PDA

View Full Version : Parts availabilty?

vsgofast
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Now that the drama is over. Does anyone know if Aprilia is shipping out spare parts, bikes, etc. here in the United States?

Leanit
01-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Nothing received yet in San Francisco as of about 6 days ago.

p700
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I got this from ApriliaUSA/Piaggio on January 4th.

--
Mike,

Please contact your dealer for a status and more information on your
situation as we have begun to ship parts and process parts orders.

Customer Care
Piaggio USA, Inc.

--

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-10-2006, 07:27 PM
we got in $1400 of Aprilia stuff today.....

juan lauda
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I needed a rev counter cable for the Pegaso early last year and was quoted at the dealer 20 english pounds, which seemed a lot at the time and as its the winter bike I could live without the rev counter. Also the model changed round about my bikes year,97,so the dealer wasnt sure wether the cable they could get was the right one and their computors spares history only went back to ...97!
I went in to the dealer for something else recently and idly inquired about the rev counter cable for the Pegaso. I was then told that Aprilia had changed the spares ordering system so that it now went back to the beginning of time, the part I wanted is £10.50 and if the warehouse in france had it the eta was 3 days time. Result. So it seems Aprilia are getting their act together now in Europe spares wise and hopefully it wont be long before this approach hits the Americas.
Lets face it - Aprilia has the products (The svx 450/550 is causing a stir over here) the 450 sports twin may be further down the road in developement than we thought and the big twin is still a steady seller. Ducati,Benelli and MV are slightly troubled at the moment Piaggio cant drop the ball..can they?

Tee-Dub
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Piaggio cant drop the ball..can they?

Lets hope not.

novos
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
I called m'dealer just in case and they said about a week for the side fairing I ordered naught thanksgiving... about one more week. status shows as "shipped" they say :lover:

If this is true... looks like the dark era may be finally coming to a close! :happy:

Dr. Thrillride
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
For you Americans...we've had no problems in Canada. :cheers:

maybe they'll stop bitching in the biker bar now. don't hold your breath, it seems there are a lot of bitches over there these days.

looks like the dark era may be finally coming to a close! :happy:

moss2481
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I have been without my bike since mid July, and I still cannot get an estimate on a time frame:WTF: :bs:

dbl_aitch
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I called my dealer in hopes that he could track down my parts. He said he'd call but wasn't optimistic. He did say he'd give me a refund, though...

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-12-2006, 07:10 PM
another $4500 of OEM parts shipped to us today....

I'd say they are ramping it up......parts are shipping pretty regularly now.

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Guys it is finally happening it would seem. We have had over $40K worth of parts on backorder...and in the last week shipments of $400, $1000, $4500 have shipped with two already arriving. The same should be true for your local dealers.

Hopefully in the coming month or two the backlog will dissapate and we will all have the harp parts we have been waiting on for what seems like an eternity.

There is hope gentlemen, there is hope.

At the dealer meeting the parts situation was discussed candidly by the corporate folks. They had a very similar situation with Vespa parts and over a 6 month period after the re-structuring of that comapny were able to almost completely fix the issues. They said they were applying the same formula to Aprilia and Moto Guzzi so hopefully the dark days in parts departments all over the USA are about to brighten considerably

fire1427
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I FINALLY got my Keyblank ...Ordered August 14th ...Recieved today :burnout: :cheers:

clarkie49
01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Guys it is finally happening it would seem. We have had over $40K worth of parts on backorder...and in the last week shipments of $400, $1000, $4500 have shipped with two already arriving. The same should be true for your local dealers.

maybe you guys are getting special treatment since you are new ;)

i know a lot of dealers (us included) lost all their backorders when they changed the system over and we had to enter and submit them all over again :bangwall:

Jiggla
01-12-2006, 10:06 PM
maybe you guys are getting special treatment since you are new ;)

i know a lot of dealers (us included) lost all their backorders when they changed the system over and we had to enter and submit them all over again :bangwall:

It's SAP. I told you it loses orders :bond: . Some day I'm gonna find the bastard who wrote that program & give him a swift kick in the nuts :happy:

duc slayer
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
kick him in his left nut and then kick him in his right nut for me, but make sure to wait a few seconds for the first kick to felt

novos
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I just got a side panel i've been waiting for since october :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

djdixon1500
01-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Now that the drama is over. Does anyone know if Aprilia is shipping out spare parts, bikes, etc. here in the United States?

Dealer in Ft Worth is now getting parts ordered in November and December. Martha says "that's good"

dbl_aitch
01-13-2006, 09:58 AM
It's SAP. I told you it loses orders :bond: . Some day I'm gonna find the bastard who wrote that program & give him a swift kick in the nuts :happy:

I have to use SAP at work, fortunately only a little. It does stand for Suck Ass Program, right?

vsgofast
01-13-2006, 02:12 PM
So I gather from all the posts that right now they're working on backorders. Any recently placed orders being filled. Any word when then the new Tuono will arrive at dealerships?

