PDA

View Full Version : af1 shop updates (taken from cycle forums)

GixxerVixxen
03-13-2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3189231#post3189231

sorry, i'm just too damn lazy to copy and paste.

the shop looks amazing guys! congrats :)

NeoGeniX
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Must be logged in to see the pics..so af1 guys post some piccies here!

WingFut
03-15-2006, 07:16 PM
..pics are fair (too blurry to re-copy), but shop looks GREAT! and lot's o' room for parts and bikes and such. Warehouse looks big enough to hold short track races in. Best of luck guy's.
Ps:should add that with my new 'Hi-Tech' (ahem!) dial up that several pics have been affected by the "accelerator" feature, not all, but some.

JoshuaTree
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
The shop looks great! If you visited early on, you wouldn't recognize the place now. The task was truly Herculean, but the guys were clearly up to the task. I can't wait to see the progress in the next two to four weeks! The uber-retail-bling will be set up by then.... :D

flyinlow
03-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey, I see a couple of Vettes in the garage! Anyone else own a Vette? I have a 2005 coupe and am planning on buying a 2006 Tuono. I also have a 2006 FJR on order.

Ed / AF1 Racing
03-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey, I see a couple of Vettes in the garage! Anyone else own a Vette? I have a 2005 coupe and am planning on buying a 2006 Tuono. I also have a 2006 FJR on order.

I have the 04, Steve has the 99......great cars.....love the V8 torque.

WingFut
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
..over 40 years a '56,'58,'65,'68,'70,'78,'92, and this bright blue '94 6speed. only the '78 was an auto, the '56 a three speed. The 'BlackBox' is in keeping with my theory of now driving my IRA as it depreciates much slower this way.. and is way more fun! For Floridians, big doings this weekend w/as many as 700 Vette's predicted at the Citrus Corvette Club Fest in Homosassa on sat.

Brenda H.
03-16-2006, 11:41 PM
.. My wife calls it my 'therapy'.. but has always encouraged me to live for today.. needless to say she never hear's 'NO' from me, which explains how this Arizonan ended up in Florida.

Now why would a married man need a "babe magnet"?

3 bikes, a Vette, and unless I'm greatly mistaken, a Porsche. Like I've said before, the only difference between big boys and small ones are the price of their toys!!

BTW out of that lot, I'll take the Goldie should you ever decide to give it away. ;)

Micah / AF1 Racing
03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
The guys at all the other bike shops in the Central Texas area always say that they will "never be able to keep up with AF1's parking lot war".

Our lineup of cars is getting better every year, the two Vettes, the M3 and the NSX keep the 4 wheel thing interesting enough! I hope to add smething with a loud ass V12 in the next year...especially since 600SL and 850i are under $20,000 used now...gotta love luxury car depreciation!

GixxerVixxen
03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
The guys at all the other bike shops in the Central Texas area always say that they will "never be able to keep up with AF1's parking lot war".

Our lineup of cars is getting better every year, the two Vettes, the M3 and the NSX keep the 4 wheel thing interesting enough! I hope to add smething with a loud ass V12 in the next year...especially since 600SL and 850i are under $20,000 used now...gotta love luxury car depreciation!

so what do you think micah?
in summer of 07 there are a couple of cars i'm thinking about:

07 m6
or 07 z06 with the lingenfelter tt (that's 800hp for those concerned)

keep in mind i'll keep my m, but she'll be up there in miles.

futuraMac
04-15-2006, 08:32 AM

I'm down with the V-12 thang. Kinda have my eye out for an off lease CL65AMG

YEAH BABY....

late

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Megan...I would do the Vette. Without the twin turbos though. Just getting used to it as delivered from the "the General" would take some time for me. I get a huge kick out of driving Ed's or Steve's Vettes. That much torque just cracks me up....rolling along at say, 1,800rpm...give 1/2 throttle...listed and feel as traction control tries desperately to keep the tires from smoking up...hilarious. My little mid engine Honda has less power for sure...but at least the engine keeps the wieght where it was intended to be.

I might just find the time this weekend to go look at a 1994 600SL black/tan with both tops for $13,500 in Dallas this weekend. 389 bhp stock. Stock would not last too long.

The whole idea with the V12-Beater is this. Go nuts with it. Do stuff to it that seems quite wrong. Looking into the crystal ball I see...K&N dual pods, no MB logos, a set of glasspacks, black wheels and other sinister touches. The V12 should be loud, not stifled the way it is delivered from the Germans!

A basic set of custom headers, an open intake and tuning will net 450+ bhp at the rear tires.

Plus knowing someone spent $135,000 on it new and had to unload it perfectly good for a $120,000 loss is sort of car-sexy to me.

FredE
04-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I've been into 'Vettes myself, but the older NCRS-type cars. This is my last one, a '69 L46 350/350, M21 4-spd, original paint, interior, soft & hardtops. Bought it from the original owner's son..........with only 26K miles on it. I sold it last year......the collector's insurance limited it's usage too severely, and a regular policy came with stratospheric premiums.