PDA

View Full Version : how many times can you fall in love with the tuono...

repoe3
03-29-2006, 07:31 AM
loved it the first time i ever saw it on the floor at the international moto show, few years ago. loved it when i sat on it. loved it when i rode it for 725 miles in one day to get home with it. loved it when i rode in anger on the track. and loved it more when i rode it to work this morning...

something tells me i am going to fall in love again and again.

my beemer is my do-all bike, but the tuono is definitely the do-all fun sportive bike. if only every manufacturer stripped theie superbike and left the engine in the proper tune...

repoe3

ARAIHEAD
03-29-2006, 08:34 AM
REPOE, you want to be carefull cos you'll put yer back out if you love it anymore!!!:happy:

repoe3
03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
REPOE, you want to be carefull cos you'll put yer back out if you love it anymore!!!:happy:

i know, it lasted just long enough. thank goodness i dont have the 2-1-2 exhaust, it wouldhave taken twice as long :plus:

repoe3

jetfever
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I know, I keep loking at the end of those Pipes!:eek: :kidding:

The Dr.Jon
03-29-2006, 10:07 AM
La Vita Nuova

In that book which is
My memory . . .
On the first page
That is the chapter when
I first met you
Appear the words . . .
Here begins a new life

- Dante Alighieri

hank
03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
La Vita Nuova

In that book which is
My memory . . .
On the first page
That is the chapter when
I first met you
Appear the words . . .
Here begins a new life

- Dante Alighieri

Great piccie - where was that taken?

The Dr.Jon
03-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Cheers hank. That's from my trip to Slovenia via the Nurburgring and the Alps last year. It's taken on the Slovenian border with Austria on route for Lake Bohinj from Maribor. (More here: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56516&highlight=slovenia+bust ):burnout:

Brocken
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
I was pissed off sitting in crappy traffic on my way to work this morning and I had an epiphany....I was riding in on a kickass bike!
I consider myself dang lucky that I was able to pick up a Tuono.
Now I just need a couple less teeth for traffic(the bike that is).

LB1
03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
DJ, those pics from your Slovenia via the Nurburgring and the Alps trip were awesome...I also read your recap from your trip...Damm, now that was a trip. Sounds like you need an Iron Butt Award! The Alps are just spectacular. Being a cycling fan and cycle myself, I watch the Tour De France each year and envision how cool it would be to ride those roads with a group of friends on bikes. You're a lucky man DJ! Trips like that...or any ride for that matter, enables us to sit back, smile...and say life is good.

The Dr.Jon
03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Cheers LB1. The Alps are the place of worship where we pay homage to the creators of the Tuono.:worship: You may have seen this:http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70612&highlight=Alps :burnout:

LB1
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I had not seen that Thread...that sounds like it would be fun. I have a 5 day trip scheduled mid-June...the Colorado 500 Charity Ivitational Motorcycle Road Ride. A ride through the Colo mountains with about 150 other riders. But, if I happen to win the Lotto, I'll take you up on your ride!

The Dr.Jon
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Looks like a good place to love your Tuono.http://www.colorado500.org/news/ohv_use.htm :lover:

LB1
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
It is...they do two big rides a year...one off-road and one road ride.
My Dad has been on my butt for the past 4 years to go with him...he just bought last month a new '05 Tuono...that right there is up there with Mosses parting the Red Sea...other than Triumphs in the early days, he's been a Yamaha, Honda guy and couldn't tell him otherwise...so I said yes.

vito
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Cheers LB1. The Alps are the place of worship where we pay homage to the creators of the Tuono.:worship: You may have seen this:http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70612&highlight=Alps :burnout:
i lugged a bmw 1150rt through the alps and dolomites and it was a great trip. :D would have been better on a tuono, though.:burnout: