PDA

View Full Version : Transport Canada & Barrett Mktg Suck

mikeyyc
01-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Here is a listing of all Aprilia motorcycles approved for import into Canada for the 2006 model year.

That's right NONE!!! :WTF:

There will be no '06 Aprilias available of any way shape or form. The only bikes that can legally be imported are the RSV-R's and the Caponord. (and some scooters, but really who rides those :kidding: ) But they have to be either '03 or '04. What a crock of shite.

Government burecrats, and a crappy importer who doesn't push for approval. On the plus side, just makes mine that more rare.

Trivia time FWIW there are a grand total of 93 RSV-R's of all shapes in the entire country. Or so says the recall form submitted to the govt. for the swingarm recall.

No Tuono, no RSV/SXV, no new Mille. :crybaby: :crybaby: :nutts: :crybaby: :lame:

Mike

kirby323
01-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Mikeyyc;

I have been fumbling around trying to get some information on '06 Aprilias. I too am in Calgary and I was very disappointed in what was at the Calgary Motorcycle show this year, especially from Aprilia (but other manufacturers/dealers weren't much better). When I looked into it further, what I'm hearing is that Canadian Scooter Corp will soon become the new importer and this is supposed to become official around the first of March. Barrett has one more year, I'm told, on their deal so whether they will be bought out of their last year I'm not sure. If this is true, and CSC does become the importer, we may see new models coming in. How soon is difficult to say.

We'll have to see how it unfolds but anything has got to be better than the current situation.

Cheers,
Mark

mikeyyc
01-28-2006, 11:36 AM
The reason the Aprilia booth at the cycle show was so sad was that Barrett sent no one and no support. The booth was manned by Yves from Rev and a guy who owns an Aprilia. I have to give Rev full kudos for sticking by the brand, and you can tell that they are probably the most frustrated out of everyone.

I hope CSC gets everything going. I think out of almost all the booths the Vespa/Piaggio one was one of the best put together.

The only thing sadder than the Aprilia booth was the Moto Guzzi one.

'Ya think Blackfoot's given up on Guzzi?

Mike

RDBUL
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Contact George @ Vaughan Cycle. He is working something out to bring in the aprilias. Not sure how, he did not say.

kenbong
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
You guys are right about Canadian Scooter Corp (in Toronto, ON) taking over Canadian distribution of Aprilias. I called them the other day and spoke to someone - didn't get his name, but he did CONFIRM that they were taking over from Barrett. He didn't say in so many words, but I got the feeling that Barrett didn't do a whole lot of anything to further the brand in Canada.

Anyways, I'm anxiously waiting for the 2nd quarter of this year - hopefully by then, CSC will know if any new Aprilias are coming to Canada. I'm holding out for the new Pegaso 650 Strada.

As for George at Vaughan Cycle, he isn't bringing them in any other way than through Canadian Scooter Corp so he's at the mercy of them and Transport Canada as well.

mikeyyc
01-31-2006, 11:01 AM
The demise of Barrett couldn't come soon enough. (they did manage to keep most parts around though)

thrillaprilla
01-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Is it possible that motorcycles sold in Canada must have rear brakes?

mikeyyc
01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Naw we don't care about stuff like that. It's important things like appropriate distance between turn signals, lighting, and the like that are REALLY important. :WTF:

Mike