PDA

View Full Version : Check out my RS50

Premium_Rider
11-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Hey whatís up everyone, I got this bike a not to long ago second hand, and it was my duty as teh Mad Scientist to hook up the piece of crap lol. Now the performance of the bike was great, but the visuals of the bike were just trashy, I don't even think the bike was even washed before. Well I striped the bike down and began work, I designed a paint scheme the i liked and started searching for parts and replacement parts. Since the I striped the bike down, I found all the lil problems and fixed them. then i sent my parts to chrome, got the spray job done, ordered aftermarket parts, and there you go, The Mad Scientist aka. Premium rider has brought the Junk to the bike with pure funk lol. Mind you, the bike isnít quite done, I still have more things to chrome and decals to place. Also in the summer Iíll focus my work to pure performance on the bike. Well tell me what you think everyone, I'm open to criticism.

http://tinypic.com/hvrolj.jpg
http://tinypic.com/hvrqth.jpg
http://tinypic.com/hvrrjk.jpg
http://tinypic.com/hvrtxj.jpg

samRS
11-27-2005, 03:28 PM
i think it looks really good mate!:plus:

VickersUK
11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
I think it looks a bit crap because:

The stand guard is just randomly a different colour
Why did you paint the triangles on the fairings?
the rear end looks as though you were trying to imitate the look of the extrema look bike where the panel seems to 'hug' the underseat panels
The front numberboard would be good if it didnt go under the headlamp, that makes it look naf and shit and unprofessional

just my opinion

Premium_Rider
11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
.......... I think ya on drugs partner. (VickersUK)

luke
11-27-2005, 04:24 PM
i think it looks great matey!

joemarsh2004
11-27-2005, 04:45 PM
yer i think it looks gd, i like the white scheme on the rear seat and the head light

stonedoncalpol
11-27-2005, 04:59 PM
think it looks prety sweet. but vickers is right about the stand guard and triangles, and for gods sake man sort them indicators out.

Davido
11-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm open to criticism.

Are you now? I'd call Vicekrs' opinion criticism in my opinion.

Anyway, the bike looks great and the stand guard is not a different colour, there's a little thing called a shadow in the pic. The headlight bit looks good too, breaks up the colours nicely and the whole thing looks really well done. I like the stripe down the middle, it reminds me of my tank. :)

Are you planning to put any graphics on it at all? I wouldn't personally because I think it looks great as it is.

VickersUK
11-27-2005, 05:14 PM
the stand guard is white, the fairing is red, to me that is a different colour, not a shadows :rolleyes:

Davido
11-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah but some parts of the seat cowl are white. OMFG NOES!

I thought you meant it was a different white when compared to the other white parts. It would look worse if it were all red, the white breaks up the colours, makes it look less boring.

VickersUK
11-27-2005, 06:11 PM
having a white standguard is definatly the worst thing on the bike. you cant say that the standguard breaks up the colour as its all red on the otherside as there is no stand guard.

if you got rid of the white under the headlamp, used sharper lines on the rear white outline i think it would improve it

KnoT
11-27-2005, 06:39 PM
I think it looks sweet. :)

minxymears
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
dont listen to davido (nothin personal m8!!!) get it stickered up! numbers on the white bits of the tail, and front numberboard would look sweet, white aprilia on the belly pan (has to be done its trademark!!!) and whatever else takes your fancy, but gotta agree, red stand guard an red triangular air intakes would look better IMO, oh and reccomendations, polished / chromed lips on the edge of the wheels would look way cool

Steve / AF1 Racing
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I like it, it is a well done RS 50.

I hope that you get a lot of reliable miles out of it.

FrigidRS50
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
f*king sweet man the rear hugger needs a little life though but i love the triangles on the tappered air vents i think that is one of the nicer touches i was planning on doing myself

my only criticism is the the strange horizontal spikes of white coming off the tail under the seat they look a little unfinished and unprofessional

Tybersk8er
11-28-2005, 12:58 AM
I really like it, looks a little unfinished tho. I really think you need some aprilia graphics. Just a lion or two (the white bit above the headlight is a little boring). But great job!!!:peace: