PDA

View Full Version : Wrong forum but......

Gunny
03-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Sorry guys I know this aint the place but its where I post most so........

I'm ordering some akro pipes from AF1 racing tomorrow morning, need delivery to the UK, i've sorted out a price including delivery but now someone is telling me that I might have to pay import tax, is this correct?, value of order will be $824.

Was going to e-mail af1 direct but its sunday and I thought this would be quicker.

Thanks.

FredE
03-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Gunny, I've only been on the import end here in the US.............and had to pay import duties on a bellypan from ExtremeGraphics in Canada. US Customs sent a seperate invoice based on the insured value of the item - I just paid up. If your Customs guys are paying attention (and most are these days), you'll most likely wind up paying.

Gunny
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the reply buddy.

cds10
03-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the reply buddy.

Gunny

Ordered some leather suits from the US last year and got stung for an additional 15% import tax!!!!

They way it works is, they will either contact you by phone or bring a bill on delivery depending upon the value. You can get away with it though if you can get the shop/dealer to post your goods and label them as a 'gift', this then avoids the import tax.

VERY IMPORTANT - Make sure the shop sends your invoice/receipt seperately.

Good luck.

Ed / AF1 Racing
03-27-2006, 10:46 AM
The "gift" trick does not always work. When we ship International, we have to insure for full value, and we use our business name on the package.

How companies do you know that send out $1000 "gifts" to people?

JP_TUONO
03-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Fortunately Ive never got import taxes when ordering from the US and I have oredered some expensive stuff mostly from AF1 always labelled as a "gift" or merchandising"I think it must be a country depending issue :confused:

Gunny
03-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys, if its 15% I may have to have a re-think.

AF1 was a hell of a lot cheaper than UK prices but the 15% sort of takes the shine off it !

F***ing tax- robbing twats :bangwall: