PDA

View Full Version : Just received clearance for getting an '06

gordon gauge
11-28-2005, 08:37 PM
The Boss just cleared me for aquiring a 2006 Tuono (those married guys out there will understand who the "Boss" is).

I have only 8,000 miles on my '04, but that will go to my son and we will have to sell 3 other bikes in the quiver to appease the powers that be. And then the Boss will be able to park her car in the garage, which, by the way, was an excellent bargaining "concession". I did not realize how important that was to her. So, just a word to the wise, that garage parking space can be a very powerful negotiating point.

Now I need to find out who has, or will get, the new Tuono in Southern California. The "clearance" alluded to was given on Sunday and most bike shops down here in San Diego are closed Sun/Mon, so I'm waiting on pins and needles to find out just how long it will be before the '06's will be here. (If the past is any indicator, it will probably be March or April before they get here.........AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Well, at least I have the '04 to keep me comfort..... I think I'll survive....barely.

Please let me know if you have any scoop my Brothers!

Damn, I frikkin' love these bikes. :D GG

If anybody has info on suspected delivery dates, I would be eternally grateful for any tips. :) GG

Beau1K
11-29-2005, 02:32 AM
I heard speculation from a dealer that they won't be here until NEXT October.

kiwifalco
11-29-2005, 03:25 AM
If not Jan. then, so if you want to fly down for a ride on mine more than welcome. :cheers:

clarkie49
11-29-2005, 10:24 AM
I heard speculation from a dealer that they won't be here until NEXT October.

Oh well i guess it sucks to live in California then, we are getting ours 1st quarter ;)

multimoto
11-29-2005, 11:28 AM
The Boss just cleared me for aquiring a 2006 Tuono (those married guys out there will understand who the "Boss" is).

I have only 8,000 miles on my '04, but that will go to my son and we will have to sell 3 other bikes in the quiver to appease the powers that be. And then the Boss will be able to park her car in the garage, which, by the way, was an excellent bargaining "concession". I did not realize how important that was to her. So, just a word to the wise, that garage parking space can be a very powerful negotiating point.

Now I need to find out who has, or will get, the new Tuono in Southern California. The "clearance" alluded to was given on Sunday and most bike shops down here in San Diego are closed Sun/Mon, so I'm waiting on pins and needles to find out just how long it will be before the '06's will be here. (If the past is any indicator, it will probably be March or April before they get here.........AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Well, at least I have the '04 to keep me comfort..... I think I'll survive....barely.

Please let me know if you have any scoop my Brothers!

Damn, I frikkin' love these bikes. :D GG

If anybody has info on suspected delivery dates, I would be eternally grateful for any tips. :) GG

In the mean time are you going to ride your 04' this weekend?

ChicagoFactory
11-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Aaron,

What is the list price for the new 06 Tuonos and the 06 RSVR's with the Ohlins forks? Thanks.

clarkie49
11-29-2005, 12:02 PM
as far as i know TBA but i am out of the 'loop' ;)

gordon gauge
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
A dealer in Los Angeles told me that MSRP is gonna be $12,999.

But if Clarkie don't know then I suspect this guy may be blowin' smoke.

p.s. sorry Josh did not read your post until this morning. Looks like we are going next Sunday, I'll give you a call toward end of week.........

p.p.s. just noticed the "winking" icon on that post...guess you'll let us know when they let you..........

ChicagoFactory
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Well, they listed at $12,499 last year, so if it's $13,000, that's not too bad for a new/updated model.

The Dr.Jon
11-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Already selling here in the UK, but limited stocks until April '06!

However, I won't be getting one. It's like this, remember the Moto Guzzi Le Mans? Of course you do. The first one is still the best and most sought after and that will also be the case with the Tuono, a future classic and a keeper!

:)

ARAIHEAD
11-30-2005, 07:20 AM
DJ, WHAT THE FECKIN HELL IS THAT ? SOME DOSY TW@T HAS PUT THE ENGINE IN THE WRONG WAY ROUND!!!!!!!!!!! :funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

clarkie49
11-30-2005, 09:00 AM

But if Clarkie don't know then I suspect this guy may be blowin' smoke.

nah he could be right, i heard it was a small increase over last years bike. like i said i am out of the loop, i am up to my elbows in Guzzi recalls and the good info i was getting doesnt come as fast now that my source doesnt work for the company any more :bangwall:

Beau1K
11-30-2005, 11:21 PM
What's the story with the Guzzi recalls? My buddy has one...maybe I should tell him to look into it.

clarkie49
12-01-2005, 08:32 AM
if he has a Guzzi he should know about them (letter from MGNA) ;)

Ricky J
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Like most things Aprilia of late, they are...

kiwifalco
12-02-2005, 02:44 AM
..........they're probably just being nasty.Ohh gee, I wonder where the great world of v-twins came from?