PDA

View Full Version : MD First Ride: Aprilia SXV and RXV 450/550

Suiryu
02-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Read it here. (http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10february06_sxvrxv.htm)

02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
So I have a question. The SXV pictured in the pics has all the street legal running gear, am I to assume that it is then street legal stock. And is this the version going on sale shortly for $8500 or so dollars? I want an SXV550 exactly as pictured in the article, when will it be available. Initially I was really dissapointed at the 3700 mile rebuilds, but every time I see it I think screw it, it could require 37 mile rebuilds and I'd still buy one. LOL

duc slayer
02-11-2006, 09:42 PM
181..... I believe even if they do have a head light and turn signals, they might not be road legal technicly speaking. I'm pretty sure that they have to go through the homogaltion (sp) process( noise,polution,saftey) before they're nothing more then a plateable toy, and as it's been brought up before the ability to plate it will depend on your state's rules and/or the knowledge(or possibly just the mood) of which ever DMV worker you encounter on that given day until it has gone through said process :cheers:

Jony2Stones
02-11-2006, 10:08 PM
The ride is question was done on a cart-track in Sicily so the bikes are probably Street-legal Euro models.

02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
181..... I believe even if they do have a head light and turn signals, they might not be road legal technicly speaking. I'm pretty sure that they have to go through the homogaltion (sp) process( noise,polution,saftey) before they're nothing more then a plateable toy, and as it's been brought up before the ability to plate it will depend on your state's rules and/or the knowledge(or possibly just the mood) of which ever DMV worker you encounter on that given day until it has gone through said process :cheers:

So what your thinking is that to speed up the process of making the bikes available Aprilia is forgoing the homogalation process, essentially selling "off road" bikes with road legal lights, turn signals and lisence plate bracketry. Therefore when you purchase one you will not recieve a lisence plate and will have to license the vehicle separatly. I'm not really concerned with getting a plate for it, hell here in Texas I've known a few guys that have gotten their CRF50's plated LOL. I just want to make sure I get a SXV550 with all the lights. Thanks for your help.

duc slayer
02-11-2006, 11:27 PM
yes that's what I'm trying to say. It is also very possible that the bike won't come with a light kit maybe just some wire connecter plug thingy's were either you buy the kit as a streetable aftermarket deal or even possibly it might be up to us to find headlights and turn signals and fit them ourselves, which I'm sure won't be that big of a deal someone on here will put something together. I believe rollin fast commented some time ago that they were working on a light kit. Now remember even if they don't come with lights it will only be the first few shipments or even into the 3rd quarter and then the later arrivals should be homogulated which would be full street ready title and all........I think :cheers:

clarkie49
02-12-2006, 08:04 AM
no turn signals in the US, and 'possibly' a headlight..... but you dont need turnsignals in the US to get a bike registered ;)

02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
no turn signals in the US, and 'possibly' a headlight..... but you dont need turnsignals in the US to get a bike registered ;)

So do you think the 3rd quarter bikes will have the head lamp, tail light and such. I'll will wait an extra 5-6 months if Aprilia will be sending homogalated bikes with all the street gear.

duc slayer
02-12-2006, 05:26 PM
?????????????????

clarkie49
02-12-2006, 08:54 PM
what did they have at the Cycle World shows? ;)