PDA

View Full Version : Cycle World Show Jan 20-22 NYC

Jiggla
11-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Anyone planning to attend the Cycle World Show in NYC Jan 20th - 22nd? My brother-in-law & I attended last year, got stuck in a blizzard, & took us 8 hours to drive back to Boston :bond: We still had a good time & hope there is no snow this year :cathat:

- Pete

hank
11-28-2005, 02:58 PM
It gets worse every year - try to go on Friday since the weekend is crazy!

A vendor of mine might be sponsoring an outing so it just might be worth going to....

Jiggla
11-28-2005, 04:55 PM
To avoid the lines purchase tickets here :

http://nyc.motorcycleshows.com/imsnyc/v42/index.cvn?ID=10374

TuonoR6
11-28-2005, 05:40 PM
It's amazing they charge more every year and show doesn't change. What exactly do we get for that money. Besides seeing the new models the manufacturers want to sell. They need a better vendor section and give some real deals since it's the off season. Oh well I'll be there and paying too much and oogle a few bikes, girls, and check out the same video that every stunt group seems to make.

Jiggla
01-05-2006, 11:52 AM
It's almost here. Anyone else going? There is snow on the ground:bond: Waht better than to check out bikes & hot chicks?:cheers:

chrman
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
I'll be there on Friday and I bought the tickets in advance to avoid the line, if there is any.

I heard that Seacoast is there every year.

CarlosT
01-06-2006, 01:14 PM
F_ck that zoo :D

Can you tell that I'm still very bitter that unions in Philly are a greedy buncha f_cks that drove the IMS outta my beloved city years ago? :D

HARDCHARGER
01-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I'll be there on Friday and I bought the tickets in advance to avoid the line, if there is any.

I heard that Seacoast is there every year.

Pete and Chris,
I'm trying to get off work on friday night next week. If I can you guys have to come right past my house. We could hook up and commute into the city together. After all NYC is my Oyster:rolleyes:
We could hit some bars in Hells kitihen after the show, No wait a minute maybe Before and after :cheers:

Clarkie, if you are in town and need any "assistance" give a holler. My guys are out there :gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :gunner:

I'll keep you guys posted :cool:

chrman
01-06-2006, 02:17 PM
...If I can you guys have to come right past my house. We could hook up and commute into the city together...

Louis, as much as I'd love to hook up with ya for extracurricular activities, my trip to NYC for the show will be with the wife who is taking me there for my birthday to go to the show and dinner and a stayover somewhere down there. I'll definitely meet you at the show and hang out with you there, but we're hein' and shein' the rest of the time.

Jiggla
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Pete and Chris,
I'm trying to get off work on friday night next week. If I can you guys have to come right past my house. We could hook up and commute into the city together. After all NYC is my Oyster:rolleyes:
We could hit some bars in Hells kitihen after the show, No wait a minute maybe Before and after :cheers:

Clarkie, if you are in town and need any "assistance" give a holler. My guys are out there :gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :gunner:

I'll keep you guys posted :cool:

Louis,
I'll be heading down to the city on Saturday with my brother-in-law & a few other guys. I don't have the final plans yet but if you want to hit the bars on Saturday let me know & we can work on the details.

- Pete

FalcoLion
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Last year I went there in the middle of the blizzard. My Audi got me there and out of there without any drama. I just had to find the car under the snow when I got out :) . I will definitely be going there and most likely Friday morning if they are open in the morning otherwise Saturday.

TuonoR6 (Ralph???), you said you are going to be paying too much for the stuff so why don't you call me. I doubt that anyone can beat my prices. What exactly are you looking for?

Louis, I am glad that you are healed well and back to be your old self again. You got to get a street bike again by next season so we can ride but safely at that. P.S. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

HARDCHARGER
01-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Louis, as much as I'd love to hook up with ya for extracurricular activities, my trip to NYC for the show will be with the wife who is taking me there for my birthday to go to the show and dinner and a stayover somewhere down there. I'll definitely meet you at the show and hang out with you there, but we're hein' and shein' the rest of the time.

