PDA

View Full Version : SXV pricing

AV8OR
12-02-2005, 11:52 PM
www.motorcycleonline.com is claming the SXV 450 will run $8399 and the RXV 450 will run $8199

any one else have an idea?

here is the link

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=2717&Page=1#

Hood
12-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Thats what I was told when I threw down a deposit on mine.

duc slayer
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I was told slightly more for the 550 when I paid my down payment $8699 not much higher

Ed / AF1 Racing
12-03-2005, 08:36 PM
you are all correct....the MSRP came in way cheaper than expected...

Hood
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Finding out MSRP was so much cheaper than I had ever thought it would be is what prompted me to buy. I was actually in the show room to buy a KTM.

Now I just have to figure out how to wait til delivery.

12-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok I'm confused. It say the US will get 450 SXV by April, but that its not street legal, but they picture the street legal version of it. ???

Anyone know when I can expect the street-legal SXV 550, the one with all the lights, lisence plate holder, turn signals etc.... Spring 2007?

AV8OR
12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I want the 550 street legal too!!! any ideas?

Jony2Stones
12-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I want the 550 street legal too!!! any ideas?

From what I was told....the 550 will be green-sticker and in 3rd quarter 2006.

From what was said, the fully-street-legal ones won't be until 2008.

However 'street-legal' may come down to your area...lighting kits will probably be available, and if the title doesn't have 'off-road' use only stamped on it....then you're probably far on your way to getting a plate.....

I currently have a 550 on order for late 2006. Hopefully I can make it plate-able...if not then I'll be shopping for a new truck to tow it to the track....
:D

Dvus
12-04-2005, 09:12 PM
they had borth RXV and SXV 450 at the motorcycle show. The dealer was telling me 8199 for the RXV 450 and 8299 for the SXV 450 shipment will be in February and the 550's will be out in the summer. Street versions out in 007 :crybaby:
Good news depends on how the title is written we here in WA have a chance to license it on the street as long as the title doesn't have "off road use only" or something similar to that on it. We can added blinkers and mirrors and have the state patrol check it over for licensing! :cool:

duc slayer
12-05-2005, 12:13 PM
the info that I got was that the title will not say offroad use only and they may have some sort of baja package for lights and turn signals, if not that part will be easy to take care of.

Dvus
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Once the first ones start coming in please let us all know what is on the title!

hank
12-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Any knews on a 'Factory' spec bike with tastier bits?

SuburbanAssault
12-14-2005, 12:02 AM
I was going to recieve 3 450 sxv's in about a week for $7,000 each, cost of course. But now i have delayed the order and should see 3 550 sxv's by feb. I cant wait to tear up the streets with mine. oh yea, those will be about $7,800 cost.

2stroke
12-14-2005, 03:51 AM
RIiiiiiiggghtt. We believe you WHY? Mr. 1 poster. I'm sure you're not making this up. Especially seeing as how YOU, (mr. nobody) would get 3, COUNT THEM !!! 3, 550 sxv's. Aren't these not even supposed to be imported until 3rd quarter next year?? Oh do tell, how you managed to circumvent the ENTIRE due process that the rest of the Aprilia connected world has to wait for. I'm waiting.

tnchris988
12-14-2005, 05:35 PM
havent been follow this much but i have been reading and now i am intrested anybody horsepower and torque numbers?

SuburbanAssault
12-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Ok, first of all, in Feb. I will have a 550 and post pictures to prove it. Now if your jealousy has gotten to you that bad, I will let you in on my connection. My dadís best friend just happens to own the local ducati dealership, and his son happens to be my best friend and my as well as my teammate for off-road racing. Furthermore, knowing people in high places, such as a very large Aprilia dealership who just so happens to want a dealer-to-dealer trade. Meaning we will be receiving three 550's in exchange of a Ducati or two. All the information that I have posted, such as release dates and pricing has come directly from this dealer. After talking to him yesterday and being informed that 550's would be released in Feb. (news he just received yesterday) he said to simply "Not waist our time on 450's." Considering he has rode both on a private demo.
:bond:
Now would it make sense, just maybe, that after being informed I would have a 550 in my hands in Feb. of '05, that I might search for a forum such as this to brag and hopefully find individuals to broaden my knowledge on the bike itself. Unfortunalty people such as yourself take jealousy and forum sites such as this to unnecessary level. So in Feb. when youíre sitting on your computer trying to raise your post count, I'll be ripping through your front yard to finally prove you wrong.:cheers:

clarkie49
12-15-2005, 09:08 AM
I guess that means 550's will be in dealerships in the US in Feb 06 (you said 05 but i am guessing you meant 06).

Thanks for the offical update :burnout:

SuburbanAssault
12-15-2005, 01:01 PM
yea, feb. 06. sorry about that.

