PDA

View Full Version : Got Me Bloody Tuono Today WOOHOO!!

desmoface
08-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey you crazy kids you...I originally went to me local priller dealership to look at 03 mille's he's selling for $10,800...But, they didn't have the black one that I was looking for..Anyway, not really being attracted to the looks of the tuono, I nonetheless took the demo for a spin..

HOLY SHIT!!! This thing is a blast..the riding position felt a little strange at first as I'm used to sportbikes...but It was comfortable and the thing makes really nice power..front end comes up real easy...anyway, it had the racing can and it was loud...

So, the fun I had on it outweighed my hesitation on the styling...I traded me honder 929 in on her...And that wasn't easy to do..the Honda is a killer bike...if a little bland....but the honda was really a great bike...Hopefully I won't regret my decision in a few weeks once I really have some seat time on the tuono...

So, a grey tuono with priller racing can/chip is sitting in the garage..I paid $10,400 for the bike plus the can/chip was about $650..Seems like a decent price for the bike and didn't seem too bad for the can..(I hope)..Anyway..hopefully this will be a painless experience as I plan on having all the maintenance performed by the dealer except for an oil change here and there...I can't wait to put some miles on the beast...

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

kirkmoon
08-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Congrats. I just gets better! I traded in a Mille R for the Tuono a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I have ugraded the suspension to Ohlins, which I think is a nice but not absolutely necessary option (less harsh but just as precise). I changed the gearing, lowering it a bit to 15/42 (highly recommended), and I did the usual chip and Akro can. I can't think of anything else to do to make it better. The styling wil grow on you as you totally eat up the performance it dishes out. Have fun!

Kirk

desmoface
08-10-2003, 04:37 AM
Thanks Kirk...seems I read about someone saying their bike needed throttle bodies balanced and o2 set..mine seems to run like a top..I told them to De-Restrict it but Im sure all they did was the pipe/chip deal..Anyway, she sits in me garage on the battery tender waiting hehe..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

kirkmoon
08-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Derestriction means:

New chip
New can (or remove the baffle in the stock can)
Pull the restrictor plate in the airbox

Sounds like you've got those covered.

I didn't have my throttle bodies or O2 sensor adjusted on my bike and things seem fine to me.

Kirk

Pimmie
08-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by kirkmoon
Congrats. I just gets better! I traded in a Mille R for the Tuono a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I have ugraded the suspension to Ohlins, which I think is a nice but not absolutely necessary option (less harsh but just as precise). I changed the gearing, lowering it a bit to 15/42 (highly recommended), and I did the usual chip and Akro can. I can't think of anything else to do to make it better. The styling wil grow on you as you totally eat up the performance it dishes out. Have fun!

Kirk

Didn't I see you on the eSportbike forum? :p
Congrats, I'm hoping to get my Tuono next saturday!

desmoface
08-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Pimmie

Hi Pimmie, I do also post there...I just want the entire world to be friends and rejoice over my beautiful tuono...with priller racing can...hehe

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

P.S. Snuck out for a quick ride (told the wife I had to run to the office hehe) and this thing is fun..I do believe this is quite possibly the funnest bike I've owned...YEEHAWW!! But..tis a tad bit on the loud side...

Pimmie
08-11-2003, 01:14 AM

When I posted on eSport that I'm getting a Tuono someone pointed this forum and I checked it out, got some good advice in the few days I've been a member.

Can't wait to get my Tuono, bone stock for this year but next year the modss gonna start!:cool:

desmoface
08-11-2003, 09:49 AM
When I posted on eSport that I'm getting a Tuono someone pointed this forum and I checked it out, got some good advice in the few days I've been a member.

Can't wait to get my Tuono, bone stock for this year but next year the modss gonna start!:cool:

As far as mods...make sure you listen to the priller racing can before you buy it, it's loud..which is ok if you like that..I do but I would have preferred maybe just a tad bit quieter...Also, I didn't know it at the time I purchased mine, but the wsb akra dual setup is also available for the tuono (or so I have read) and I think that would probably look better than the single can...Good luck and have fun..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

Pimmie
08-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by desmoface
As far as mods...make sure you listen to the priller racing can before you buy it, it's loud..which is ok if you like that..I do but I would have preferred maybe just a tad bit quieter...Also, I didn't know it at the time I purchased mine, but the wsb akra dual setup is also available for the tuono (or so I have read) and I think that would probably look better than the single can...Good luck and have fun..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

Which exhaust do you have? The Evo titanium?

desmoface
08-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Which exhaust do you have? The Evo titanium?

I guess thats what they call it, the factory aprilia race can..she barks awful hard..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

scottywadly
08-11-2003, 01:21 PM
to me the Akro 2-2 is way too quiet, thinking of trying the arrows. my boss' Tuono Racing has the Titanium can- love the sound, but want the look of the 2 into 2! My grey Tuono is bone stock with 1200 miles-great fun, but I NEED the THUNDER! and the extra power won't hurt, of course:D

desmoface
08-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by scottywadly
to me the Akro 2-2 is way too quiet, thinking of trying the arrows. my boss' Tuono Racing has the Titanium can- love the sound, but want the look of the 2 into 2! My grey Tuono is bone stock with 1200 miles-great fun, but I NEED the THUNDER! and the extra power won't hurt, of course:D

I like the looks of that dual can setup ....never heard one play though..I will tell you that if loud is what you want you will be happy with the priller ti can that I have..that thing is loud..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

Pimmie
08-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Someone I know has the Akro 2 setup and it's not that loud, it looks good though but I wouldn't want it...
The Tuono, in my opinion, just needs one pipe on the side, which one I don't know yet...

Has anyone gone with another manufacturer than Akro or Aprilia?
I haven't seen it yet but I hope MIG (French company) makes one...

scottywadly
08-11-2003, 02:56 PM
I know Arrows has a couple different ones, but I haven't seen or heard 'em

kirkmoon
08-11-2003, 07:07 PM
I started out with the Aprilia racing can, which I found way too loud.

I swapped it out for the Akrapovic slip on, which I think is just about right.

YMMV.

Kirk