PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running GPR Exhasts ?

OZSLR
04-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Through some crash repairs, I am looking to replace the old can on my 03 Tuono. I am able to get a GPR High Mount Carbon at the "right price", and would like any opinion from those that may have used/heard them.

mikeyyc
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I've got GPR's on my Capo. Great build quality, nice sound.

OZSLR
04-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Cheers for that ! Seems we are in the minority ! :)

Q-Dogg
04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Through some crash repairs, I am looking to replace the old can on my 03 Tuono. I am able to get a GPR High Mount Carbon at the "right price", and would like any opinion from those that may have used/heard them.

I too was able to come across the same item, at the "right" price!:cheers:

I've just fitted it up this morning and only travelled about 30 kms, so for what it's worth so far i'll add my comments and thoughts...

--The first thing that struck me was the build quality! Typically italian, it is beautifully crafted and the finish is spotless. The weight was slightly down from the Aprilia racing EVO titanium can, but without putting it on the scales, there was nothing in it.

--After sitting it in place it "poked" way too far out the back of the bike for my liking, so i've cut 55mm off the link pipe to bring it back in. Purely for asthetic purposes.

--The rest of the mounting procedure was painless and everything was supplied to run the pillion pegs if necessary, and i particularly like the design of the mounting bracket. Little different, but follows the lines of the body well and tucks it right in. One thing i should add here, is that i had already tidied up the undertail and gone with the LED indicator conversion. Something to consider for potential buyers...

--Hit the starter button and she fires up with the nice, throaty bark you'd expect from a carbon muffler, so from there it was out on to the road.

--First noticeable impression was a loss of bottom end HP. Nothing huge, but it's there. Just means a little more throttle is required than usual to get that front wheel skyward. Having said that, once you hit the mid-range and up into the top end, it really does pull nice and clean all the way through to the limiter (if you're that way inclined).

--I'll be putting about 800-1000 kms on it this weekend, so i'll post up report on how it goes.

Special thanks to trev, you know who you are.:worship:

M.K.
04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Nice looking pipe indeed :worship: Is that poppy or carbon? I've thought G.P.R. could be my choice if I'm ever (means in couple of months) going to change to aftermarket pipe...

OZSLR
04-18-2006, 05:03 AM
That's come up really well !! Looks great by losing the pillion pegs, and I think it suits the black 05 better than my red 03 ! But you need to lose the rego label of the tail !!!!! Now to what I will put back on the old girl which will hopefully be ready within the week !

Q-Dogg
04-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Nice looking pipe indeed :worship: Is that poppy or carbon? I've thought G.P.R. could be my choice if I'm ever (means in couple of months) going to change to aftermarket pipe...

It's the carbon fibre piece, not that there's anything wrong with the poppy version. They look pretty sweet too!

Q-Dogg
04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
But you need to lose the rego label of the tail !!!!!

Yeah, doin that today!:cool:

Thunder fighter
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi Q,

Looks great with the new pipe, cant wait to hear it pass me on the next ride :) . Where are you going to put the rego sticker? I have mine on the side of the numberplate holder but you have already removed it. If you find a good place let me know.

Have fun on the Alpine run over the next few days. I will have to catch up with you to borrow those mirror soon.

Trev, great to hear your bike will be up and running again soon.

Q-Dogg
04-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Good to hear from you dennis!

I ended up doing an old "dirt bike" trick ref the rego label. Bit of contact onto the fork leg. (i don't really like it there, so no doubt it'll get the arse later on!)

Those bar end mirrors are another story...I'll pm you the details.

tikka1969
06-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi guys. I've been looking at the GPR Furore for a while but still unsure. They look great but wondering about the sound. Have SL carbon cans on my Falco but would like a bit more growl/ sound. Has anyone here herd the difference.? I know I'm not in the falco forum but thought I could get some kind of input. I know it's hard to describe sounds but I need some kind of input. Thanks

RossGuzzi
06-26-2014, 08:54 AM
The Sl`s sound fantastic on the Falco. Any louder would be excessive. JMHO

tikka1969
06-26-2014, 09:58 AM
The Sl`s sound fantastic on the Falco. Any louder would be excessive. JMHO
They do sound nice. I just a bit more. Hoping the GPR will give me that bit and then some.