PDA

View Full Version : Who's waiting on parts?

Jason
03-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Bike has been down for about 4 months now. Still waiting on parts ( Sprag Clutch Repacement) I live in Fl, the weather is nice, I went to daytona with no bike! This is KILLING ME! I WANT TO RIDE.:mad:

moss2481
03-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I have been down since July-eight friggin months.

Yetidave
03-16-2006, 07:27 PM
What kind of parts are you guys waiting on?

WingFut
03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
AF1 got my 'sop' rear axle nut (Fut) in two weeks, have you talked to them? They CARE!, unlike some I have had contact with. And they have a very efficent 'sop' order system w/regular e-mail updates. I was very impressed w/their efficent and professional service.

Yetidave
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
AF1 got my 'sop' rear axle nut (Fut) in two weeks, have you talked to them? They CARE!, unlike some I have had contact with. And they have a very efficent 'sop' order system w/regular e-mail updates. I was very impressed w/their efficent and professional service.

Yup, AF1 pretty much rocks. That's why I've spent thousands of dollars with them over the last 12 months.

Jason
03-16-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm waiting on the sprag clutch housing

Silver-Bolt
03-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Not a critical part by any stretch but been waiting on a carbon cowl since August. Of course the shop hit my card for the $100 deposite at the same time.

Yetidave
03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Not a critical part by any stretch but been waiting on a carbon cowl since August. Of course the shop hit my card for the $100 deposite at the same time.

That sucks. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Don't charge the card until you ship the part. Why the hell do they need a deposit on a carbon cowl? Are they afraid they wont be able to sell it if you dont take it? :rolleyes:

futuraMac
04-14-2006, 05:45 PM
That sucks. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Don't charge the card until you ship the part. Why the hell do they need a deposit on a carbon cowl? Are they afraid they wont be able to sell it if you dont take it? :rolleyes:
The shops around here want to charge your card 100% when you order, then who knows when you'll get it.:WTF: It's takes me 9 months.

Crazy Horse
04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Guys, here is a thought.... if you are having problems getting OEM parts then look to after market.

futuraMac
04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Guys, here is a thought.... if you are having problems getting OEM parts then look to after market.
Well, yeah, whatever I can that's anywhere I will use, but when you have to have an Aprilia specific part, and none of the dealers that you call, e-mail or whatever have the part or are non-responsive, you are screwed, blued, and tatooed......know what I mean.
You do make a good point that, i.e. not that I disagree in anyway, it's just the lack of support from corporate, and some really sh@#@y dealers that force the waits when you exhausted all other means.:peace:

Jiggla
04-15-2006, 11:48 PM
A part (clutch res & union) was suppose to be a warranty item came in. 1 1/2 years later, I was never notified & then charged. It was not much money. The principle of the issues pissed me off:bond:

racerxgirl
04-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Hmm. maybe this answers one of my questions...
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81879

clarkie49
04-16-2006, 08:29 AM
A part (clutch res & union) was suppose to be a warranty item came in. 1 1/2 years later, I was never notified & then charged. It was not much money. The principle of the issues pissed me off:bond:

They charged you for a warranty part? :WTF:

comleader
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
I think what will help the dealer and parts situation is to let Aprilia know how you feel. I am appreciative that we have this forum to voice our concerns to each other and offer help with technical issues, but the only way a manufacturer is going to change is to hear from its customers, both current and potential.

Let'em know!

Burse
04-20-2006, 03:36 PM

That sooo bugs me too! Why do they do that?? Especially if it is goign to take them forever ...

uberchicken
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I brought mine in for a warranty service on my leaky oil tank over 8 months ago. I got one call confirming that Aprilia would warranty the part and I never heard from them again. I'm going to bring the bike to AF1 when I get to TX and let them take care of it. I've been buying everything I need from them from day one just about. Well, everything new.

Mike

Giovani Aprilia
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Com,
I don know if you saw my thread. I would have attached it here but I noticed this after the fact.
I had a humbling experience when I tried to call Aprilia USA customer service to "let them know how I feel."

I hate being a whiner but...:WTF:
See my thread titled Customer Service?

Regards,

GA

Steeltoe
04-24-2006, 06:29 PM
I bought a new ETV1000 last Nov, and ordered a variety of accessories.
Some came in about 2 months later (top box, center stand, and
a taller side stand). A fairing protection kit came, and
when I tried to install it, I discovered faulty machineing, and two bolts
that were way too short, preventing a successful install. I took it back
to the dealer for a refund.
After 5 months of waiting for the hard bags and heated grip kit to come, I finally gave up, and got the rest of my money back.
Too bad, because I love Aprilias(this is my third new one). Now I am rather discouraged about the whole situation. I wrote them an email two days ago, am still waiting for a reply. I wanted to do some touring this summer,
but without the hard bags, I don't think so.
My theory is, they owe their suppliers, and thus are probably being refused further credit towards more product.

bird
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Talked to Scott at Eurosports today. Made a list of everything I would need to repair it (all bolton stuff, no damage to the tranny). Said he couldn't order it today, Aprilia's computors were down. So we'll see how long this takes.

smrst45
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I have been waiting for parts since March 6. I got one part in.....wrong part so I sent it back. I knew I would have to wait for parts but I didn't realize I would have to leave them to my grandkids in a will.

bird
04-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Yea, but Hawaii?

futuraMac
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
I've waited up to 9 months for "special order" factory parts from some dealers here in the Bay Area. I ordered a upper left side panel for my Futura from Scuderia West, got the part in ONE WEEK....blew me away...Dan the service manager there seems to be one of the good guys.
Late

akjohn
05-08-2006, 09:24 AM
I just bought an 05 Tuono. The dealer told me the company is doing fine these days. I assumed the service/parts situation is fine also.

ChicagoFactory
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I have one of the early make 04 Factory's. I want to get my swingarm replaced, but I cannot get a response from Aprilia USA. I wrote 3 friendly emails to Mike Kull, with no responses.:bs: :mad:

I'm getting a little upset about it. I figured I'd wait until March to to ask for a replacement since they were moving, and let them get settled. Well, I guess I shouldn't have waited because it seems like most people have already had theirs done, and I can't get a response.:mad:

Steeltoe
05-08-2006, 05:12 PM
I also emailed Aprilia to voice my situation and my concerns.
No response, after at least two weeks. There is no excuse for that,
in my book.
If I treated my customers that way, I don't think I would have any left.
My next bike will be from a manufacturer who actually cares
about customer support and parts availibility.
At this point it feels like it was a big mistake to buy my (third) Aprilia.

Infallible
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
I have one of the early make 04 Factory's. I want to get my swingarm replaced, but I cannot get a response from Aprilia USA. I wrote 3 friendly emails to Mike Kull, with no responses.:bs: :mad:

I'm getting a little upset about it. I figured I'd wait until March to to ask for a replacement since they were moving, and let them get settled. Well, I guess I shouldn't have waited because it seems like most people have already had theirs done, and I can't get a response.:mad:

Whats wrong with your swing arm?

I'm still waiting on my calender if its any consulation.

ChicagoFactory
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Whats wrong with your swing arm?

I have an early 04 model and the swingarms are supposed to be replaced because of some cracking issues. Mine is not cracked, but still needs to be replaced for safety reasons.

Capsil21
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
"Coil , Coil , My Kingdom for a coil . :crybaby:

QS

bird
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Started this process 4/28. Most of the parts where in and installed by 6/5 but.. the dealer ordered the wrong pannier, the middle fairing on the left side was broken in transit or on install, forgot to order the right middle fairing and the pegs and peg support are backordered. Pannier and fairings in and installed 6/15. pegs and support are still backordered