Pete, Chris, Vlad,
Saturday is out for me, if anything it's gonna be Friday.
Happy Birthday Chris !

Louis

HARDCHARGER
01-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Last year I went there in the middle of the blizzard. My Audi got me there and out of there without any drama. I just had to find the car under the snow when I got out :) . I will definitely be going there and most likely Friday morning if they are open in the morning otherwise Saturday.

TuonoR6 (Ralph???), you said you are going to be paying too much for the stuff so why don't you call me. I doubt that anyone can beat my prices. What exactly are you looking for?

Louis, I am glad that you are healed well and back to be your old self again. You got to get a street bike again by next season so we can ride but safely at that. P.S. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

10/4 on a new street bike. I have the BMW for mild mannered street work !
I am looking for another RSV for the street jsut waiting for the right deal.
Happy happy to you and yours ~!

Louis

chrman
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy Birthday Chris !

Louis

Thanks, bro, and keep your eye on the For Sale forum and on eBay for a bike. Also in the dealers for leftovers. A good deal will come along.

john flores
01-08-2006, 11:09 PM
...I'll be wearing an Aprilia cap that I got at the Laguna Seca MotoGP :)

ZeroTwoRSV
01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Just don't know which day, probably Saturday then out for drinks.

ckruzel
01-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I would like to go, but its doubtfull at this point

muamer
01-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Will Aprilia have a stand at the NYC show?:whiner:

Jiggla
01-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Will Aprilia have a stand at the NYC show?:whiner:

Yes, I hear the boys from Rollin Fast will be working the booth & there was a rumor Jesse from Seacoast may also work the booth (if I heard correctly).

muamer
01-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for reply my bro and I will not miss this oportunty
:cheers:

Jony2Stones
01-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Please take plenty of shots.....

Especially of the SXV....:)

Wish I could go this year, the San Jose show was just ass...can't wait to hit up NYC (for the fourth time) next year....

chrman
01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Muamer, I assume your location is Utica, NY. Be sure to check the rides/trackdays forum for rides this summer. Bunch of us get together almost every weekend for rides in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area.

FalcoLion
01-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Muamer, I assume your location is Utica, NY. Be sure to check the rides/trackdays forum for rides this summer. Bunch of us get together almost every weekend for rides in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area.

Yeah, what he said. Its always fun

Jiggla
01-16-2006, 09:04 PM

Wish I could go this year, the San Jose show was just ass...can't wait to hit up NYC (for the fourth time) next year....

I plan on taking a ton of pics. I've got 2 memory cards (1g & 512mb) & 2 batteries for the camera.

Jony2Stones
01-16-2006, 09:41 PM
I plan on taking a ton of pics. I've got 2 memory cards (1g & 512mb) & 2 batteries for the camera.

Cool....:worship:

HARDCHARGER
01-17-2006, 02:15 PM

I'm in brothers !!!!!!!!!
I'll be at the show Friday, cell # 917-939-0055 if anyone would like to meet.

Louis:cheers:

FalcoLion
01-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Louis, its about time. Are you going to be riding beemer or you will get another RSV?

chrman
01-17-2006, 03:03 PM

I'll be there on Friday as well, with the wife. I'll give you a call if I don't find you first.

joeybeppy
01-19-2006, 09:10 AM
My twin boys live in NY, NY, it's my birthday weekend, WTH, I'm in.

Can anyone offer a good/cheap-er place to park my car for the weekend? One of my son's lives one block from the convention center, w/no parking available, so I'll be coming in from Cincinnati and staying in the convention center area... (park in NJ, park west end of NY, it's cheaper at...).

thanks

FalcoLion
01-19-2006, 09:51 AM
My twin boys live in NY, NY, it's my birthday weekend, WTH, I'm in.

