PDA

View Full Version : AMA Supermoto Team.........can you help ?

Alice Racing
01-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I am looking into the possibility of creating a team capable of running at the front in the 2006 AMA Supermoto Series.
Either by starting from scratch or by joining forces with an existing team who would benefit from our experience, contacts and funding. Using either KTM or Aprilia bikes.........or even both ?
I would welcome contact from corporate and product sponsors along with riders of a suitable standing
I have considerable finance for the right deal,the backing of a number of bona fide product and support sponsors who have helped me for a number of seasons, but would need some financial help to do this to the standands required to compete at this level.

If you are interested please email to aliceracing@vodafone.net

Thanks

duc slayer
01-19-2006, 04:32 PM
any chance your looking for an overweight, out of shape rider :D . just kidding, I hope everything works out, we would all like to see some ape's out there beating the bid 4 snobs. Best of luck

demonicracing
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Although I would love to see the MXV/RXV/SXV ripping it up in several different AMA fields, I don't think we'll get to see it anytime soon. Last fall, the AMA made a rule change announcement banning multi-cylinder engines from off-road, MX and supermoto. :bangwall: :mad:

Although they claim it was done to keep competition costs down and the sport more available to amateurs, I cannot believe that pressure from the big four wasn't the real reason.

What if anything, can Aprilia fans do to lift the bogus rule for the 2007 season?

Ergo
01-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Although I would love to see the MXC/RXC/SXV ripping it up in several different AMA fields, I don't think we'll get to see it anytime soon. Last fall, the AMA made a rule change announcement banning multi-cylinder engines from off-road, MX and supermoto. :bangwall: :mad:

Although they claim it was done to keep competition costs down and the sport more available to amateurs, I cannot believe that pressure from the big four wasn't the real reason.

What if anything, can Aprilia fans do to lift the bogus rule for the 2007 season?

I didn't realize the ban included Supermoto!?? :eek:

Thought it was just SX and MX? :bs:

duc slayer
01-19-2006, 10:10 PM
sorta, I believe someone posted that only the aprilia 450, not the 550 can compete in the unlimited class. Which is basiclly a slap in the face, anywho everyone should email the AMA daily to let them know that this ruling is :bs:

R Pandya
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Hello. Regarding AMA and rules - we are still working with them. You all HAVE to understand there is AMA, and there is AMA Pro Racing. Two different but related animals.

Yes the 450 is legal to race in unlimited, but the 550 is not. While a privatter may go this route just to race the bike in the AMA, Aprilia USA wil not. At the very least we wish to race the 550 in unlimited in 2006.

We are tryng to work with Pro Racing to find a solution agreeable to all parties concerned. We will get there.

Simply by reading this, you are a concerned Aprilia fan, and would like to see the 450 race 450s as is done everywhere else, and will be done in Sttars, Supermoto USA, NASMOTO, etc. Don't respond to this post - spend a minute logging onto http://www.amaproracing.com/proemail.asp and log you opinion with this who are enabled to affect the rules. Don't be a jerk - just voice your constructive criticism.

Then when the rules change - plan a trip to the races and say thank you to those AMA Pro Racing officials on hand at the races. They are good people. the main issues are with the rulesmakers, not the support staff.

Ciao for now. See you at the races.

Rp

R Pandya
01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
For what it is worth, the CEO of Pro Racing, Scott Hollingsworth, is no longer with the AMA as of this writing.

We still have lots to do. And compromises to make.

Rp

Jet City Racer
01-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Hey Robert, welcome to Apriliaforum, glad to have you aboard! Thanks for all the hard work you've done over the years, (Like writing contingency checks) :D and sticking with Aprilia through the hard times. I truly hope the AMA will allow the 450/550 to run in their respective classes in Supermoto. If so, I know what I'll be racing in 2007! :)

BTW~ Thanks for the T shirts for our party at Laguna. You better show this year.

Your drinks are on me! :cheers:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5378/af1party12go.jpg

jameskrs50
02-12-2006, 07:29 PM
it seems ridiculous that they'll ban a multicylinder bike from competing in a 'modern' race series, surely its a natural progression, its pretty well established that more cylinders means more power (im generalising there i know) so what is stoppin the other companies from designing there own, it seems very backwards to try and halt innovation and progression what if motogp banned 4Ts, then we'd have a great selection of superbikes :D so almost every innovation in motorcycling has come from racing (obv abs etc isnt but in performance) are they trying to stagnate the sport, and possibly turn it into F1? i fuckin hope not! :mad: :lame:

duc slayer
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
no their just waiting for honda to design a v twin, then it'll be legal :D