the day for practice? so they'll be hauling ass and I won't be keeping up with them). I may start in A, see how it goes, but drop down to B if I'm a too slow.

I guess I am the only soul running B group

A Group:
billerzal
Tiller - RS250

B Group:
Bozack - 02 Mille (blue track bodywork)

C Group:
buck000
KingDan - 03 Mille
Earthpilot - 00 mille
EnigmaDeadsouls - RS 250

billerzal
05-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Better yet - start in B-group, learn the track, gain confidence - then run A-group in the afternoon. The LSTD guys are pretty cool about that.

ps. I'm not going for practice - I'm going to take Jon's money!~:)

buck000
05-11-2006, 04:14 PM
FYI, Lone Star Track Days has their damage/liability waiver available online, to get us on the track faster: clicky (http://www.lstd.com/assets/waiver_tws_051506.pdf)

Gawd, I hope my novice a55 can outride these guys:
http://www.razzomoto.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/elvi_tms_1.jpg

:worship:

vito
05-15-2006, 02:40 PM
FYI, Lone Star Track Days has their damage/liability waiver available online, to get us on the track faster: clicky (http://www.lstd.com/assets/waiver_tws_051506.pdf)

Gawd, I hope my novice a55 can outride these guys:
http://www.razzomoto.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/elvi_tms_1.jpg

:worship:
is that the shriners track day or what?

RZRob
05-15-2006, 03:15 PM
That is totally hilarious. Many of my friends and I have Mini Trails. We used to get together for our Thursday Night Thunder sessions, but we never reached this level of professionalism.

Rob

Dr. Thrillride
05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Excellent day at the track! Nice to meet all that attended and was a pleasure to see Aaron Grisby and Bill Erzal smoke around the track, even if they were doggin' it. Never got to ride with Jon, but as with the others, it wouldn't have been for long anyways after they left me in their dust (these guys are fast!).

Dr. Thrillride
05-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know the name of the photographer that was at the trackday?

Dr. Thrillride
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Found him...but his website is not up...

::: New On-Site Track Images! :::
Greg Laves of Fast Track Images is the official photographer for Lone Star Track Days events. Greg Shoots with professional quality Nikon cameras and lenses. Greg is a former car racer and veteran track day rider. As a result, he has a good idea of the photographs you would like to see. And he puts a great deal of effort into moving around the track in order to get a wide variety of corners and different view points to better preserve the memories of your daring exploits. Do your co-workers know the "real" you? Impress them with a photo from your track day ride. Or years from now, when you are telling your grandchildren about your adventures and you notice the blank stare of disbelief on their face, what would it be worth for you to be able to whip out a photograph that shows you railing around a corner on your motorcycle. As they say in the ads, "priceless".

The photographs for the events are available in either print form or as high resolution .jpg files. To see your photographs after an event, contact Greg via email at: starcom@stx.rr.com
When you contact Greg for proofs please include the following:

Event date
Your rider group
A description of your bike and riding gear
Photographs from 2005 events are also still available upon request.Photo Options:

4 x 6 photographs are $6.00
5 x 7's are $12.00
8 x 10 photos are $20.00The high resolution digital .jpg files are available on CD and start at $15.00 for the first file. For each additional file, add $5.00. No matter how many photographs there are of you, the maximum price for a CD is $50.00. The best deal going. There is a S/H fee of $5.00 for each order, whether the order has one photo or a multiple of photos and/or digital files.

Contact E-Mail:

http://www.lstd.com/assets/images/arrow1.gifGreg Laves e-mail (starcom@stx.rr.com?Subject=Question%20about%20LST D%20images)
http://www.lstd.com/assets/images/arrow1.gifwww.fasttrackimages.com (http://www.fasttrackimages.com/) (to be uploaded asap!)

buck000
05-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Greg Laves from Fast Track Images: starcom @ stx dot rr dot com

Good guy, very responsive, takes PayPal. I'm buying my shots so I can study 'em and learn (and remember a Really Fun Day).

Careful, though, his images don't show the incredible lean angle you were actually achieving...or maybe it was just me... :happy:

Edit: d'oh, beat to the punch by the asker himself...!

wicho
05-17-2006, 10:41 PM
so did anyone beat jon around the track or what?

billerzal
05-18-2006, 08:40 AM
We had a blast at the track day and the weather was spot-on. It’s always nice to enjoy some relaxed time at the track rather than the high-pressure (not-so-relaxed) race weekend. It was great so see some old friends and make some new ones too. Thrillride –looked really smooth out there, could have easily run A-group.

It was also a blast to ride my RSVR racebike for the first time since last Sept. After racing an SV endurance bike this season, getting on the RSVR – especially at TWS (with fresh Pirelli slicks) really brought a smile. The bike is a rocket and was definitely hooked up.

As for the ‘AF1 Challenge’ - there ended up being no official scoring of lap times and therefore no way to officially ‘beat Jon’s lap time’. Basically Jon, Aaron and I were all crankin’ it up pretty good – so - since we weren’t scoring lap times, the only gentlemen thing to do is call it a 3-way tie. Only the 3 of us know for sure who was going fastest but that can remain a mystery. :)

Anyway, big thanks and huge props to AF1 for putting on a great Open House weekend and for organizing this track day. A good time was had by all – can’t wait till next year.

anthonyk
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM

By the way, I emailed Greg yesterday afternoon, and he got back to me the same day with my email proofs. That's some seriously fast turnaround this soon after the event! :worship:

Though I missed the big AF1 paddock section and ended up in the next building over, it was great to hear all the v-twin action out there. It was my second track day (first on the Falco) and I can't wait to get back out there!

buck000
05-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I took my freshly trackified SV650 to this track day (my 2nd one ever), since I hated the idea of biffing my Futura (see the Bob Davis saga). My apologies to the RSVs I probably held up all the time. I've got lots to learn and practice, but this stuff IS addictive. I'm signed up for the 29th at TWS... :)

(btw, this photo is from a set I received from Greg Laves)
http://buck000.smugmug.com/photos/70274502-M.jpg

nutmegchoi
05-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I'll be at TWS on 29th with intermediate.
See you around.

KingDan
05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Cool Pic Buck!:plus:

I think that Mille is Earthpilot behind you. What package did you get from Greg? I am probably getting mine today......and I CAN"T WAIT to get out there again!!!!! I still haven't stopped smiling, thinking, or talking about it!!!

KingDan

buck000
05-19-2006, 01:31 PM
I'll be at TWS on 29th with intermediate.
See you around.

I'll be honest, one of my goals is to look as good on my SV around the track as you do. :worship:

'Course, I'll never have your smile, but c'est la vie.

See you there!

buck000
05-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I think that Mille is Earthpilot behind you.

I hope he didn't get too frustrated with my slowness. I at least tried to hold a predictable line through the turns.

What package did you get from Greg?

I got the "Aw, what the hell, give me all of 'em!" package, which totalled about 18 2.5 Mb size pics, which I uploaded to here (http://buck000.smugmug.com/gallery/1463770/2).

KingDan
05-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Cool pics Buck, I was in the C "slow" group also, it was my first time to the track, surely will not be my last. I still have the priller prepped for the track, I don't know that it will go on the street again. I need a track whore!! I have to work on the 29th but I am thinking of going on the 9th of June @Cresson, and the 30th @oakhill (B-Day) I can't wait! Maybe I'll see you at one. How do you like the SV?

buck000
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I have to work on the 29th but I am thinking of going on the 9th of June @Cresson, and the 30th @oakhill (B-Day) I can't wait! Maybe I'll see you at one.

The 5/29 day might be my last one for a while, as I'm burning most of this year's vacation for a Big Family Trip in June/July. :) :mad:

How do you like the SV?

I LOVE it. That was my first time with it on the track. It was absolutely well-behaved at my dog-slow speeds (though I did manage to run down a few bigger bikes in the corners ;)). It's got plenty more potential for me to utilize, and if I ever get to the point where I need to, I can mod the (currently bone-stock) suspension for that much more performance. It'd be kind of nice to have more oomph on the straights (I did get to an indicated 130 mph on the big straight once, though). However, my goal is to get smoother and faster on the curves, so I can live with the SV engine output for a long time.

Eventually, I'll get an RSVR or a descendent for 2nd bike/track bike duties, but that's way down the road/track... ;)

nutmegchoi
05-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I didn't know you got a track SV.
Congrats!!!
:cheers:

My SV doesn't get to go out to track anymore.
I have Boo Boo for that.
http://nutmegchoi.smugmug.com/photos/58904165-M.jpg
http://nutmegchoi.smugmug.com/photos/63849819-M-1.jpg

But since MSRH is such a tight track, I might take SV out just for sake.
You should come out to play at Cresson or MSRH.
You'll have more fun with those tracks with SV than TWS.
TWS is for 600 or litter bike.
:burnout:

buck000
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
You should come out to play at Cresson or MSRH.

Oh, I will, as soon as funds/vacation time coincide... :cheers: