PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Tuono

gixkid
04-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Im riding a suzuki GSXR 750 2001 and i am thinking of selling it and buying a tuono. Is there any difference apart from paint between the 2003 and 2004.
What should i look for when buying is there any problems i should know about. Are the servicing cost expensive and is it possible to get hold of a service manual and do it youself. I rode a 2004 tuono and was extremely impressed. All the tuono around seem to have really low Kms why is this doesnt anyone ride them much? will be riding mine everyday is it a reliable mount.

:aussie:

The Dr.Jon
04-10-2006, 07:08 AM
There is no difference between 03 and 04, but there are some models (the Racing, later re-named the Factory) that come with bling Ohlins front and rear, an adjustable steering damper, OZ wheels and radial brakes and some carbon fibre. The engine's are the same. The engines are very reliable and the finish to body parts is very good. There are some electrical gremlins, but these can be rectified with a more powerful battery, an Optimate charger, or a simple wiring mod.

Don't know what the service costs will be in Oz, but over here they are very similar to a HondawakiSuziyam, considerably cheaper than Ducati.

I ride mine all the time and did about 12,000 miles last year. The engine has a lot of grunt rather than the top end howl that you will be used to, but the bike as a whole has a grin factor score of 10/10!

PS Red one's are rarer, 'cos they are, of course, faster and harder to tame.:burnout:

The Dr.Jon
04-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Should have mentioned that Haynes do a service manual for the Mille, which is the same bike, but with clip ons and more plastic. I got a print out of a workshop manual off flea-bay and CD rom versions are available too.

The valves very rarely require adjustment and I've not heard of a motor expire, provided they've had regular service checks, oil etc.
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/4255.jpg
:cheers:

ARAIHEAD
04-10-2006, 07:23 AM
As far as reliability goes , i bought mine back in November and it hasn't cost me a penny, what a magnificent machine !!
I went for the fast black factory!:happy:
42124:happy:

The Dr.Jon
04-10-2006, 07:32 AM
gixkid: Araihead's remarks need some clarification.
1, He has done only 66 miles on it since November.
2, He talks shite....ask anyone.

LOL!:p:

gixkid
04-11-2006, 07:01 AM
These electrical gremlins what should i look out for to know if they have been sorted on the bike on not and what this i hear about the dash reset?:aussie:

RSV4ME
04-11-2006, 07:30 AM
If you are looking for a cdrom manual, these are great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/APRILIA-RSV-MILLE-TUONO-2003-WORKSHOP-CD-ROM-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ4629824355QQcategoryZ122236QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem