Ricky J
12-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Received this yesterday from a California dealer:

"Just in from Aprilia:

Aprilia vehicle shipments started 12/09/05

Aprilia Parts/Accessories shipments will start shipping 12/16/05

Warranty registrations and claim processing suspended from 12/1-15

Following is edited:

Resolutions are being transferred to the NYC office from the Atlanta office depending on when we have been invoiced. There is a new process for ordering parts and accessories, which will now be conducted online (finally! We have been doing this over the fax machine for the last two years!), details forthcoming. They will be emailing current backorders to confirm/cancel starting 12/06."

RZRob
12-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Actually I'm sure everything's not quite the way they ultimately wanted it, but to get the Aprilia Ship airborn again is a positive. They'll gain more altitude in the coming months. Let's just all stay onboard with them.

RZ Rob:peace:

Rossifumi
12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
wow. somebody actually found a pulse.

Ally V60
12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
So 6 months of CPR has finally paid of :) right lads but the defibs back on the shelf :burnout:

JoeKher
12-16-2005, 07:57 AM
We are talking about the same wharehouse that was going to be closed for "2 weeks" six weeks ago right. I hope everything gets up and running again, but I don't trust the Italian calander! Speaking of calanders......:kidding:

The_Scottsman
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Something is certainly better than nothing!

LUCKY DAVE
12-17-2005, 12:14 AM
The calendars are scheduled to arrive februrary 31st.

JoeKher
12-17-2005, 08:25 AM
The calendars are scheduled to arrive februrary 31st.:funnypost '06?:spankie:

Beau1K
12-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Who wants to place bets as to when we'll see them at dealerships?

jwa1
12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
can ya toss us another bone ? i know you won't say what dealer, but how about :

1. so cal
2. cen cal
3. nor cal

:confused:

Leanit
12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Received this yesterday from a California dealer:

"Aprilia Parts/Accessories shipments will start shipping 12/16/05"

Sadly, this is horseshit.

As of an hour ago, NY told me there is no estimated date on which parts will begin to flow. I also understood that when the lights do come back on, it's wise to call your dealer to confirm/reorder your items, as someone else here said. If your parts were in America before they closed USA opps, you will have a better shot of getting them before eternity expires. All else will probably have to be reordered.

- Leanit

team222
12-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Sadly, this is horseshit.

As of an hour ago, NY told me there is no estimated date on which parts will begin to flow. I also understood that when the lights do come back on, it's wise to call your dealer to confirm/reorder your items, as someone else here said. If your parts were in America before they closed USA opps, you will have a better shot of getting them before eternity expires. All else will probably have to be reordered.

- Leanit

Let's see if I get this....

The Piaggio plan is to bring parts distribution to a total halt for an undetermined time until they figure out how to incorporate the Aprilia part numbers into the Vespa system .....while .....all along .....they have had two years to accomplish this ??????

Unamazing :bangwall: :bangwall:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sidebar here....... but my understanding is that Piaggio canned the Canadian Aprilia/Guzzi distributor and appointed a scooter based company with no motorcycle experience. Legal action is likely since the distributor had a 5 year contract!!!!! :bangwall: :bangwall:

Mike

TheWheel
12-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I was wondering about getting parts from the Canadian distributor. Anyone know if they are shipping parts? Parts from europe would be too expensive.

The_Scottsman
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
I stopped by the shop today here in Sac to say hello to my beloved Falco. When I asked them about the current information vacuum, they shared with me what they had been told;

A "Dealer Packet," apparently containing info on who to contact and how to order parts, was supposedly sent out to dealers on Dec 16th.

Shipments of parts should start Dec 22nd.

And something about warranties (didn't pay much attention to that, sorry) starts Jan 5th.

"Otherwise," they told me, "you know as much as we do."

Hard to say how accurate the info is, but I thought I'd share it anyhow.

JoeKher
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Hopefully when things get back up and running it will be better than the last year or so! Come on Piaggio, don't screw this up! (wishful thinking:rolleyes: )

mikeyyc
12-21-2005, 10:48 AM
I was wondering about getting parts from the Canadian distributor. Anyone know if they are shipping parts? Parts from europe would be too expensive.

I haven't heard if Barrett got the sack or not. Depending on what parts you need you can try my dealer. They have quite a bit in stock, and if it's available, will get it for you pdq. If it's not in the country, you're likely on Italian time.

www.revoluzione.com

Mike

TheWheel
12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the link Mike. I've got a carbon instrument cover on order (no, not the stick-on front plate but the piece under the windscreen) and am starting to wonder WTF I'll see it...if ever.

