PDA

View Full Version : New Atlanta dealer?

Ty
01-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Now that MotoBritalia has gone caput, I hear another may be taking its place. Anyone know when and where?

I finally got myself mostly moved to ATL from Portland, OR and need to go meet my dealer. :)

hank
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Now that MotoBritalia has gone caput, I hear another may be taking its place. Anyone know when and where?

I finally got myself mostly moved to ATL from Portland, OR and need to go meet my dealer. :)

Not a dealer but they have a good tech and are really nice people - DucShop!

clint64
01-24-2006, 10:09 AM

Never used them but have heard many good things about them. I take care of the regular stuff myself and use Touring Sport in Greenville SC for dealer related things. HTH

Clint

FalcoPilot
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM

Ducshop is definitely the way to go for service. Lorin is a cert'd Aprilia tech and I have nothing but praise for those guys and girl, (Wendy).

Ty, aren't you a Falco owner? If so , that would get you a membership in the UMAFA, now that you live here.

hank
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Never used them but have heard many good things about them. I take care of the regular stuff myself and use Touring Sport in Greenville SC for dealer related things. HTH

Clint

You can't go wrong with Frank & the crew at Touring Sport - one of the best there is!

SDS
01-24-2006, 01:00 PM
+1 on DucShop. Mark is a great guy. If I can't do it myself, it'll be Mark doing the work

Carbon Can Kat
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
There is something in the works for an Aprilia dealer in the Atlanta area. I have some knowledge of what is "supposed" to take place. I am not at liberty to say what I know as stuff is still being finalized. Look for an established shop to be involved in the mix.

frosty115
01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
:devil: Hey guys just wanted to throw some info about the closing of Moto-Britalia, and what is to come. I did a track day back in November at jennings. Well it was the whole weekend. Anyways i ran into all the guys that used to work at and own moto britalia. Drew the guy that sold me my 03 Mille, son of the owner told me they were getting out of the business all together. Did not really give a reason.......kinda shaddy, but he did tell me that there were buyers waiting in the wings. And they were going to keep selling Aprilia, Ducati, Triumph, and were even going to bring back Moto Guzzi. Drew informed me that he was not sure if the new owners would stay in Alpharetta Ga, because the cost was so high. So like the rest of ya'll in Ga I am also waiting. But the Duc shop, and touring sport in nc or sc (can't remeber) are both excellent alternatives. Hope all this info helps. Caleb (frosty115) R.:peace:

zvez
01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Lorin at the Duc Shop, used to work on all my bikes at Performance Powersports, one of the best!!
Chris

naimchase
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I spoke with Drew last week, and another party who is likely involved. Something will be announced soon.

FalcoPilot
01-25-2006, 06:58 AM
There is something in the works for an Aprilia dealer in the Atlanta area. I have some knowledge of what is "supposed" to take place. I am not at liberty to say what I know as stuff is still being finalized. Look for an established shop to be involved in the mix.

CCK, you tease!!!!!!

Ty
01-25-2006, 03:52 PM

Hey thanks for the tip! I did know about the DucShop and will very likely use their services from time to time. I do like to get to know and support my local dealer too. Hopefully we will get a permanent one here soon.

Ty
01-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Ty, aren't you a Falco owner? If so , that would get you a membership in the UMAFA, now that you live here.

I was. :cheers:

After four years of ownership, I sold it and got an '04 Factory. I would like to meet up with you guys some time if I can get the chance. :)

Litre1
01-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey Ty! Welcome to the (disappearing daily) country! I moved to Cumming in 2000 and watched the traffic nearly double each year. I live near 400 and hwy. 20 and I commute to Haynes Br. Rd. every day. Let me know if you want to get together for a drink sometime. I know there are a lot of sportbikers that hand out at Loco's at Haynes Br. Rd. and Old Milton one night a week (Monday I think). I haven't been able to meet up with them yet, but you can find some of them on the GA Sportbike Forum here:

http://209.82.178.148/forums/

If you ever see this guy out and about, stop me and introduce yourself...

http://home.earthlink.net/~litre1

tuonobullitt
01-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah I talked to Drew about two weeks ago too and they were working on transfering ownership then. I think they're going to carry Suzuki too, maybe I'm crazy though. Anyways, I went to the DucShop last week and they were really nice people and really knew they're stuff. They'll be doing any work I need done....especially since I work about 3 miles from them.

FalcoPilot
01-25-2006, 08:32 PM
They'll be doing any work I need done....especially since I work about 3 miles from them.

Where? I'm about two miles away myself, Church St Ext. across from Cobb EMC.

Ty
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey Ty! Welcome to the (disappearing daily) country! I moved to Cumming in 2000 and watched the traffic nearly double each year. I live near 400 and hwy. 20 and I commute to Haynes Br. Rd. every day. Let me know if you want to get together for a drink sometime. I know there are a lot of sportbikers that hand out at Loco's at Haynes Br. Rd. and Old Milton one night a week (Monday I think). I haven't been able to meet up with them yet, but you can find some of them on the GA Sportbike Forum here:

http://209.82.178.148/forums/

If you ever see this guy out and about, stop me and introduce yourself...

http://home.earthlink.net/~litre1

Holy Moly! I'd be surprised if we did NOT run into each other. I think we are about to be neighbors since I am currently trying to close on a house in Windermere, and I too will commute to Haynes Bridge and North Point Pkwy.

I look forward to meeting you soon! At the moment, I am staying at my parents house, and I do have my bike here even though I have not yet moved everything else from Portland. Keep an eye out for a silver 2004 Factory with an Oregon tag, but don't run me over. ;)

I'll send you a PM sometime!

lodom
02-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I called the old MotoBritalia number and they answered as "Motobritalia". But he said they don't deal Aprilias anymore but they do service them as long as I don't need parts. That saddens me:confused:

zvez
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Not really a huge surprise about MotoB. Shame no dealer in Atl. now, certainly don't want to go to the clowns here in Columbus who are official aprilia dealers.

Kind of tickles me the articles about how exciting some of the new prillers are, really nice, god help you if you need them worked on tho.

Guess when mine breaks, I'll just have to make it one hell of an expensive doorstop.

Chris

Wouldn't even consider buying another priller!!

I feel much better now, carry on!

lodom
02-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm hearin' ya. Seems the dealers started the "get out of Aprilias" ball rolling a year ago before the outcome of the Piaggio deal even matured. I guess you really can't blame 'em.

If I'm gonna keep it, and I really want to, I guess I'm gonna have to get my hands dirty. The price of dragging it out of state for service and what-not could go a long way towards the price of some of the special tools it requires. I've been wrenching dirt bikes for years so I'm not totally ignorant.

Does anyone know if Barney's is still open and "dealin" down in St. Pete? I have connections there.

chameleon672
02-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I just recently moved to Macon, any ideas where to go for service, I saw the ducshop on a few posts can anyone tell me where the ducshop is located. and how to contact them. Do they have an axeone tuner, Also is there a shop in the macon area with a dyno?

clarkie49
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.ducshop.com/

they are in Marietta :burnout:

chameleon672
02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks, do you know if "Loren" is pretty good with tuning aprilias?

FalcoPilot
02-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks, do you know if "Loren" is pretty good with tuning aprilias?

He is a certified Aprilia tech and is the only mechanic I'll let touch my Aprilia. On top of that, he's a really good guy. He's also a Triumph tech.

chameleon672
02-09-2006, 09:53 PM
looks like a quality shop, thanks for the input.

hank
02-10-2006, 08:15 AM
http://www.ducshop.com/

they are in Marietta :burnout:

:plus: Good shop, nice people. Wendy is a peach... well, actually a kiwi, but since Georgia is the Peach State... you get the idea.:rolleyes:

clarkie49
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
She is an Aussie......I am going to tell her you called her a Kiwi and she is going to kick your ass! :D

MarcV
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
She is an Aussie......I am going to tell her you called her a Kiwi and she is going to kick your ass! :D

:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-11-2006, 04:19 PM
arse??? That is the correct Kiwi speak right...

FalcoPilot
02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I finally got a chance to ask Wendy yesterday what "shove up big black dog up ya" meant! She laughed and asked me where I'd heard that. I told her I couldn't name any names...........Clarkie............:rolleyes:

Italijet
02-12-2006, 08:40 AM
arse??? That is the correct Kiwi speak right...

Nah, he meant ass.

Donkey (Burro) kicking is a New Zealand sport... :bump:

.... because they can't find their arses with a map and directions :kidding: