PDA

View Full Version : Not happy, Aprilia, not happy at all!

TUONOAPE
04-09-2006, 04:31 PM
:gunner: I can't believe that my rear brake has gone. I could accept it on the first of the '04 RSV's, but it's now over 2 years since this problem occurred and you still obviously don't think that having a rear brake is important. Apart from the fact that our local track day scrutineers do check the rear brake out, itís just not good enough. FIX IT APRILIA because you're really pushing the friendship here. :bond: (obviously I'm sending the to Aprilia too. Just thought you guys might like to know that it's still a prblem and not good enough on a bike of this calibre.

FredE
04-09-2006, 06:59 PM
............and fix it yourself, then you will know it's been done properly. Look in the 1000 cc faq section for the post by kzmille, and follow his system bleeding instructions. I was amazed at the quantity of air that was trapped in that small volume system when I did mine. Now I have a solid lever, and a REAL rear brake. I know it's a pain to have to work on a brand-new bike.....but I believe it's a BIGGER pain to not be able to ride your new expensive toy. Lesser of evils, really.

Ricky J
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM
"Brokebrake Mountain"

Brocken
04-10-2006, 01:32 PM
My new '05 has the same spongy rear brake. I really need to take the time to bleed it...it's such a hassle though.
you would think it would be a part of dealer prep to check the brakes out....?

hollywood
04-10-2006, 10:47 PM
same here.. new '05 with useless rear brake..

Beau1K
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about...I press my rear brake and the pedal goes until the wheel locks up...in fact...I locked that shit up yesterday and fishtailed into the Starbucks parking lot at 8AM LOL! Maybe they need to make a rear anti-lock or something ;)

TUONOAPE
04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about...I press my rear brake and the pedal goes until the wheel locks up...in fact...I locked that shit up yesterday and fishtailed into the Starbucks parking lot at 8AM LOL! Maybe they need to make a rear anti-lock or something ;)
just wait, mine worked for the first 2000k's. I've bled them before on the RSV, but they need rebleeding again after a while. Scott on the RSV forum has a few tips too which looks like I'll be forced to try, but it's still increadibly slack not to have not rectified this simple problem, especially as it affects heaps of bikes, not just the odd 1 or 2.

Beau1K
04-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Ya, everybody complains of this problem. My bike has over 12K miles on it...no problems as of yet...then again - I have the best wrench in the area workin on it so maybe he's does stuff I don't know about and it's just transparent to me.