Can anyone offer a good/cheap-er place to park my car for the weekend? One of my son's lives one block from the convention center, w/no parking available, so I'll be coming in from Cincinnati and staying in the convention center area... (park in NJ, park west end of NY, it's cheaper at...).

thanks

Ask your son if he knows any Municipal parking in the area. Usually have a limit of something like $20-25 per day. Another solution is to drive over to Brooklyn or Queens and I know there a few Municipal parking lots close to the bridges. NJ might still be very expensive. There is also free parking on or around 8 avenue and 7 Avenues and 24th to 26th street but you will spend a lot of time trying to get a spot. Definitely the cheapest solution to park there for the whole weekend

HARDCHARGER
01-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Louis, its about time. Are you going to be riding beemer or you will get another RSV?
Beemer for now.... looking for another RSV for the street. We have to talk and see if we can coordinate our track days for this season. I will try you on your cell tonight.

lLouis

HARDCHARGER
01-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I'll be there on Friday as well, with the wife. I'll give you a call if I don't find you first.
Cool,
I will be there with my wife and daughter. I still have your cell # .

Louis

hank
01-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Any feedback from the NYC bike show?

chrman
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
The show was good. Saw some nice stuff from MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, and Aprilia, although the color scheme on the '06 RSVR they had there was hideous. The frame was painted a shade of gold even worse than the wheels!! It looked like the Mike Tyson package or something. The SXV and RXV they had there were sweet. Seacoast had not yet made an appearance (it was Friday).

I was drooling all over the yellow/black YZR-M1 on display as well as the KR TZ750 and KR Jr RGV500. One of DuHamel's #1 FX bikes were there. Also on display were Ricky Carmichael's Suzuki and Chad Reed's Yamaha and the Honda XR ridden by Johnny Campbell and co at the Baja 1000. I love looking at that racing stuff.

My wife and I met Louis (Hardcharger) and his family there and we hung out for awhile. We had a great time.

Jiggla
01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
The show was good (a bit crowded) I took about 160 pics. I would post them but I'd never see the light of day trying to resize them all.

HARDCHARGER
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
The show was good. Saw some nice stuff from MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, and Aprilia, although the color scheme on the '06 RSVR they had there was hideous. The frame was painted a shade of gold even worse than the wheels!! It looked like the Mike Tyson package or something. The SXV and RXV they had there were sweet. Seacoast had not yet made an appearance (it was Friday).

I was drooling all over the yellow/black YZR-M1 on display as well as the KR TZ750 and KR Jr RGV500. One of DuHamel's #1 FX bikes were there. Also on display were Ricky Carmichael's Suzuki and Chad Reed's Yamaha and the Honda XR ridden by Johnny Campbell and co at the Baja 1000. I love looking at that racing stuff.

My wife and I met Louis (Hardcharger) and his family there and we hung out for awhile. We had a great time.

:plus: On the new color scheme, really bad. The show was nice and empty on Friday. It was good to see you Chris, my daughter is still talking about the show and the "New friends" she made, you and your wife.
Talk to you soon,

Louis and Family

FalcoLion
01-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey, guys.

Sorry I couldn't make it on Friday. I went there on Saturday and spent around 4 hours with my daughter. I liked the show. It was nice. Unfortunatelly Triumph wasn't there and I wanted to see a new 675. Oh well. I got a bunch of nice pics. Snapped Bimota pictures. It looked really, really good. I doubt I can ever own one. Prices $39K for DB5 and $59K for Tessi :eek: I guess if I had everything else I would get that but I still have to work on getting everything else first :rolleyes:

P.S. Louis, I complemented you how pretty your daughter is before and now I know why. Your wife, besides being a nice person (it a pleasure talking with her whenever I called you), is pretty as well. Beautiful family

HARDCHARGER
01-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks Vlad,
it was good talking to you last week.
Here are a few more pics

Louis

chrman
01-24-2006, 02:09 PM
:plus: On the new color scheme, really bad. The show was nice and empty on Friday. It was good to see you Chris, my daughter is still talking about the show and the "New friends" she made, you and your wife.
Talk to you soon,

Louis and Family

Yeah, Julie couldn't stop talking about your little angel (I'm sure she has her less angelic moments too, but I haven't seen one yet).

Stay in touch for riding and track days...

...and find an RSV for the road!!

salty_scuff
01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I touched the M1, even though it said don't touch. I'm baaad like that!
I liked that new tuono- that nose does not look as ugly as I thought it would.
Man, I wish I checked this thread earlier, I could've met up with some of you guys.

team promotion was there, got me all fired up about trackdays this spring. are any of you guys planning any trips? I havent been to the track since last summer, but next week going to cali to ride some supermoto :happy:

FalcoLion
01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
I am hoping that I can make it this year. Very nice club.

chrman
01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
... are any of you guys planning any trips? I havent been to the track since last summer, but next week going to cali to ride some supermoto :happy:

I'm planning to do the Seacoast track day at Loudon in July and maybe others.

Have fun with supermoto ya lucky bastid!

HARDCHARGER
01-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I touched the M1, even though it said don't touch. I'm baaad like that!
I liked that new tuono- that nose does not look as ugly as I thought it would.
Man, I wish I checked this thread earlier, I could've met up with some of you guys.

team promotion was there, got me all fired up about trackdays this spring. are any of you guys planning any trips? I havent been to the track since last summer, but next week going to cali to ride some supermoto :happy:
I work out of brooklyn, where are you ??

HARDCHARGER
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah, Julie couldn't stop talking about your little angel (I'm sure she has her less angelic moments too, but I haven't seen one yet).

Stay in touch for riding and track days...

...and find an RSV for the road!!

I still have the Beemer for the street, when can meet during the week as we discussed to check out the farm roads in Dutchess County.
I'm reaally hot on doing track days, I hope we can make a few together.
I'll be in touch

Louis

chrman
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm reaally hot on doing track days, I hope we can make a few together...

Yeah, me too - I've fitted up some sliders and am looking for some track plastic. WOOHOO!!!

:peace:

FalcoLion
01-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Salty lives in Park Slope (somewhat close to downtown Brooklyn).

Davenet
01-28-2006, 02:30 PM

Jony2,

If you are already back in NH, Seacoast has the SXV at the NECS in Salem today & tomorrow. Just came back from getting oil from SC with the kids. Jim said it was bad-ass, but sans computer to make the good noises. I'm guessing that it may still be at the shop on Tuesday after the show as well. I wasn't willing to take the kids the other five miles down there to see it & loose what hair I have left chasing them around while I was trying to focus on that.

Jiggla
01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Jony2,

If you are already back in NH, Seacoast has the SXV at the NECS in Salem today & tomorrow. Just came back from getting oil from SC with the kids. Jim said it was bad-ass, but sans computer to make the good noises. I'm guessing that it may still be at the shop on Tuesday after the show as well. I wasn't willing to take the kids the other five miles down there to see it & loose what hair I have left chasing them around while I was trying to focus on that.

I must have just missed you. I left Seacoast around 3 then took a quick walk through the Rockingham show. The SXV is cool but don't waste the $13 for the admission.

Here's a quick shot from NY

Davenet
01-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the 411. I forgot all about the show until I got to SC. Are you policing yet?? I've got something for you, Aaron, Jessie and Ryan to try out. (The other reason I went to SC). Just got a 2001 XR400r before new years & now have it all studed up for the ice. I'll touch base with you the next time we are headed out. It is unbelievable fun great practice for the off season.

Jony2Stones
01-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately I won't be back until late-March/early-April.

I do wish I could stop by though, it'd be great to get some time to see the bike upclose...

Jony2,

Jiggla
01-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the 411. I forgot all about the show until I got to SC. Are you policing yet?? I've got something for you, Aaron, Jessie and Ryan to try out. (The other reason I went to SC). Just got a 2001 XR400r before new years & now have it all studed up for the ice. I'll touch base with you the next time we are headed out. It is unbelievable fun great practice for the off season.

Not yet. Hopefully I'll have a job by April in Manch-vegas. I heard tey are hiring 15 new cops.