PDA

View Full Version : Krd?

ElCaminoBandito
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
I was curious if any one has the KRD setup on there bike. They make an 80cc street kit amongst other parts.

ElCaminoBandito
03-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Here is a link to where they have krd parts http://aprilia-online.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RS50

rs1banger
03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
I've never even heard of them.
but they're mega cheap, only 85 notes for an exhaust

http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Aprillia_RS50_Giannelli_and_Kundo_Exhaust1.html

Woodinator
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
KRD it Kundo Racing Developments, there generally a cheap make that not many people reccomend.
Do a search on the forum for kundo and you should find a thread that discussed whether it was a decent make or not.

twinturba
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I have run both cylinders (50cc & 80 really 70cc). The 70cc cylinder w/open krd pipe and KRD race crank on my bike was quicker than my friends bike with a TP75 w/jollymoto pipe and TP crank down the straights on the track.

The 50cc seized on me during the testing/tuning/break-in phase but had seat of the pants feel equal to my Tp72 equipped bike.

The Krd race crank is a thing of beauty with beefier rod and thicker shafts requiring larger bearing assemblies for extended High Rpm Use.

The ignition is completely made up of PVL igntion components which is probly the best you can get for the track here in the US.

The Krd pipes are very high RPM pipes, I have used both the Hacker and Open. I have taken my engine to 16,200 rpm with power on the open pipe. The hacker pipe has a similar rpm powerband as the jollymoto.

The reed cage assembly is bettered only by the v-force.

The only problem I have is getting replacement parts (pistons, reeds, etc.) here in the U.S., anyone on the other side of the pond wanna help me out?:bangwall:

My opinion is the Krd race crank is worthy, the pipes are ok but only for racing, the 70cc cylinder is a lighter alternative to the TP75, the ignition is the best but only for racing, the reed cage is great for the street or track.