PDA

View Full Version : Needing Opinions & Advice

Ice06
12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
In January of this year my bike was stolen. I had a 2000 Triumph Daytona 955i which I loved alot. I didn't like the newer Daytona design & decided to look elsewhere for my next bike. My choices came down to a CBR 1000rr or a RSV Factory. The "good deal" that I found on the factory was not available when I finally got money in hand & I really liked the CBR also so I chose to get it. After 3/4 of a year I am having thoughts about getting a RSV Factory. The CBR is nice with an great amount of power & compliance but there just seems to be something about the Aprilia that consistently attracts me. Looking at Aprilia's current state of affairs as a company with many questions about its future direction, should I truly consider getting a Factory?:confused:

duc slayer
12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
absolutely the issues that the company is having will be worked out. I had an 01 rsvr until last year and the traded for an 04 factory and I have never had problems with either of them.

ZeroTwoRSV
12-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Motorcycles make no sense to own. They are ridden strictly for your pleasure. Are you enjoying yours, or dealing with it?

I bought an Aprilia a few years back. It was stolen. I bought another one. Maybe that helps?

Catatonic
12-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't be so sure that the company issues will be worked out by Piaggio. I surely hope that they are, but at this point I wouldn't bank on it. We have yet to see what the fallout will be from the swingarm issue will be. That being said, I absolutely love my '04 RSVR. I can't think of another bike that I would rather have. If you find the right local dealer (provided that you can actually find a local dealer), you will not have any problems. Looking back, if I would have bought a bike based on the size of the dealer support and convenience, I would have bought a cookie cutter Japanese brand. But thankfully I didn't, and I now own a bike I truly love.

Ice06
12-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the insight & input. I like my CBR a lot. Can't complain about the performance in any regard. It's a very strong bike. But I guess the thing that nags me is that it [I]is[I] a "cookie cutter". Not very much destinctive "character" is there ( if that makes sense). I guess I'll do some hunting to see if I can maybe find another "good deal" on a Factory &, if so, try to get it.

Arnie
12-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Bikes are emotional purchases. Sounds like the Factory is the one that does it for you. I've been real happy with mine, it's an awesome bike. Get one, you won't regret it.

factory pilot
12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
DEFINATELY THE FACTORY...:plus: :plus:

it's got character, torque, bullet proof motor,handling,looks,puts a huge smile on your face:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: ...it's got it's issues but nothing is perfect

RSV_Ecosse
12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Motorcycles make no sense to own. They are ridden strictly for your pleasure. Are you enjoying yours, or dealing with it?

I bought an Aprilia a few years back. It was stolen. I bought another one. Maybe that helps?

Thats actually a very good way indeed, to put things.

If you want to try a Factory, buy one.

You will either like it a lot ( I'm guessing yeah!! ), or you wont like it.

If you like it, keep it and ride the tits off the thing.

If you dont like it, sell it and buy something else.

Sure, you'll probably loose money on whatever purchase you go for, but life is for living!!! :)

factory pilot
12-15-2005, 05:39 AM

Sure, you'll probably loose money on whatever purchase you go for, but life is for living!!! :)

:plus: :plus: :plus: :plus:

TOTALLY AGREE:) :) :) :)(ESPECIALLY RIDING THE TITS OFF IT THEY LOVE IT)

falco03
12-16-2005, 04:01 PM
you really NEED to PM teedub (on this forum). he did exactly the same thing that you are describing.
maybe he'll have a little insight for you.

BigMac
12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

The problem with this practice on Aprilia's, is the resale value in event you dislike bike are FAR more punitive than any other bike I can think of. I would urge you to test ride the bike to really know it is to your favor and just be aware that once you do take title, you should not plan on selling it till you've gotten whatever you deem to be full value in its riding pleasure. The Factory is a spectacular bike, infinitely capable and as low maintainence and reliable as any sportbike on market, you just can't give'em away for something approaching reasonable value in the secondary market. If Aprilia does go tits up, the bikes' relative value will further plummet for another 5 years or more, then they'll likely become eclectic icons selling for more than they did new. In your shoes, I'd never pay the retail $18k USD, but a clean low mileage '04 in the $11-12k range would make me a VERY happy man:happy: Good luck!