PDA

View Full Version : Tuono 06 Crash Protectors

Gunny
03-17-2006, 04:10 AM
Hi all, great site. :)

Just took delivery of my 06 tuono and was wondering if anyone had got any crash protectors fitted yet (the original aprilia type), if so what do they look like?? and what sort of price were they?

Typical- I take two days off work to run in my new bike and it rains and snows for two days!! :bangwall: , bike is just sat in garage with 2 miles on the clock!- how pissed am I ?

Just traded my busa in for the tuono - tell me i've made a good move.......

Thanks guys.

By the way, the tuono looks awesome, hope it rides aswell as it looks!!

Beau1K
03-17-2006, 04:49 AM

Thanks guys.

OMG! are you in for a treat...prepare for cheek pain as you will be constantly grinning.

The Tuono is the best bike ever...if you want to go 200 MPH you made a bad choice. If you want to experience constant enjoyment from a motorcycle you choose wisely.

Greg Classon
03-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Got my Tuono last saturday and ordered it with higher screen and crash bungs. I thought I was weedy as I have managed 83 miles on mine this week.
The Crash bungs cost me 70 but are on back order so have not been fitted yet (they have promised them for the first service). The higher screen still looks really low (I had to compare it with the original to check that it really was fitted!). It is surprisingly effective though as I had to go miles to find a dealer with a bike to sell (and a demo bike to try out) so have only ridden back home on it so far. Let's hope for some good weather this weekend!

Cheers

Greg

TuonoBen
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
What's the colour of the Tuono ?

Befbever
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hijack but my dealer just got word from Moto Tricolore that the Tuono's are coming in week 12. That's next week!
He'll give me a call when he has it so I can break it in for him. I'll post a piccie here when I have it.

That means you should have yours by next week as well. :D

TuonoBen
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi,
just heard the same thing from my dealer but knowing the history of delivery i prefer to wait and see.
But anyway, i prefer to hear some good news instead of bad news....and i really hope that it finally happenes after 5 months waiting.
I already have the Akrapovics for the bike.

p.s. At 01/04 and 02/04 it's open house at www.motoservicemike.be and we hope we can show the bike there.

Thanks for the news BefBever.
TuonoBen

Gunny
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks for that greg- will order a set next week, do you think the higher screen works?, have you ridden with the small screen?- rode 160 miles today and noticed the standard screen does nothing apart from look good?, whats your opinion?

As an update for you potential 06 owners:

Rode 160 miles virtually non stop today- stopped once for fuel, what a bike!

Traded a busa for the tuono and up to now am enjoying it, yes it has not got the outright power of the busa but its a totally different beast altogether- loads of low down torque, very comfortable- "but seat could do to be a bit better". After a ride like that on the busa I would be hurting bad! -no problems at all on the tuono- great.

Although i'm running the bike in, I can already see theres fun to come, what did suprise me is how easy it was to ride- this thing loves corners- sooo easy- just tip it in and your there- no fighting with it like the busa.

The only reason I came home was the bloody cold- its 2 was degrees today, hands were freezing- could have rode all day :) :) ,magic!!

Role on tomorrow!!

Befbever
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I already have the Akrapovics for the bike.

Well at least you're one of the few who spells the name correctly! :cheers:

Greg Classon
03-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Only rode demo bike with small screen and the type of riding I did then I cant really confirm that the taller screen is that much better than the smaller screen but it is not too bad (i did have to look closely to see if they had actually fitted it as it's only a couple of inches taller). I have had a look around on the web and nobody does anything for the bike yet so no taller aftermarket screens available. You may want to leave it a while as if someone else does a higher screen, I may be interested in a bigger screen still. I cant really be bothered to change the screen back to the original to confirm how much better it is sorry!

Cheers, Greg

PS Did another 100 miles today despite the freezing weather and loved it!

TUONOAPE
03-19-2006, 03:38 AM
this thing loves corners- sooo easy- just tip it in and your there-
They are awesome aren't they. Although I was a little disapointed with handling from stock, but spending some time setting up the bike for me made a MASSIVE difference. First I did front and rear static sag (as ususal for me with apes, the rear sagged too much, the front was spot on), then raised the forks to 3rd ring (this made big difference and I think has helped get some more weight over the front, which I'm still struggling with at the moment). Then went out for a ride over favourite route and did the rebound and compression settings to suit (again as usual for street use, the front compression was too hard, rear too soft). Anyway, after mucking around a bit, the difference is substantial, and if you love the way it's handling now, spend the time to set it up for you and you will be richly rewarded :) :) :burnout:

chrisscaines
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
no one mentioned which crash protectors are THE ones to get.

XtremeBiker
04-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Here you've 2 different types from GSG-Moko (Germany): http://www.gsg-moto.de/84-97sturzpads/sp-aprilia/sp-aprilia.htm

The ones for the RSV1000-RR (both) will fit on the Tuono.

FredE
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I've gone with Rhino Moto axle sliders (F & R), and rear-frame shin mount bungs from Motivation.........all from AF1. While I was at it I also dressed up the cockpit a little........blue anodized pre-load adjusters & clutch/brake resevoir caps, also from AF1. They compliment the blue "Faux Ozzies" nicely, and - by the way, thanks for the quick service, guys.

flux 1000
04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
i have a set motovation rear frame sliders , i got from af1 for my 07 tuono,
but dont like the way thay look on the bike and are looking to sell them...
payed 70 bucks for them if anybody wants them,$60.... you pay shipping
:cheers:

falcostan
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi all, great site. :)

Just took delivery of my 06 tuono and was wondering if anyone had got any crash protectors fitted yet (the original aprilia type), if so what do they look like?? and what sort of price were they?

Typical- I take two days off work to run in my new bike and it rains and snows for two days!! :bangwall: , bike is just sat in garage with 2 miles on the clock!- how pissed am I ?

Thanks guys.

hi, traded in my beast of a falco last year for a guzzi breva 1100, mistake ! hoping to get a nice shite n briny red tuono soon, let you know what i think when i get it, all indications are good so far.