PDA

View Full Version : so where is all the new product in Milan?

Rossifumi
11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow... another year of BOLD NEW GRAPHICS. That is just fucking exciting.

I am getting tired of celebrating the SXV and MXV. We don't even have the bike, so what is the point? How many times is there going to be a press release/party about the supermoto bike and how cool it is? Everybody knows.

And what about the future of Aprilia road motorcycles? Sure we all know about the big future and all the money they have committed... but what does it look like. Ducati showed us with their Hypermotard. Now it is Aprilia's turn.

SHOW ME THE METAL.

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 12:27 PM
And to think I'd been looking forward to Milan for months...the days couldn't go fast enough! Like you, my disappointment is extreme at this point.

The next Piaggio guy who talks about X new Aprilia models, or promises a superbike team before the millenium's out...may he sleep with the fishes.

2cats
11-16-2005, 12:54 PM
If I had predicted this (and I could have), many would have denounced me for more negativity, so I can't tell anyone "I told you so" now. Let's just say that I'm not at all surprised that Piaggio's "deep pockets" have yet to produce any positive changes for me as a US Aprilia owner. It may yet happen, but I still refulse to let myself get excited about it.

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Just a few short weeks ago an Aprilia spokesman in Italy stated that their Paris Show introductions (new Tuono, SXV/RXV, Pegaso Trail) were but the tip of an iceberg and what they'd reveal at Milan would be even more impressive. You'd like to think he would not make such a public comment that ends up being utter foolishness, but unless they "throw down" something unexpected at the eleventh hour his remarks will be precisely that.

Perhaps my calibration phase for Piaggio management credibility is not yet complete.

Rossifumi
11-16-2005, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ricky J]but unless they "throw down" something unexpected at the eleventh hour his remarks will be precisely that.[QUOTE]

I guess it is still possible, but I just feel deflated and saddened. At least show me a sketch of a possible version of something. Anything to keep me interested in Aprilia. I am getting tired of waiting. I have waited 18 months for an MXV/SXV, and I still don't even have a legitimate date. 18 months! That is almost a product lifecycle! I don't want to wait anymore.

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Getting tired too.

How's this for irony? On the day of the Aprilia dealer convention, I've been asked to help orchestrate a Ducati demo day up north.

I said alright.

hank
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
That is almost a product lifecycle! I don't want to wait anymore.

Too bad there are no KTM dealers nearby... or should I say near 'buy'....

Bill in OKC
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Perhaps my calibration phase for Piaggio management credibility is not yet complete.

LOL - interesting, I think your [N+1] formula is still accurate. hilarious :plus:

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
How did his saying go, "what is essential is invisible to the eye"?

Hopefully the new RSV06 gets a performance increase that goes way WAY beyond its light styling make-over. At this moment there's next to no chatter about it on the other boards...have never seen such new model malaise before.

I'm hopeful that at least some of what we write gets back to the Piaggio bigwigs attending the dealer convention in Denver next weekend. Like O'Reilly says, "You are entering the no spin zone!"

paddyz1
11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
How many of you are going or have been to Milan? What have you read about it?
Give it a chance as it only started today. Let us wait to hear the reports before we start slating Aprilia
I am going this saturday and i will be taking my camera with me.

Aprilia was a no show at the N.E.C this year but that may have been down to costs, and i hear that the cost of a small stall was approx £9000. I think Aprilia and all the other Italian manufacturers will put on a good show on their own turf

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
At www.aprilia.com's Italian site there's a place where people cast votes on which new Milan Show Aprilia most impresses them. After 377 votes, the figures:

RS125, 60%

RSV Factory, 17%

Scarabeo 500, 14%

RSV1000R, 9%

At this point, neither a recount nor runoff seems necessary. I project the winner to be the RS125.

Rossifumi
11-16-2005, 05:54 PM
My vote went for the Scarabeo. Here are the latest standings. Looks like the 125 is the clear winner.