Micah / AF1 Racing
01-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Clarkie, not quite, these are all old orders through our previous friendly dealer who has been helping with OEM parts for the last few years...the first order received had a lot of very old back ordered parts on it like toe rubbers and key blanks and in the quantities from the origonal order.

I did not say things are like, all good now, just that for the first time in what seems like ages I have a very good feeling about the future of the parts supply and company as a whole to a greater extent.

Tuono_John
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I just got word this morning from the California Speed Sports that some of my Tuono parts have been shipped. I crashed my Tuono 3 months ago, and am just starting to get the parts that the dealer did not have.

Tuono John

Jiggla
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I have to use SAP at work, fortunately only a little. It does stand for Suck Ass Program, right?

Also known as

Stops All Production

&

See America Paralyzes

Waxerdog
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I just got word this morning from the California Speed Sports that some of my Tuono parts have been shipped. I crashed my Tuono 3 months ago, and am just starting to get the parts that the dealer did not have.

Tuono John

Wow, you are going 500 miles for parts? :eek:

cabowabo
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Dealer in Ft Worth is now getting parts ordered in November and December. Martha says "that's good"

Would that Be Tony and Martha at EuroSport Cycles??? I just made a deposit for their last 05 Tuono R, Should have it worked out by the end of this month:fangs:

vsgofast
02-03-2006, 10:23 PM
OK, people...How's Piaggio doing when it comes to getting parts to the dealers? I'm not even going to bother visiting the dealers until I know they can get parts.

Leanit
02-08-2006, 01:15 PM
They suck balls, but they're working on it.

It's a transitional thing. They inherited a mess and didn't seem to have a good plan on how to transition the logistics. I know they're working on it, and hopefully they'll get it unfucked by spring. Another big thing is that all our US dealers having to learn a new set of ropes.

- Matt

dbl_aitch
02-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Talked to my dealer over the weekend and he had to re-submit every previous order, as all outstanding orders were cancelled. Took several hours, as you might expect, and he's not overly impressed with Piaggio or their operations right now. He won't consider stocking Moto Guzzi and is very shy about Aprilia in spite of the fact he likes the bikes.

I'd like to look at this entire situation from Piaggio's point of view. But I can't get my head that far up my ass...

clarkie49
02-08-2006, 04:34 PM
:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

Brenda H.
02-08-2006, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=Leanit]
It's a transitional thing. They inherited a mess and didn't seem to have a good plan on how to transition the logistics.

WHAT PLAN??
As far as I can tell there was no plan!!

First Aprilia :bond: and now :gunner: Piaggio!!

clarkie49
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Brenda, why dont you just get them to buy it back?

Leanit
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM

No shit. You wouldn't be the first, Brenda. Not sure of the lemon laws in your state, but I know of at least one case here in California where a guy couldn't get a new stator, so he got a new bike instead.

- Matt

Ed / AF1 Racing
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
parts are shipping good now......

we just got in another $10K of new Aprilia OEM parts. Some of the parts had been on backorder forever.

We get to turn lots of parts back on in the online store.

It feels like Christmas here today.....check the store later today for all the products we get to turn back on.

RS_Patrick
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Top Performances parts i hope!!! :cheers:

Brenda H.
02-09-2006, 04:03 PM

HOW?? My bike was a private party sale, aka used from a guy in DFW who had bought it for his wife. I got it 6 months later after she decided it was not her thing. I kinda doubt that lemon laws cover private party sales.

From what I've seen and heard/read, it looks to me like Piaggio just expected everything to fall into their laps without any problems. YEAH SURE! All their planning seems to be after the fact and not before. No arrangements made to make sure a sufficient parts stock was on hand when they took over. No arrangments made on much of anything from what I've seen.

Everybody is talking about how great things WILL BE. I'll believe it when I see it. I'd almost be willing to bet that if I'm able to attend the open house in May, I'll be driving my TRUCK!

Working on 6 months and counting!!

priller tiller
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Brenda, Lemon Law covers the bike while it's under warranty. It doesn't matter if you are the original owner. The manufacturer has to cover the vehicle through the entire warranty period. I know Texas has some pretty tough laws to help out customers. You should definitely check into it.

I did a lemon law search on google and found this site...

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

Jalpa_Mike
02-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Ed:

Have you folks started getting in any of the new 2005/06 Aprilia Apparel stuff yet? Jackets, Coats, T-shirts, etc?

Mike
'04 Red Futura

dugkim
02-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Just to let you guys know that parts are really starting to flow into my dealer now. One particular part that was orderd on Monday of last week was in by Thursday OF THE SAME WEEK! Looks like Aprilia is starting to turn things around!:cheers:

wheellife
02-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Any RS 250 cranks in those orders by any chance? Thanks

Tybersk8er
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
My dealer resubmitted everything last week and told me that I'd have my parts by this week. They've been telling me "By next week some time for sure" every other week since OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby: ALL I WANT IS MY STARTER!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

clarkie49
02-14-2006, 08:53 AM
[/B]!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby: ALL I WANT IS MY STARTER!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Starter or starter clutch?

Scootopia
02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Ed:

Have you folks started getting in any of the new 2005/06 Aprilia Apparel stuff yet? Jackets, Coats, T-shirts, etc?

