PDA

View Full Version : '06 Tuono Factory?

SandVick
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Guys,

I'm a new forum member, but not new to the heavenly world of Aprilias. Currently working on my third RSV-R/Factory.

I have for quite some time realized that I would be better off with a naked bike than a crotch rocket, and I think this might be the right year to make the move. But beeing a retired racer, I won't stop doing frequent track days. So I am looking for something that will cover both my everyday needs, some touring, and won't let me down on the track.

Obviously, a Tuono R Factory would be my #1 choice. Will they make one this year, or do I have to look at Ducati, Agusta or Benelli to get what I want?

Any insight you might have is greatly appreciated!

T06
03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
The way I understand it the Factory has to be ordered. But saying that you can always convert the R to a Factory.Clarkie49 would know a lot more about it than I would & also the guys from AF1 as they're Aprilia dealers.

Themib
03-21-2006, 06:00 AM
The way I understand it the Factory has to be ordered. But saying that you can always convert the R to a Factory.Clarkie49 would know a lot more about it than I would & also the guys from AF1 as they're Aprilia dealers.

The brochure over in uk has various extra options, Ohlins, front, rear, oz wheels, carbon etc.

Not sure wether these can be assembled at the factory, I didnt ask the dealer yet.

pizzadude
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Sandvick,

I talked to the reps at the cycle show several months back and asked him about a Factory model Tuono. He said it wasn't even on the radar. From what he said the sales volume just wasn't there for the Tuono with the extra cool parts.

I'll be curious what the sales reports are for 2006 since the standard RSV is now offered with Ohlins front. Will be hard to justify the extra $$ for the Factory model to get ohlins shock, OZ, and carbon goodies.

Anyway, that's what I heard...maybe somebody heard different. can't always trust the factory reps...he looked a bit squidly to me anyway.

:cheers:

SandVick
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll be curious what the sales reports are for 2006 since the standard RSV is now offered with Ohlins front. Will be hard to justify the extra $$ for the Factory model to get ohlins shock, OZ, and carbon goodies.
:cheers:

The price for the RSVR has been raised a bit over here, so the difference is less than it used to be. But I agree with you, with Íhlins front and "OZ-lookalike" wheels, it is hard to tell the difference between the RSVR and the Factory, and harder to justify the price difference. It used to be a bargain, not quite so anymore.

That's probably why they offer the Factory in an (quite stunning) exclusive black/gold color scheme. A shame they didn't have exclusive colors for the '04/'05 Factory, like in the old RSV/RSVR days. Damn, do I have to trade mine in for a '06 Factory instead? ;)

Thanks for the info.

TUONOAPE
03-23-2006, 06:41 AM
As I see it, the only really significant advantage of a Factory model would be Ohlins suspension, and you can get that aftermarket for both the rear and front for not a lot of $$$ (or you can just replace the rear with the Ohlins unit and update the std front with a set of Ohlins valves etc for even less) As for the other stuff, I'd be doing the flywheel mod before I'd fork out huge $$$$ for the Oz wheels, and the bit of carbon fibre doesn't rate at all IMO.
If you're tossing up between the other brands, have a read of the UK shootout (already voted Tuono best overall), then add the good suspension to the Tuono and it's not hard to work out how far ahead it would be over all the others.

T06
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Well put there T'ape:plus: :plus: :plus:

dghboy
04-02-2006, 09:42 AM
:burnout: 05 factory limited production now most desired get them while they last there wont be a factory model for 06 however you may get the upgrdes as accessories