PDA

View Full Version : Lap Timer

evander13
11-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Anyone have a recommendation for a lap timer, and where to buy one, how much you paid etc. Looking at getting the receiver only for track days. Looks like the XT Ultra Lap is the business.

And before anyone posts a response about the onboard timer, I know its there, but using it (remembering to press the button/use it, each lap) is a whole different matter.

Eugene 2001 RSV

Old Wanderer
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I have the XT Ultralap timer, and really like it...Get the download box with it...You can download each session when you get home after the weekend, as the memory can hold about 2000 laps I think...including the temp.

I really like all the features, and will work with the Micron beacon as well.

I have never tried the split time capability, but might when I go back to Thunderhill in April..

The battery last a long time as well....Just don't have anything but good to say about the unit.

Buy one and don't look back.

Steve Hunt
11-30-2005, 11:52 AM
My Chron has come out with a new one...I'm sure in response to the XT Ultra. It might be worth looking into. I had a MyChron light and sold it to get the XT. Love the XT, intuative menus and works well. I have had it maybe 2 years so maybe there is new software now but I was not all that impressed with downloading my lap times and the report it gave.

Steve Hunt

Dvus
11-30-2005, 08:58 PM
There's a group buy going on for these units $165 http://www.trackdaz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14
it was at the end of October beginning of Nov. Might want to check it out to see if he got enough people.

hank
12-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I have a MyChron Lite & it's pretty good. I also have the MyChron 3 Gold and it's not worth the time & hassle getting it all set up & working properly.

clarkie49
12-01-2005, 10:19 AM
i just bought the XT receiver as someone usually has a beacon at the track, saves you a bunch of money ;)

lawman800
12-01-2005, 02:19 PM
XT Ultra-Lap for me. Easy to use and really helps with your riding because you get instant feedback especially if you use the split time feature which breaks down the track in sections so you know where you improved and where you need to improve.