Aprilia
01-23-2006, 01:59 AM
What kind of OTD price are you guys getting/ giving? I went Wen and got a price on a 550 they said it would be here 3rd quarter. The price I received was $9628.00 US OTD and thats with no tax because I'm an out of state buyer. Sound a little high. I was going to put a deposit down, but after thinking about it I might wait and see how they do first.

clarkie49
01-23-2006, 08:48 AM
MSRP is $8699 for the SVX550 and while you didnt get quoted tax remember some dealerships charge freight, setup, doc fees etc. It is up to the dealer if they choose to charge those fees, some do, some dont.

Aprilia
01-24-2006, 01:19 AM
I understand they need to make money. But another 1000.00 above msrp. I just thought it was high for shipping and setup. Aprila dosen't have the best resale as we all know. So I sure don't want to be another thousand in the hole. I will check some of the other dealers.

duc slayer
01-24-2006, 07:53 AM
resale is for harley's :D :D :D :D

clarkie49
01-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok, first of all, in Feb. I will have a 550 and post pictures to prove it. Now if your jealousy has gotten to you that bad, I will let you in on my connection. My dadís best friend just happens to own the local ducati dealership, and his son happens to be my best friend and my as well as my teammate for off-road racing. Furthermore, knowing people in high places, such as a very large Aprilia dealership who just so happens to want a dealer-to-dealer trade. Meaning we will be receiving three 550's in exchange of a Ducati or two. All the information that I have posted, such as release dates and pricing has come directly from this dealer. After talking to him yesterday and being informed that 550's would be released in Feb. (news he just received yesterday) he said to simply "Not waist our time on 450's." Considering he has rode both on a private demo.
:bond:
Now would it make sense, just maybe, that after being informed I would have a 550 in my hands in Feb. of '05, that I might search for a forum such as this to brag and hopefully find individuals to broaden my knowledge on the bike itself. Unfortunalty people such as yourself take jealousy and forum sites such as this to unnecessary level. So in Feb. when youíre sitting on your computer trying to raise your post count, I'll be ripping through your front yard to finally prove you wrong.:cheers:

So how are those 3 550's coming along? :D

JoeKher
01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
:rolleyes: 550 in Feb.? In the US? That sure would be nice:bs: ! Must be from Europe.:cheers:

Some of the top dealers in the country are on this site and none of them even claim to have access to the 550 that soon or they would be trying to take deposits.

Good luck with that!

duc slayer
01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
I think he had 3 125's lying around so he bored them out to make a 550 :burnout:

JoeKher
01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Do you want to re think your statement?

To quote Robert Pandya:

"Firm ship date" and "Italian Motorcycle" do not usually go together.

Thanks to those of you laughing, and I'm terribly sorry I offended those who are not.

Truthfully, it is always a bit slower to launch a 100% new product as the 45.2engine series is. New is new, so delays happen. Any of you who this production goes straight from a computer to a production line are sorely mistaken.

At this time we are expecting production of bikes in March/April. Delivery would be plus 45 days to ship from Italy. Yes that is awhile from now, but as a multi-Aprilia owner, you know that we take considerable pride in the initial quality of the machine. There will always be production hickups - that's the way it goes. The same happens to all manufacturrs, but the radar setting are different when you produce 100,000 units, to when you product like a bazillion. That's a number - right?

I do hope you all recognize that the SXV and RXV were developed in the public eye. That is to say once the motor was running, it was revealed, and a very rough prototype proof of concept vehicle was revealed almost two years ago. Every bike you have seen racing in the past 2 years is a prototype, testing changes to design every step of the way. Every bike was different. We are NOW at the point that we have 100% production pieces, and as the production supply is fulfilled, we build bikes.

Europe will get them first. That is the fact. We will get a fairly limited supply for SXV and RXV 450 at first, followed by volume of 450 and 550 units mid-later summer. They will all be 2007 year models. making the the FIRST 2007's available. And the only fuel injected trellis frame v-twin dry sump full pimp hardcore off-road bikes available.

Daytona plan being fixed now. No off-road demos @ Daytona.

I can't wait to race an HP2.

Rp
Do we have to call :bs: ?

duc slayer
01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
what are you saying :bs: to????

clarkie49
01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
I think he is getting them straight from Rollin Fast's Horses mouth :D (sorry couldnt resist :burnout: )

JoeKher
01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
I think he is getting them straight from Rollin Fast's Horses mouth :D (sorry couldnt resist :burnout: )I think he is getting something from Rolling Fast:eek: :spankie: :ripass: !:rolleyes:

demonicracing
01-31-2006, 02:33 AM
How and where were you guys able to put down deposits for them? I talked to at least a dozen dealers- half of them just laughed and the other half dumbly asked "what's a SXV? Aprilia is going to make a lightweight V-twin, since when?"

So, after trying for six months with no luck I finally gave up and bought a new CRF450X a few weeks ago. But that was probably the best choice anyways. The Honda is a great bike and I'll just wait for the 08's to come out next year. I suppose I can wait a little while onger for the street-legal version with all the bugs worked out :worship:

JoeKher
01-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Most good Aprilia dealers have been burned by this before and so they hesitate to take deposits. My dealer won't take a deposit until they are in the wharehouse ready to be shipped. He does keep a list of names.