PDA

View Full Version : more noise

padiham
04-17-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi to all Aprilia owners,
I am a new member and about to sign on the dotted line tomorrow for a new Aprilia Tuono 06. I would like to put new end cans on and wondered if any of you new the best type for the most noise whilst remaining road legal in uk. Also would you change the sprocket I read so much about or does this not effect the 06 model.
Thank you all in advance for any information at all.
Steve

T06
04-17-2006, 05:12 PM
The 15t front cog= -1 in the tooth department.This is about 250rpm, try both.If you want real noise get the cans that are legal with a baffle that you can remove, they all take under a minute to remove the baffle if you have done it a time or two.

wormus
04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I've got Akrapovic end cans. They look superb and have a removable baffle which is held in with one bolt. With this removed it sounds lovely - quiet enough at low revs through towns but bloody noisey when you open it up. Build quality is first rate too.

Maxacceleration
04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
And what is the sound level w/baffles in, as compared to stock cans?

Greg Classon
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi guys

My bike going in for first service on Friday- I am having Akrapovics fitted along with 15 tooth front sprocket (can't wait for it to sound how it should!).
Already done 900 miles so service way over due but this was the earliest they could do the service, hopefully it should not cause any problems.

Greg

The Dr.Jon
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
I've got Akrapovic end cans. They look superb and have a removable baffle which is held in with one bolt. With this removed it sounds lovely - quiet enough at low revs through towns but bloody noisey when you open it up. Build quality is first rate too.

What he says!:plus:

cds10
04-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi to all Aprilia owners,
I am a new member and about to sign on the dotted line tomorrow for a new Aprilia Tuono 06. I would like to put new end cans on and wondered if any of you new the best type for the most noise whilst remaining road legal in uk. Also would you change the sprocket I read so much about or does this not effect the 06 model.
Thank you all in advance for any information at all.
Steve

Steve

I'm currently running a set of Leo Vince Evolution Ti Hi-mounts. With the baffles in you don't attract that much attention with the extra sound, but remove the baffles and your in for a treat. The sound is awsome but you will find it hard to find volenteers to follow you around. If you do quite a bit of around town riding, the 15t is recommended, but be warned the front will be tough to keep down!:burnout:

chrisscaines
04-24-2006, 11:33 AM
I believe the stock cans on the Tuono are 94 decibels at about 4,625 RPM or so. The Akras as well as some of the others, are at 98 decibels. The Leo Vince are 101 decibels or thereabouts. I think it's more about the "tone" than the loudness that makes all the aftermarket pipes specail.

T06
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I've had my LeoVince's soundtested & they came in at 6db over the stock at 4500rpm.:burnout:

wormus
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Steve

....If you do quite a bit of around town riding, the 15t is recommended, but be warned the front will be tough to keep down!

He's not wrong - the other day, after 12 years of riding I did my first proper, unintentional wheelie gassing it out of a junction...nearly shit myself but couldn't stop giggling all the way to work. The 15T sprocket & the remap transforms the bike.:eek:

cds10
04-25-2006, 08:02 AM
The 15T sprocket & the remap transforms the bike.:eek:

Where did you get your re-map done. I'm struggling to find a dealer with the newest software to access and run map 2 correctly?
Cheers

wormus
04-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Collin Collins Motorcycles in Letchworth. http://www.colincollins.com/bikes/index.html

cds10
04-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Collin Collins Motorcycles in Letchworth. http://www.colincollins.com/bikes/index.html

Thanks wormus.