PDA

View Full Version : Clarkie, where are you???

pbigoney
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
MAybe I missed it. But did Clarkie leave Seacoast???? Where oh where did you go????
I notice on the Seacoast site the referances to you and very lean.

Smoke Eater
03-09-2006, 12:29 PM
He moved out West. He still lurks around here though.

clarkie49
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
right now i am sitting on the couch waiting for the AMA Daytona races to start :D

I am moving to Colorado to work for a Suzuki/Yamaha/Aprilia dealership ( www.twinpeakspowersports.com ) starting April 4th, things change and for various reasons my future and Seacoast Sport Cycles' arent aligned. (I could go into more detail but choose not to ;))

Hopefully SSC will remove me from all their advertising and website, otherwise a cease and desist from my attorney may be in order... :burnout:

pbigoney
03-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, good luck to you. I know how things change in life. I now understand your positiive comment about Suzuki better.
Personally I would have like to seen you move to Texas with Mitch and boys. But maybe that is too many chiefs in the kitchen.
I do hope you are hooking up with good folks, progressive minds and wanting to do more than just push bikes out the door.
I guess your options for racing choices have greatly expanded. What you thinking on running now??

Smoke Eater
03-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Hmmmm....that doesn't sound like a very friendly departure. I hope things work out for both you and Seacoast. Maybe when Aprilia gets their act together again and the stress is off everyone then you and Jesse and tip back a couple and make up. :cheers:

clarkie49
03-09-2006, 02:42 PM
on the contrary Pete, the departure was fine, but it wouldnt be fair to my new employer if another shop is prospering from advertising me when i dont work there ;)

Jet City Racer
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
right now i am sitting on the couch waiting for the AMA Daytona races to start :D

You aren't the only one. ;)

After just watching Elleby highside, I'm glad I'm on the couch too. :p:

clarkie49
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I guess your options for racing choices have greatly expanded. What you thinking on running now??

it will be nice to race on some road courses rather than an oval, i have actually owned a GSXR1000 for quite a while now, built to AMA Superstock spec so i may even turn up to a couple of AMA races if time and money permits :burnout:

pbigoney
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh jeez whiz. Now I can see future Rob reports with Clarkie name and magic on GSXRs, R1s, Bussa's and a host of other things. Let's mull this for a minute.
A Clarkie V MAx with big bore for shear madness
What's that new V twin Yamahouche thingy??? Be a fun project if you could grey market one in.
R1's gone Kiwi !!!!! Down under everything.....
Wow, I see possabilities and aftermarket potential.....
Okay, now the million dollar question. Who got the Aprilia big bore pistons in the settlement????? Darn divorce is always messy for the kids.

clarkie49
03-09-2006, 03:56 PM
that is the million dollar question isnt it :)

frosty115
03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey Clarkie, my name is Caleb. I live in Atlanta. I'm doing a trackday next week at Barber and I am moving up into the Advanced Class. With your past experience, Can you give me some insight on what to expect. I have done many trackdays on my 03 MIlle, Just wanted your comments. Thanks Caleb(frosty115)R.:peace:

clarkie49
03-09-2006, 04:45 PM
you will probably have a lot more fun in the expert class, the fast guys will come past you fast rather than stay beside you like a lot of the intermediate riders do. you will learn a lot more by watching the faster riders lines as well ;)

Above all stay upright and enjoy the hell out of it!:burnout:

frosty115
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM
:worship: Hey man thanks for the insight. Hopefully not to many of them will pass me. Talk to you soon Clarkie, Good luck on the new dealer change and the new racing season.:peace:

Jony2Stones
03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Okay, now the million dollar question. Who got the Aprilia big bore pistons in the settlement????? Darn divorce is always messy for the kids.

Well it isn't on SSC's website any-longer......:confused:

I'll have to stop by, as I'll be driving through CO on or around April 4th....

Smoke Eater
03-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm glad things didn't get ugly with the break up. I'm actually heading to Seacoast tomorrow to buy a new brain bucket.