PDA

View Full Version : ANZAC Alpine ride (Australia, Victoria)

Q-Dogg
03-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Guys, having an overnight ride on the 23rd and 24th of April.
The plan is to head from Bairnsdale, then hook up through the high country via Bruthen, and Omeo. Reach the Hotham summit for some lunch before snaking our way across the top and down the otherside through tawonga gap then out to the pub at Corryong.

Come back the next day, final route still undecided.

Need to know numbers by the 2nd April to book accomodation. From memory, its about 20-30 bucks to stay at the pub. You get a good bed, shower and undercover parking.

Once numbers are finalised, (3 Tuono's so far), we'll sort out the other details. At this stage it's looking like Traralgon will be the meeting place--subject to change!!

Quinton
:cheers:

Errol
03-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Wish I lived in Vic for part of the year , you guys have :worship: top roads. Usually do this run each year for MotoGP but looks out of the question this year with AGP:aussie: 4 weeks earlier & Mt Hotham impassable.

Have a top ride :cheers:

:ban:

Q-Dogg
03-31-2006, 04:16 AM
You're right on there errol mate!

I've lived all over this magnificent country, and the alpine region really is up there with the best of them when it comes to two wheels. Two years ago i did the same trip, but carried on through to Mt. Koscuiosko, to Thredbo, Jindabyne, Cooma and onto to Canberra. Came back down the coast. Was the most memorable, (and pleasurable) experience i've had on a bike--highly recomended!:cool:

And i'm with you about the early GP. That's gonna cause quite a few headaches for the people up north!

I'll be sure to post up a report...

OZSLR
04-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Remember that Convo we had about "options" when riding over Hotham this time of year, here's a pic of the peak taken yesterday morning :-).

Q-Dogg
04-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Aaaahhh...yeah...

Good point.
But where's your sense of adventure? Didn't lose it when you downloaded your last ducati brochure???
:rolleyes:

(mental note: must update wet weather gear)

OZSLR
04-07-2006, 04:34 AM
What's a Ducati ?????? :eek:

Q-Dogg
04-09-2006, 04:02 AM
See pic!
They're quite innovative in their quest for "power"...