PDA

View Full Version : Which Neito is this Shark Named After

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I was hoping somebody might be able to figure this out.

The Shark website doesn't list it anymore and I was hoping that somebody knew which of the Nieto's this helmet is a Rep of.

It's got to be Angel, Pablo, or Fonsi, but nothing I've seen says which is which.

minxymears
04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
i think thts the fonsi nieto rep

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Darn, that is what I was afraid of.

Both Angel and Pablo are cool guys (at least according to the way the media portrays them), but Fonsi kind of has a rich boy stigma around him.

I was really hoping that it was an Angel Nieto replica. It would be cool to have a rep helmet of the winningest rider in 125 GP history.

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-07-2006, 08:27 PM
It's a Pablo Nieto Rep, I found this on the designers page

Now I just have to come up with the money. :)

fast_tzr
04-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Nice, how much is it?

RS_Patrick
04-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I just bought a new Shark helmet too just before my bike got inpounded,
RS-F Prisma black with a black visor, that helmet that you posted is one of the cheapest model shark has, why dont you go for a RS-F too?
Than you get fiber helmet with a anti fog visor and way better cooling/airflow.
The only controlable opening you got on that helmet is the one on your chin.

Sorry about the poor qualety of the pictures of mine but i broke my phone wen i got busted and my bike got inpounded so took these with my webcam.

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-08-2006, 10:07 AM
In the US it costs right at $200.

I know that Shark makes better helmets than that one RS_Patrick, but I have a hard time liking any of their top shelf designs. I also don't want to spend $600 USD for a helmet that would be junk after one track fall.

Davido
04-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Got me a Shoei z-one viking. Very nice, comfy helmet.

Bloody should be too for 200. :)

RS_Patrick
04-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Mine is 200 also, the helmet your buying is not really suitable for racing, gets hot and wit the visor closed it fogs up quickly, for 300 you get a RS-F with a paintscheme, the Shark RS models are developed for racing.
Its your choice but i would i spend 200 on a black RS-F instead of 200 on a cheap S-500 with a paint scheme, i rather spent 300 than on the RS-F with a paint scheme.

I know both helmets really well and im sure you do a lot better spending your money on the RS-F especialy for racing because its more comfortable and has a way better airflow over yoor head keeping it cool and has 4 controlable vents, 2 in the front and 2 in the back pluss the anbti fog visor.

stonedoncalpol
04-08-2006, 04:58 PM
120 quid caberg brutus haha its gone down to 80 now pssshhhht. the new shark rsi looks sexaeeeee thouhg.

Davido
04-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I was really hoping that it was an Angel Nieto replica. It would be cool to have a rep helmet of the winningest rider in 125 GP history.

Why not just look for a rep of his helmet then?

RS_Patrick
04-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Why not just look for a rep of his helmet then?

Angel Nieto drives for AGV, the only replica's AGV makes are Valentino Rossi helmets :pissed:

Steve / AF1 Racing
04-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Angel Nieto drives for AGV, the only replica's AGV makes are Valentino Rossi helmets :pissed:

Yeah, you nailed it RS_Patrick, it is such a downer too. Several riders, active and retired ride with AGV lids, but right not AGV has all their attention on Valentino.

RiejuR51
04-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, you nailed it RS_Patrick, it is such a downer too. Several riders, active and retired ride with AGV lids, but right not AGV has all their attention on Valentino.
but he does deserve the attention for his pure natural ability to ride a motorcycle better than anyone else!