PDA

View Full Version : I just love trackdays!

agkrei478
11-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I work at a bike shop where the employees are pretty much divided evenly between dirt riders and street riders and I'm the only guy who does the occasional trackday and/or race. One of my co-workers told me that he had always wanted to try a trackday so I figured that I'd help him out. Now this guy is a well above average hare scrambles racer so I thought he would do well(most off-road riders do).
I booked both of us for an STT trackday at jennings gp track in Fl. for 11/13. I was going to be riding in the intermediate group while my co-worker was going to take the novice group and classroom sessions. We were both using my racebike as he didn't have a bike of his own.
I'm happy to say that Scott(the co-worker) suprised me throughout the day. He wasn't quite able to get his knee down that day but his braking points and corner speed were fairly impressive for someone that has never ridden on a paved track before.
We had a great time, there were no crashes and now he's apparently hooked. He's on the lookout for a race prepped bike to buy at the start of the year so he can hit the track more often next year! Is that cool or what?
Can you say convert? :cool:
Greg

Reckless_Kelly
11-26-2005, 10:29 PM
What bike were you on. I was there both days in Intermediate and then Advanced. I was on the Mille R #245.

agkrei478
11-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Bike number is 478, black sv650 with a blue tank.
Greg

Steve Hunt
11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I just took a co-worker to his first track day this past Saturday. We use to ride dirt bikes together before I switched 4-5 years ago. He has still been riding dirt but recently added a SV1000 as his first street bike. He did well as I expected...we'll see if he is hooked.

Steve Hunt

agkrei478
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Scott has been scouring the cycle trader and ebay daily looking for a ride since 2 weeks ago. He's also been eyeballing a KTM 525 smr that we have at the shop. Although the KTM is cool and I would like to have one I'm trying to discourage him on that one. I feel that a streetbike first would be a little more versatile since we don't only go to relatively short tracks.
Greg