PDA

View Full Version : UK used how much?

fastfrank
04-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

I'm thinking of selling my 04 Silver Tuono. It's in mint condition, me as the only owner with a tad over 10,000miles on the clock. FSH etc etc.

How much do we think it's worth?

Thanks
Frank

The Dr.Jon
04-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Mmmm...like to help you son, but not in that colour.
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/e-magnet/news/attachments/daley1.jpg

burty
04-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Best second hand prices from dealers for 04 Tuonos in perfect condition, seems to be 4999. I've seen some trying for more, even over 6K, but seeing as a new registered 05 model can be had for 5999 it's hard to see how they can sell them for that price. Privately I would suggest it needs to be a little less. I've seen private sellers trying for 5K, but with a dealer offering a similar bike for the same price would you buy from a private sale?

fastfrank
04-16-2006, 03:43 PM
thanks. My bike is truely excellent in condition - in no why has it been abused. Maybe part-ex is the best route for me.

ian-parkes
04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi what are you changing it for ,
Also how much protection does the screen give for longer or high speed trips
Cheers

fastfrank
04-17-2006, 04:26 PM
hi, looking to go for the new GSXR1000, never had a full on sports bike before so want to give it a blast. Problem is, the insurance on these things is so damn expensive!

Windshield is great, one of the most noticable improvements to the bike. 85-90 is now more bearable. I'm 5'11 so i needed something to keep the wind off.

ian-parkes
04-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for that , are you saying you have a bigger screen than the standard one .
I have a caponord at present and after borowing a z1000 for a day anything over 80 was hell for my old bones . I fancy the tuono as i like the upright position but the screen had to be good for 200 miles a day sometimes .

fastfrank
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
yes the sceen is much taller than the standard one. Some say it looks naff but like anything, it grows on you with age:)

I think you'll find the Tuono beat the Z1000 for wind protection - I don't know that fact but it's fairly obvious from the minimal fairing at the front.

Hey, why not look at buying mine... I leave all the extras on if you're interested????? and get you some up to date pics!

ian-parkes
04-18-2006, 11:36 AM
No harm in asking what you are looking for , its a nice looking bike .

Problem is the interest free deal the dealer has offered me on a new one plus the trae in on my Caponord is almost too good to be true .

To be honest I would rather have one with few miles on as they take forever to run in , or at least my capo did , it needed 5000 to even begin to free up properly .

fastfrank
04-18-2006, 11:51 AM
My bike is truely mint, like eveything I've owned it gets the full TLC. I previously owned a VFR800 which I clocked up a whopping 32k on and when I came to sell it people thought I was publishing pictures of the bike from new as it was so well looked after.

I know what you mean about engine tightness, it only feels like it's loosening up as I've just past the 10k mark!

Just had a brand new set of Bridgestone 014s fitted (done about 200miles so them so far). It's got one of those Pro-oilers fitted so that reduces the amount of maintenance you have to spend oiling your chain.

I was going to strip off all the accessories if I put it in for part ex but if someone was interested I'd be prepared to leave them on. I'm looking around the 4350-4400 mark.

ian-parkes
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
That could interest me but I would have to get mine sold private first etc , so I couldn't be reliable .
The intrest free thing with the dealers makes it easy to buy a new bike and then wait for the best price on yours .