PDA

View Full Version : Wanted triple clamps for Tuono

FrancoisK
08-02-2003, 02:05 AM
The MilleR salvage transformation into a TuonoR is moving right along except for the difficulty in locating a triple clamp. Local dealer says could be 2 months before stuff comes out of Italy.
EMA accessories is talking about rigging up a Harris clamp and mounting a Scott dirt bike handlebar.
What would you suggest?

cornercarver
08-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I've seen triples machined for the Ohlins forks on a Tuono here in the Bay Area. I can't remember where he said he got them, though. I want to say South Bay Triumph in SoCal, but I'm not sure. Perhaps the owner will chime in.

--sam

thunderex
08-02-2003, 03:54 PM
good memory. i have ohlins forks on my tuono and southbay triumph in lomita is where i had the bike built. he ended up machining some risers for the tuono that fit the ohlin's forks. give matt capri a call there (310.784.7690). when i picked my bike up he mentioned that he already had the cnc plans for it now and i bet he could make another set.

ApexMolester
08-02-2003, 11:33 PM
i've seen jeff's bike, perfectly done aftermarket!

all the work is done, so all that needs to be done is to chuck-up the stock in the cnc, push the button.....wha-laa'

kirkmoon
08-10-2003, 09:40 AM
I just did the Ohlins internal rebuild for the stock Showa forks and think that it is great. Only costs around $500 and doesn't require any change in the top triple clamp. Clarkie did the same on his special Clarkie Tuono and I believe that he feels that there is no real significant difference between the two. The Ohlins fork does have a slightly larger internal diameter and has the nitride coated tubes, both of which would be nice. But is that worth an additional $1000?

Kirk