PDA

View Full Version : Mojito 150 Starting Problem

technician
11-24-2005, 09:13 AM
My 150 always started within ~3 seconds, then after parking overnight it one night it suddenly didn't want to start. It took 3 tries and a cracked throttle to get it going and the symptom hasn't gone away. Another problem is the idle is unstable. Once it's warmed up, no trouble except idle. It runs perfect at any speed. No loss of power etc. These (2) problems occurred at the same time and are still there. Any ideas?

Thanks

damnfunkyhabana
11-24-2005, 01:38 PM
sounds like an auto choke problem

cant really say much else, once they fuk up thats it :cool:

damnfunkyhabana
11-24-2005, 05:02 PM
or the valves might need adjusting

technician
11-27-2005, 07:32 AM
I think you were right, the auto choke. It reads 38.4 ohms and spec says 25-30. It's been getting better and I've leaned back out to near normal on the idle jet. I've only got 500mi on it, so I'll let the dealer take care of it.

What do you think of the PM63SS Pipe? They say no jetting required and I'll make a significant power gain at higher rpms without losing the low end. It's pricey in US $450USD

damnfunkyhabana
11-27-2005, 02:22 PM
well worth it just to get rid of the fugly rusty stock pipe

ive had mine about five years now with no probs

you dont have to rejet, you get about 5 mph on top end speed and it sounds...................... well errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

i spose like a 600 or something :p:

add the 190 kit and the malossi multivar youll get an idicated 75 no probs :peace: