PDA

View Full Version : rider test new etv1000 caponord

adventure rider
08-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Great test on new caponord.check it out:D

rmandzij
08-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey adventure rider, where is the article located? I think you forgot the link.

Cheers,

rons
08-17-2003, 10:38 AM
The latest issue of Bike magizine has a good review of the Rally Raid. They position it between the GS and the KTM950 in terms of its balance between road and dirt. They seemed to like.

jdm1intx
08-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by rons
The latest issue of Bike magizine has a good review of the Rally Raid. They position it between the GS and the KTM950 in terms of its balance between road and dirt. They seemed to like.

Is it Bike or Roadbike ? August or September ? I went to the local Barnes & Noble today and scoured the magazine racks. Didn't find anything that mentioned the Capo Nord.

:confused:

rons
08-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jdm1intx
Is it Bike or Roadbike ?

Bike, the UK publication.

August or September ? I went to the local Barnes & Noble today and scoured the magazine racks. Didn't find anything that mentioned the Capo Nord.

It is the September issue. Just came in yesterday. Barnes & Noble may not have it yet.

Garp
08-18-2003, 08:56 AM
There is a test in "Roadbike" as well. I'll check which issue at home tonight. I picked up a copy at Tower Records this weekend.

jdm1intx
08-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Our cup runneth over . . . :D

Garp
08-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Okay, it is the Sept/Oct 2003 edition of RoadBike. Here is a link to the cover shot

RoadBike (http://www.roadbikemag.com/index.html)

If you look REAL close, so you can see the Capo on the cover, right at the top, in the center.

Aregata4x4
08-20-2003, 06:51 AM
I have read the review and agree with most of the observations, but there is one point that I believe is incorrect. The author states that Caponords tires are specifically designed for that bike. There is no mention as to what tires were on the Capo, but I believe that all of them came with Metzler Tourance as a standard issue. As we all know, Metzlers are mass production tire that can be found on bikes like GS and Tiger. Maybe I have missed something, can someone enlighten me?
Arek

grins
08-20-2003, 09:48 AM
I thought there were Pirellis that were specced as well...maybe European only?

Yeah, the Euro owner's manual says either the tourances or Pirelli Scorpion S/T MT90 for both front and rear. Maybe the Pirellis are the model specific tire.

t

rmandzij
08-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey,
Is that guy on the Roadbike mag one of us?:D :D :D :D