PDA

View Full Version : Question: Thottle body sync

Tuono Tex
08-12-2003, 08:53 AM
When doing a throttle body sync, how do get that friggin electrical connector unpluged ( the one under left side of the air box). What is the secret?

Bill in OKC
08-12-2003, 09:20 AM
If it is like the Mille, the whole thing just slides off. I just let it hang.

Tuono Tex
08-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Yep, it's the same as the mille. I did the same thing and just left the module and connector hanging. However, it was not seeing any vacuum. I use the vacuum ports on the left side of the throttle boddies for my vacuum source. This caused a very rough idle. I just synced best I could ---- but I think this connector needs to be unplugged to do it right.

I was not able to unplug it.

The proceedure says to unplug.

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-12-2003, 10:17 AM
I do them off the vauum ports on the right side.....the front cyl has a cap......the rear cyl has the clutch vacuum line on it, just remove it and attach your vacuum gauge

Bill in OKC
08-12-2003, 10:56 AM
That is how I do it also. The idle stays the same when the tool (I use one of those mercury tube things) is connected.

Scotteq
08-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ed / AF1 Racing
I do them off the vauum ports on the right side.....the front cyl has a cap......the rear cyl has the clutch vacuum line on it, just remove it and attach your vacuum gauge

BINGO!!!! Works like a charm!!!

Scott :)

BigGlen
08-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey! So, I can use my old carb synq tool?
AKA: Mercury Carb sticks.

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-12-2003, 02:27 PM
yep......merc sticks is what I use....

BigGlen
08-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Just hook it up like the TB synq tool and balance those suckers up? (Where's the actual adjustment made?)

Bill in OKC
08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Its those two big brass screws on the left side of the TBs. Quick & Dirty method: Seat them (lightly of course) and back out around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns and balance them from there. If your chip allows idle trim then do that and re-check the balance.

BigGlen
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
thanks!

Scotteq
08-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Glen - The motor runs smoother when you set it up so the front cylinder pulls a little stronger than the rear. Odd firing order, I guess.

Scott :)

SirMille
08-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Hey Don, it's real easy, there's a tab on top of that connecter just push it down and pull, also if your using mercury sticks you'll need to make adapters to fit those small vacume hoses. BTW that link that you mentioned gives 2 variations(I think) of TB sync, one for stock, one for a Falco modified with an FP chip. I have the FP chip,EVO air filter, Highmount slip-on and I did exactly as the article discribed and my"03" Mille runs great.

2pist
08-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Does Aprilia's titanium chip allow for Idle trim adjustment?

Tuono Tex
08-13-2003, 06:51 AM
SirMille:

Thanks. I figured that tab was the secret. But I couldn't get anything to budge. Sure didn't want to break the connector.

Adapter for monometer hoses: I used a short piece of the stock vacuum line. Slip the short piece of line over the nipple on the throttle body and then the hose fits nicely. I have replaced this small vacuum line with some "real" vacuum hose. That small line has already split on me. And I will tell you, the bike doesn't run for sh#t when a vacuum line drops off.

Don't know why Aprilia uses that thin wall tubing for vacuum line?????

Thanks, again.

SirMille
08-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Glad I could help