PDA

View Full Version : washer removal

sr50_rider
08-13-2003, 04:25 PM
hi can somebody pleasde tell me where the washer restrictor on the sr50 ditech actually is as i have been trying to find it for a while ( maybe some pics of anyone is feeling very helpfull ) lol
thanx

sr50_rider
08-16-2003, 05:25 AM
can someone please jus tell me where the washer is and how to remove it

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-19-2003, 09:34 AM
You may or may not even have a restricted ditech. What is your top speed? If the answer is less than about 40 indicated mph then you may indeed have a variator shim that needs to be removed. It is gold in color and about 2mm thick. You remove the variator cover and then the front pully with an impact gun....if you dissasemble it from there you will find the gold washer...just take it out and reassemble. When tightening the front variator nut do not use the full torque setting on an impact gun...it will ruin the nut and possibly the crank.

sr50_rider
08-19-2003, 11:22 AM
i am only hitting 35 mph downhuill so it cant be derestricted and i have had another look and i still cant find a washer so could you please send me a pic of this washers location

sr50_rider
08-19-2003, 11:24 AM
and also as you are an expert on the subject tell me what restrictors are in place on the sr50 ditech