Shaftoe
12-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Yessssssssssss!!!! I just got my 04 Mille back today after waiting for a replacement fuel pump sine October. There are signs of life after all :cheers: . Scuderia West even picked up the tab for towing :worship: .

Norcal Factory
12-29-2005, 04:47 PM
I just got off the phone with my dealer. I have been waiting for clutch MC parts since early Sept, and a swingarm for four weeks.

They still cannot get ANY info about availability of parts.

Are they in the US? Do they exist in Italy? Is there anyone who can sit in front of a computer and check? Or go to the parts bin and check? no, No, and NO!

Apparently there are no numbers for them to call for parts processing etc. since all the ones to Atlanta based people are useless.

If I created a list of how to do the worst job in a transition of dealer support and how to kill good will and reputation, this would be it!

I feel sorry for any dealer who invests so much of their reputation with a business partner like this.

AZ_GregB
12-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Ive spoken with some of the head US reps, and they got shit rolling faster than normal. But, Aprilia shit-canned a boat load of US employees and moved up to NY from what I'm told.

team222
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Ive spoken with some of the head US reps, and they got shit rolling faster than normal. But, Aprilia shit-canned a boat load of US employees and moved up to NY from what I'm told.

I am a motorcyclist and motorcycle buyer

Piaggio/Aprilia is in the business of selling motorcycles, supporting dealers and owners

One of us is incompetent, full of shit and not doing our friggggggen job

Mike

novos
01-02-2006, 02:33 AM
well the tool at the aprilia booth at the motorcycle show told me they would try to start shipping before the beginning of the new year.

I called the dealer where I'm waiting for parts on thursday, they told me a minimum of one more month before they expect any parts. :mad: :pissed:

jesus h christ.

I don't want much from aprilia. not a V4. not the SXV in my garage by next week. not a podium finish in moto gp.

I just want some damn parts. :soap:

Ricky J
01-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Novos, you mean you'd rather have parts than watch Max Biaggi getting lapped on the Cube?!?!

novos
01-02-2006, 11:56 AM
UMMMMMM.... yes. :)

50Joe
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
well the tool at the aprilia booth at the motorcycle show told me they would try to start shipping before the beginning of the new year.

I called the dealer where I'm waiting for parts on thursday, they told me a minimum of one more month before they expect any parts. :mad: :pissed:

jesus h christ.

I don't want much from aprilia. not a V4. not the SXV in my garage by next week. not a podium finish in moto gp.

I just want some damn parts. :soap:

Call Touring Sport Aprilia BMW Ducati at 864-232-2269. Ask for Joey. They might have what you need in stock or can probably get it.

novos
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
touring sport's always had stuff for me... usually why i order from them instead of local :)

Ricky J
01-02-2006, 02:13 PM
No matter how well stocked, even those cupboards will eventually go empty unless you-know-who gets their act together.

Maybe the SAP inventory program is kicking their asses?

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...

Jet City Racer
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Novos, you mean you'd rather have parts than watch Max Biaggi getting lapped on the Cube?!?!
Now that is a tough choice. :D

Ricky J
01-02-2006, 05:19 PM
A guy just shouldn't make those by impulse.

Another choice: spare parts, or promises of a superbike for the year 20__. Again, really tough calls and ones we should sleep on. :D

TheWheel
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
In the spirit of Admiral Chester Nimitz, where is Aprilia USA? The world wonders.

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
there is hope....

we got notified today that about $1K of OEM parts has shipped to us.....its a start....some of the parts had been on BO long before the shutdown.......yeah!!!!!

though, we still have over $40K on backorder.....

ism409
01-04-2006, 12:47 PM
there is hope....

we got notified today that about $1K of OEM parts has shipped to us.....its a start....some of the parts had been on BO long before the shutdown.......yeah!!!!!

though, we still have over $40K on backorder.....
Any RS250 parts?

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
they are on a roll.....another $400 of parts shipped today....

some RS250 exhaust gaskets are in that box....

ism409
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
they are on a roll.....another $400 of parts shipped today....

some RS250 exhaust gaskets are in that box....
Nice! and if cranks ever begin to ship there will be people dancing in the streets! :)

Leanit
01-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I just got a call from Piaggio NY to tell me that things are starting to flow, and I should check with my dealer about my order status. Sweet that they held on to my number for a couple weeks and actually called back.

So I rang up Scuderia West to see what they knew. They've been told that backorders are being filled, and then they'll be up for taking new orders. So far, they've seen no shipments arrive at their shop here in San Francisco, but they expect stuff in the next week or two, according to what NY is telling them.

To quote Droopy: "Hooray, hooray."

- Leanit

GeoR
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Great job Brownie!! :happy: