PDA

View Full Version : results...

throttle junkie
08-17-2003, 07:50 AM
roissi first, gibernau second, bayliss third, checa 4th......

fantastic race......

ZeroTwoRSV
08-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Lot's of lead changes, aggressive riding, no bad spills. Edge of your seat! As a matter of fact, I'm watching it again tonight!

I saw where Colin climbed up to 10th or 11th, but then faded to 13th I think. Too bad, I thought he was going to finish top 8 as he sliced through the crowd. He always seems to fade in the end. Must be the tires.

Davenet
08-17-2003, 08:44 PM
That was an awesome race. I actually realized that MY heartbeat was up when they broke away for commercial! That was almost as good as ?Phillip Island '93? with Sarron, Lawson, Rainey, Swantz and Doohan all swapping back & forth. Too bad Cappirossi left the party before the last dance. Great race. Even Hayden could see the leaders until the last 4-5 laps. Another good ride.

Low J.
08-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Must be the tires.

That's what they used to say about the Dunlops.....maybe they should throw a set of "Hoosiers" on there next year :)

Fox
08-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Yeah I gotta say I was up off the lounge - man that was GOOD racing! I cant belive there's another 3 week break. And as for the Superbikes ... they hardly exist!

ZeroTwoRSV
08-18-2003, 08:30 AM
, , , Superbike you talk of? Just kidding, I'm fully aware of the Ducati Cup. Racing is just plain great this year with that one exception. MotoGP is ridiculous, AMA offered a few surprises and some great races this year as well. On to VIR for some live action!!

Ricky J
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
The current Cycle World has an excellent article by Kevin Cameron on the Desmosedici MotoGP bike. Ducati Corse technical director Filippo Preziosi had this to say: "The three most important elements of a racing motorcycle are not under the constructor's direct control. These are, in their approximate order of importance: the tire, the rider and the suspension."
Now with the Cube's new frame it's probably a step in the right direction ultimately that's waiting for the proper tire (and therefore steup) meanwhile. Colin Edwards has already said the RS3 needs a different front tire than what Michelin produced for the RCV211. While I believe the wrong bike cannot win on the "right" tires neither do I think the top bike (or rider) could win on inferior rubber.

Low J.
08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
the 250GP race was no slouch either.....I think 3 different guys took the lead at one point during the last lap......awesome set of races......now if I can only figure out how to get vid from my TimeWarner DVR (TiVo) to my PC I'd be gold !!!!

scottywadly
08-18-2003, 08:50 PM
best race in recent memory:D