PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak.

VickersUK
11-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Ok, have not investigated yet and want to know your thoughts before I start working this afternoon in the FREEZING cold weather. I have a petrol leak I can't fix without replacing the carburettor body as I threaded a screw once, had to tap it and rushed the job, had to seal the edges with supeglue (its the small petrol cap piece on the left side).

So I come out of college after riding in fine. Quite a significant leak obviously from my bike and its BLACK, no definate smell to it either and not that thick viscosity so I doubt its actualyl oil, what the hell is this?

I rode it home and it was fine still, my thoughts are that its dirty petrol like when you take your carb off and theres some of the shit petrol in the rim if you know what I mean. But it was quite a big leak though!

Not looking forward to spending my afternoon outside!!! Its half 11 and its still foggy!

SpikeR
11-21-2005, 08:29 AM
well heres the chances.

Oil leak from loose sumplug, OR seals and gasskets on gearbox, this could be 2 stroke pump, waterpump, selector shaft seals.

If its the carb, where abouts on the carb? it could be fuel just getting gunked up as it goes down the fairing etc which is ussualy covered in black crap off the road ?

airbox? is your bike backfiring fuel into the airbox?

Spike

VickersUK
11-21-2005, 10:04 AM
If its the carb, where abouts on the carb? it could be fuel just getting gunked up as it goes down the fairing etc which is ussualy covered in black crap off the road?

correct mate, i put it on the paddock stand with a drain underneath and it turn out jsut to be petrol, my guess is its just shit on the pavement and fairing that turned it black!

Law
11-21-2005, 02:49 PM
that and the fact that the ice on the bike and round it will also run down the engine with the fuel and dirt/greese/oil from round the engine and add to it