PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased the taller windscreen for 2007

chrisscaines
04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Did anyone buy this yet? If so, who has them in stock, etc?

If you do have one, is there an improvement in windmanagment over the stocker?

Maxacceleration
04-13-2006, 10:33 PM
I also want the taller windscreen. As long as it doesn't buffet my helmet I'll probably keep it on. My Seattle dealer said the Tuono specific stuff(cf bits also) isn't out there yet. But when it is available, I'm buying all of it!
Well, most of it...
Are you Europeans getting the Tuono tall windscreen & cf bits yet?

FredE
04-13-2006, 11:08 PM
............or the Zero Gravity, Puig, War Eagle, etc. equivalent. Right now, the windblast is climbing my chest, and lifting my helmet at speed. I'd like it to clear my shoulders.

Greg Classon
04-14-2006, 07:37 AM
I have the taller screen but cannot really comment if it is any better than standard as I had it fitted when I collected my new bike so not really ridden with the standard screen. I have had the bike for one month and it is going in for it's first service next week when hopefully the crash protector kit will be fitted (I ordered it with the bike but it was not in when I collected it) I am also having the slip on Akrapovic silencers fitted as they are available along with the 15 tooth front sprocket that came with the bike. My previous bike was a Ducati ST4 which obviously had a full fairing so I do notice a fair amount of windblast on the Tuono in comparison even with the higher screen.
Most of my daily riding is on the motorway to work so I am constantly travelling at 80 mph (may be I should put the standard screen back ob for comparison and let you guys know). When at the dealer next week I will find out if any other bits are available as yet.

Cheers, Greg

chrisscaines
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
what crash protectors did you order? The ones offered by Aprilia look good, with full bracket, etc. The R&Gs are another choice. Yes, please let us know more about the screen test.

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-14-2006, 06:37 PM
what windscreen did you get?

I've looked all over the Aprilia Accessories (dealer side) site and cannot find anything. Nothing is listed for accessories yet on the Aprilia Tuono Parts fish either.

We have some people already working on carbon bits, windscreens from Zero Gravity, Puig and others will probably still be a few months off.

Greg Classon
04-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi Guys

I have the approved aprila tuono taller screen fitted (picture attached).
I have also gone for the Aprilia Crash protection kit which hopefully be fitted next friday when having first service done. After then, just so as i can compare the effectiveness of the higher screen, I will put the standard one on and let you know if there is a big improvement. i will also posy some pictures of the crash protectors etc. In my UK brochure for the bike it does list all of these things as options (including carbon goodies but I do not know if they are all available yet). I will speak to my dealer when the bike goes in on Friday.

Greg

GanjamanUSS
04-15-2006, 08:15 AM
yah ed its official aprilia part if u want me to dig out the part number for you will get it, we have it fitted to our shop demo bike . . .

does make a bit of a difference over the "barely a screen" jobbie they come out the factory with.

haven't figured out whether its worth the 40 quid retail for it though :)

Beau1K
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow! That screen looks pretty sexy...I thought it'd be ugly but I think I like it even better than the stock small one!:plus: :plus: :plus:

That norwegian
04-19-2006, 04:08 AM
A small double bubble from Fabbri, with the flat black (Glazed) finish would do the trick. But they never bothered to make one for the old Tuono....
http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/Edouble.htm

Ricky J
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I have heard good things about this stuff for increasing wind protection on other motorcycles. They specify its use on screens without molded-in edge beads so it'll probably work on the taller Aprilia version.

http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm