PDA

View Full Version : New member, RS50 product question

vfracer-r
03-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Howdy, I have a product question and the "search" function is not working for some reason.

I am racing an RS50 with 2 friends in the CMRA (my first time on a "mini" from big bike endurance) and we had an incident at Cresson on Friday. Someone backed in to our freshly painted RS breaking the front fender and damaging the upper fairing.

My question is, are there any aftermarket fiberglass race body kits? I have had no luck searching the web so far, and thought this may be the place for the good info!

We need an upper fairing, fender, and I think that's it so far.

We ended up 9th in class yesterday in the endurance ("3X Racing" on CMRAracing.com when results are posted).

Any help is appreciated and I'll continue to search the classifieds here for anything.

Thanks!

-Tom

fast_tzr
03-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Try the rs50 section. I think af1 do race fairings, not sure though.

onone.
03-26-2006, 01:03 PM
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1167

Micah / AF1 Racing
03-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I actually have an extra unpainted race fender for the front. What mods have been done to your bike? Who was the previous owner? Our RS50/75cc will be back out later this year aloing with my new Honda RS85 when I am finished building it...it is going to be BAD!!!

vfracer-r
03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I actually have an extra unpainted race fender for the front. What mods have been done to your bike? Who was the previous owner? Our RS50/75cc will be back out later this year aloing with my new Honda RS85 when I am finished building it...it is going to be BAD!!!

I think you guys have been doing all the wrenching on it, or most of it.

It is still Jerrel Dawkins' bike, used to be Tim Miller's I think. We did F6 this past weekend and did OK, but before the race, a jackhole backed in to it while Jerrel was screaming at him to stop... I just got done painting it and he saw it for the first time on Thursday!

Anyway, I'm sure we'll need the fender! It was crushed! We could really use a upper fairing too- prefferably a race upper in fiberglass. The plan is to get the guy's insurance to pay for the repairs...

MarcV
03-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Our RS50/75cc will be back out later this year aloing with my new Honda RS85 when I am finished building it...it is going to be BAD!!!

So are you looking for a few good men to help with an endurance effort? :worship:

Micah / AF1 Racing
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Always...always. Maybe with two bikes on the track one will finish!

MarcV
03-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Cool, thanks!