PDA

View Full Version : Carbon/Kevlar?

NAwlinsRSV
06-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone had experimented with carbon/kevlar vs. carbon parts on a black RSV. If so, please post pics as I'm curious as to how this would look. It looks sweet on the Tuono R.
:smokin:

milleX2
06-13-2003, 04:40 PM
QB one of the best bodywork manufacturers in europe manufactures their carbon bodywork in such a way that the outer layer(visible side) is full carbon but on the inside it is layered with carbon/kevlar which i guess helps keep its shape better if crashed and repaired, sebimoto which is sold in the states by yoyodyne has both carbon and carbon/kevlar bodywork, check either web-site for some good detail photo's, i have some photo's of my suzuki tlr with the carbon/kevlar full body if it would give you the info needed as far as the weave patterns

NAwlinsRSV
06-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks MilleX2. I've checked out bought their sites and will likely get some Sebimoto stuff soon. I thought about doing carbon/kevler fenders and side panels on a matte black RSV. I know carbon will look sweet, but wasn't sure about the c/v. What color is your Zuk?

KaneRSV
06-13-2003, 09:23 PM
I have carbon/kevlar heel guards on my black 01. They are a red and black weave, look great up close but look dark red from about 10 paces. Very happy with the quality though.

milleX2
06-14-2003, 12:23 AM
the tlr was recently sold, i had just finished fitting it prior to sale and gave the buyer his choice of paint job and he liked the std tlr look so being i am in so. cal. i had the guys that paint the yosh and attack bikes spray it to the yosh tlr superbike replica look, i only have photos of the raw carbon/kevlar look being he took delivery of the bike and i handled paint and payment and he took delivery of bodywork directly from painter, FRED at yoyodyne is a careing kind of guy but has problems getting the bodywork to you undamaged even though he overpacks the stuff but the gorillas that handle freight just toss it around especially lightweight bodywork boxes lablled FRAGLE!!!!

NAwlinsRSV
06-14-2003, 09:07 AM
I ordered gobs of carbon when I had my 748, but never had any delivered damaged. That had to be frustrating. I think I'm just going to go straight carbon, instead of wasting money getting the c/v only to run the risk of not liking it against the black. I looks great on the Tuono R, but that bike also has the gold frame, which it compliments.