Mike
'04 Red Futura

We have the new "Factory" Polo, T-shirt & cotton jacket. http://sparts.aprilia.it/Marche/apr/Cataloghi/A00200/A00200_03.gif

Also I have a few of the Fleece Autumn.
http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/img_access/new15f.jpg

Tybersk8er
02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Starter Motor

knfusion24
02-14-2006, 11:35 AM
We have the new "Factory" Polo, T-shirt & cotton jacket. http://sparts.aprilia.it/Marche/apr/Cataloghi/A00200/A00200_03.gif

Also I have a few of the Fleece Autumn.
http://www.aprilia.com/portale/eng/img_access/new15f.jpg

I was just on your site and couldn't find the Autumn fleece you posted, still have any??

Ty

Scootopia
02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, I do, however you will have to call to place your order because my
e-shopping cart is broken right now. 502-634-4007

knfusion24
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Thank you, I'll be giving a call here soon.

Ty

clarkie49
02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Starter Motor

why do you need a new starter motor? :confused:

Tybersk8er
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Because mine dosen't work...:happy: lol. I just talked to my dealer..... They have the starter and a left hand mirror...still waiting on the right hand one. They're 300 miles away so they have to ship my parts. Its store policy that they don't ship incomplete orders. So they wont ship until the other mirror gets in.:mad: Who knows when that will be..............

clarkie49
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
when you say doesnt work what do you mean?

I am 99% sure that the actual starter isnt the problem

vsgofast
02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Tybersk8ter,

Listen to Clarkie on this one...I can tell you from experience he knows...

Probably the best question would be "Clarkie what do you think it might be?" and wait for his answer..

Jiggla
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Tybersk8ter,

Listen to Clarkie on this one...I can tell you from experience he knows...

Probably the best question would be "Clarkie what do you think it might be?" and wait for his answer..

:funnypost

Another vote for Clarkie.

Listen to Clarkie he won't steer you wrong.

- Pete

Tybersk8er
02-18-2006, 12:55 AM
The starter turns really slow. I can hear the relay clicking.... Bumps fine... Put in a new battery and everything... I really don't know. The guy who owned it before me said that the starter was fried (I donít trust his mechanical skills at all), and I think he tried to fix it with a hammer...(dent in side of starter motor) I've had this bike since August ordered the starter in October... Any suggestions would be appreciated. I wasn't trying to offend Clarkie. Just really fed up with this whole fiasco!!!

TheWheel
02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
--Threadjack back to original topic--

I had ordered a part back in December. We'll I actually got it yesterday! Woohoo! :burnout:

--Back to starter motors--

vsgofast
02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
What did you order? Was it a major part?

moss2481
02-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Major parts or not, I have parts that have been on "backorder" since last July:WTF: :soap:

TheWheel
02-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Not a major part, just a carbon fiber dash cover. No, not the applique that goes around the tach but the piece directly under the windscreen.

Moss2481, be sure to call your dealer about the order. I got my part only after I called the dealer to check on the order and they called Aprilia.

moss2481
02-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately the dealer does not have the bike since I decided to see what sliding across asphalt actually feels like, but I am working on getting a list of the parts still needed to put it back together.

Brenda H.
02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Major parts or not, I have parts that have been on "backorder" since last July:WTF: :soap:

I've been waiting since September on mine. Well, I finally decided to invoke the Texas version of the lemon law. Since I'm the bike's second owner, the best I could do under Texas law is force Piaggio to fix the bike. The buyback/replacement option is restricted to the original owner [sucks!]. I called Piaggio back on the 15th to let them know what I was going to do. They said they'd check into things and get back to me. Well the call back was the shocker. The darn regulator had been shipped to Jay on Monday the 13th. He got the bike fixed and I got to ride my baby home yesterday. Got home a bit chilled but it was a good ride. Now all I have to do is figure out how to install/hook up the XM satellite radio I've bought for it! :happy:

I'm going to wait and see what happens next. Piaggio has at least one of the same problems Aprilia Atlanta had. They have no idea what or when anything is coming over from Italy. VERY Dumb in a world of instant communications. Home HQ should have no problem coming up with at the very least approximate shipping dates on parts not to mention shipping manifests for anything going out the darn door! With no more "full sized" AA500's, at present I'm just not interested in the Atlantic Sprint. IF and when they bring it over here, maybe then. I can't ride the Beo 500 and no other scooter they make in that size range interests me. The only bikes they make that I am interested in are the Capo, possibly the Pegaso, and I'm not even sure I can get on them [inseam challenged<G>]. They may well be the only ones I can get on. That question will hopefully get answered at the open house.

I love my bike. It has been an absolute blast. If Piaggio gets the parts situation straightened out, I'll keep it. Otherwise hello Suzuki!

Tybersk8er
02-27-2006, 01:55 AM
I got my starter and installed it today:rolleyes: . I really hope it was just the starter. I didn't start up today, had to charge the battery, and I didn't feel like jumping it. So I'll post an update tomarrow and tell you what happens.