PDA

View Full Version : Polini kit for Ditech is out

NeoGeniX
07-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Good news for the ditech owners that want to go faster www.scooter-attack.com now has the polini cilinder kit for ditech engined scooters. It's costs about 180 euros. Here's some info polini gave them:

Kit + ORIGINAL EXHAUST: 9,2 hp at 7900 rpm;
Kit + Polini EXHAUST 200.0211 (under construction): 10,2 hp at 8500 rpm
Original cylinder + Polini EXHAUST: 5,8 hp at 8300 rpm

Check it out in the news section at http://www.scooter-attack.com/index2.php?lang=d

phidauex
07-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Sweet, a little competition!

How do these numbers compare with Malossi's claimed numbers? How do we think they will compare with REAL numbers? :)

This kit is much cheaper than the Malossi kit, by almost 100 euros. Hopefully that will translate to lower US prices too. :)

Also, does anyone know if this kit comes with an ECU like the malossi kit? If not, what are you supposed to do to increase fuel pressure? I didn't notice an ECU in the picture, so I wasn't sure...

This is exciting, this is the beginning of real ditech tuning. :)

Peace,
sam

NapaCoach
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
yeah this should get the ball rolling quicker

i cant figure that site out at all Does it mention a polini kit for the air cooled Scarabeo ?>

Rydah
07-30-2003, 01:51 AM
all you ditech guys wait for the malossi mhr speed/team, or polini evolution. then you guys will really see what a fuel injected 2stroke scooter all about. save your money until then.

ip2
07-30-2003, 03:57 AM
simonini make special injector for it , look under INITZIONE in thier price list

parts are sure coming out but power still dont compare to minarellis

Browni
07-30-2003, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ip2
[B]simonini make special injector for it , look under INITZIONE in thier price list

"50579 ESPANSIONE APRILIASR 2000 DITECH INIZIONE 155 "

Do you think this is an injector kit?????
Cause this is a pipe code number!!

Browni
07-30-2003, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ip2
[B]simonini make special injector for it , look under INITZIONE in thier price list

"50579 ESPANSIONE APRILIASR 2000 DITECH INIZIONE 155 "

Do you think this is an injector kit?????
Cause this is a pipe code number!!

NeoGeniX
07-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by NapaCoach
yeah this should get the ball rolling quicker

i cant figure that site out at all Does it mention a polini kit for the air cooled Scarabeo ?>

Yes there are various polini kits you can buy on the site. Just go to the shop section and choose your scooter and then choose motorteile.

ip2
07-30-2003, 10:23 AM
on simonini i assume its a pipe and injector comes with it ..

phidauex
07-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Rydah
all you ditech guys wait for the malossi mhr speed/team, or polini evolution. then you guys will really see what a fuel injected 2stroke scooter all about. save your money until then.

Oh, that will be nice! However, the ability to effectively chip-tune the ECU will be necessary.. Maybe malossi will release an ECU like the one their current 70cc comes with, but that is fully programmable by the user. That would make me wet myself. Then we can get some high performance injectors and pumps, and really get these things moving.

peace,
sam

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-30-2003, 09:40 PM
The Ditech is getting a lot more interesting. Our Project SR50/70 Ditech got the full package tonite from Malossi. You really need to have the motor out to appreciate all that is possible with this system I think. I am thinking a higher pressure from the air injector and a lot of other stuff. A power Commander typer box for tuning the efi may not be that difficult either.

The Project SR70Ditech got a little modding of the airbox with the removal of the inlet silencer tube....do not know if this is good or bad right now so dont do it and say you were not warned.

The greatest "restriction" I found was in the exit side of the reed cage. Replacing the stock stainless reeds with carbon fiber reeds from Malossi I noticed how little the reeds stoppers were open....like 2-3mm. This was fixed in short order and the reeds are now allowed a maximum opening of 5-6mm with my modified stoppers in place. The reed cage is secured to the motor with safety allen head fasteners and they are a bit of a pain to get out without the correct tool. (the size is "5mm safety" for those planning ahead. These are available from www.Wihatools.com) I think opening the reed cage up to an acceptable size will have a large effect on the performance of our motor.

Big bore kit is now installed and running. On this motor we have not yet had to reset the TPS sensor with the Gameboy tuning cartridge. The last one we did.

The scooter is heat cycling right now and will be ridden for at least a few days before going on the dyno. I took a lot of pics and will try to get them into a decent format soon for a new Tech Tip.

phidauex
07-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks a lot for your dedication to the ditech, micah! Its really encouraging for us US'ers who have a hard time getting anything but ditechs, but who still believe in their potential.

I'm interested in hearing more about the reed cage modification, maybe with a picture or two.. That is, of course, that what you did actually had any sort of effect at all (and better yet, a positive effect). :)

peace,
sam

NapaCoach
07-30-2003, 11:00 PM
How long did it take you to do the entire install ?

i will check hourly to see pics

im a week into my scarabeo ditech & im like a thirsty sponge for ditech info (grim or great)

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-31-2003, 10:25 AM
This scooter was our 2nd in house build of a Ditech. In all it took Jon and I with Ed's help about 3 hours. If I were doing the job alone for a customer I would bill about 5 hours labor.

Jon rode the scooter home last night to put some break in time on it. It will be in neighborhood use all day for more break in time and should be on the dyno this weekend for some data aquisition.

I also did a full port job on the cylinder prior to installation so my results may be better than expected. It was a simple basic port or Stage 1 port job. I did not raise the exhaust more than .5mm or the transfers more than .5mm. I cut smooth bevels on all ports 360 degrees to keep the rings alive for a good long time hopefully. Upon on final assembly I decided that I could have safely raised the twin boost ports more than 1mm farther to make them match the timing of the side transfers. I also knife edged the port divider windows in the cylinder and smoothed all sharp edges in the cast iron cylinder to stress releive it.

The reason stress releif was critical in this install is two fold. The cylinder we used was dmaaged in shipping to a customer and I replaced it for him for free. The bottom edge corner on the exhaust side of the cylinder was broken off, a small piece and it should still be very safe to run. I gave the piston out of the origonal kit to another customer who broke the rings on his kit...so in the Project Ditech I used a 47mm double ring Malossi piston from the RS50 motorcycle Malossi kit. To use this piston I had to machine the inside of the piston where the piston pin penetrates to allow clearance for the larger bearing used in the Ditech motor (very stout small end I might add). I say all this because it is a small miracle we could even get this kit assembled without so many of the correct Malossi parts.

When the motor was assembled I hand spun it on the bench for a while to ensure good fit of internal parts....it was actually all good. When the motor started I was very pleased with how tight the engine was and clean it sounded.