Vote the best Aprilia novelty at EICMA

Scarabeo 500 14% ( 57 )

RS 125 59% ( 237 )

RSV 1000 R 9% ( 36 )

RSV 1000 R Factory 18% ( 70 )

Kiwi_M5
11-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Apart from what is written in MCN about the 06 model (which incidently, in parts is exactly what was written when the 04 was released), I came across this.

Aprilia are still pushing the SBK theme, but appears that they are now hoping for a 1200cc V along with Ducati ???? And they might be back in the SBK paddock in 06? That can only mean that they have a production version of something competitive ready to go now.

Not sure if the write-up is word for word, or translated so possibly open for interpretation, but it further reinforces the views expressed here that WE HAVE NO FRIGGIN IDEA :(

A few days to go so perhaps they are trying some unique marketing by trumping everyone towards the end of the show, but in the meantime, all I can see is two RSV's with new uglier plastic/graphics and less to distinguish the two models helping confuse Aprilia's target market some more.

At least in the car world you can plan your purchases a couple of years in advance (for the sportier cars that is).

oops. the link is http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/apriliaoffroad.htm

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Aprilia will return to SBK in 2006 with a motor of unspecified layout and unrivaled power. Riders will be Valentino Rossi and Mat Mladin, with a third bike possibly for Shane Byrne. Apparently Rossi was using the Ferrari F-1 tests to throw people off of what he was REALLY up to. You heard it here first!

Say, do you think it's time for an Aprilia rumor embargo?

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
The new face behind Aprilia's doomsday machine SBK arrives not from pedestrian engineering disciplines like motorcycle R & D, but a government thinktank like The Bland Corporation.

Dr. Merkwürdigeliebe not only brings expertise in devices which dwarf an entire MotoGP field in power- or a season's worth even- he brings his strategic acumen to the table. There are other ways to defeat market adversaries that go beyond mere ad copy and Bold New Graphics! The Good Doctor has that singular ability, and the will to use it.

I know I shouldn't be telling you all this, but you're good guys and have the right to know.

Kiwi_M5
11-16-2005, 07:12 PM
:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

:peace:

Used Falco
11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
The new Aprilia WSBK entry in testing guise

SportsCenter
11-16-2005, 07:31 PM
The new face behind Aprilia's doomsday machine SBK arrives not from pedestrian engineering disciplines like motorcycle R & D, but a government thinktank like The Bland Corporation.

Dr. Merkwürdigeliebe not only brings expertise in devices which dwarf an entire MotoGP field in power- or a season's worth even- he brings his strategic acumen to the table. There are other ways to defeat market adversaries that go beyond mere ad copy and Bold New Graphics! The Good Doctor has that singular ability, and the will to use it.

I know I shouldn't be telling you all this, but you're good guys and have the right to know.

I better recalibrate the crm114...

Bolts16
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
The new Aprilia WSBK entry in testing guise

Me thinks Sete is going to be in even more trouble if Valentino decides to go shoulder-to-shoulder with him again at the first round in 2006? (Hillarious pic, UF)!

Used Falco
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Me thinks Sete is going to be in even more trouble if Valentino decides to go shoulder-to-shoulder with him again at the first round in 2006? (Hillarious pic, UF)!

Yeah, I thought this thing was a hoot the first time I saw it. When Ricky did that sendup of an Aprilia WSBK team including Vale, well, I just had to drag this thing out.

Ricky J
11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Under the keen guidance of Dr. Merkwurdigeliebe's leather-gloved hand, it was thought that Aprilia would have a stronger voice in the creation of new MotoGP and SBK rules.

What nobody expected is just how soon this would happen! With immediate effect HRC's Mr. Kanazawa has resigned as MSMA president, ceding the spot to Dr. M. Before his hasty departure Kanazawa-san passed legislation that mandates all four-stroke GP machines must add 100 pounds of ballast to their wheels, and allows the introduction of 750cc two-strokes from Aprilia. When asked what cylinder count these strokers could run, the HRC man shouted "as many as you'd like" then scurried off. It really IS amazing what having the right people and the right know-how can do for your programs!

Mystery Project: is Aprilia going to now chase land speed records as well? This strange contraption was seen at the factory, it is thought to possibly be some sort of Bonneville streamliner though I'd like to reserve judgement on that until all the facts are in!

"Very powerful!" is all the man in a white labcoat would say. A bright new dawn in Aprilia history is ahead!

clarkie49
11-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Apart from what is written in MCN about the 06 model (which incidently, in parts is exactly what was written when the 04 was released), I came across this.

Aprilia are still pushing the SBK theme, but appears that they are now hoping for a 1200cc V along with Ducati ???? And they might be back in the SBK paddock in 06? That can only mean that they have a production version of something competitive ready to go now.[/url]

MCN also said the RSV450 was coming...... :rolleyes:

Bolts16
11-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I thought this thing was a hoot the first time I saw it. When Ricky did that sendup of an Aprilia WSBK team including Vale, well, I just had to drag this thing out.

I suppose between you and Ricky the "Blue Fame" will be brought out of mothballs before the '06 season! Very good...(I needed a good laugh. Work has not been too good this week). Oh, and if the Blue Flame is not available, will the Green Hornet's car be brought out? :funnypost

2whlgeezer
11-17-2005, 01:43 AM
MCN also said the RSV450 was coming...... :rolleyes:
...and the tooth fairy is bringing parts for my Falco. She'll be riding in the sleigh with Santa, so I know they'll be here for Christmas.

OK. OK. I know I am really negative on Aprilia, but how much more can we take???????? I really like my Falco, but jeeeeeez, how about some support for the customers Piaggio? Maybe even a decent (cough cough) dealer that'll keep the line for more than 6 months within a hundred miles or so?

vito
11-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Under the keen guidance of Dr. Merkwurdigeliebe's leather-gloved hand, it was thought that Aprilia would have a stronger voice in the creation of new MotoGP and SBK rules.

What nobody expected is just how soon this would happen! With immediate effect HRC's Mr. Kanazawa has resigned as MSMA president, ceding the spot to Dr. M. Before his hasty departure Kanazawa-san passed legislation that mandates all four-stroke GP machines must add 100 pounds of ballast to their wheels, and allows the introduction of 750cc two-strokes from Aprilia. When asked what cylinder count these strokers could run, the HRC man shouted "as many as you'd like" then scurried off. It really IS amazing what having the right people and the right know-how can do for your programs!

Mystery Project: is Aprilia going to now chase land speed records as well? This strange contraption was seen at the factory, it is thought to possibly be some sort of Bonneville streamliner though I'd like to reserve judgement on that until all the facts are in!

"Very powerful!" is all the man in a white labcoat would say. A bright new dawn in Aprilia history is ahead!

with a spirit of bold curiosity.

The Fixer
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Alright Ricky...what's in that cigar your smoking? :funnypost

Used Falco
11-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I suppose between you and Ricky the "Blue Fame" will be brought out of mothballs before the '06 season! Very good...(I needed a good laugh. Work has not been too good this week). Oh, and if the Blue Flame is not available, will the Green Hornet's car be brought out? :funnypost

And you guys thought Aprilia had abandoned bleeding edge technology to the Japs

Smoke Eater
11-17-2005, 09:14 AM
It seems that the choir has turned on the preacher here.

I have to agree. How many times did we hear, "just wait until 2006". People supposedly in the know kept hinting at exciting new products for next year. There's nothing like disappointing the loyal customer base. I used to be one of the cool kids and known to be a true Aprilia fan. I'm starting to feel kind of stupid about it now.

On the bright side, if Aprilia goes tits up then we'll all have collectable exotics (without parts support).

I'm going shopping this winter and its too bad that I won't be buying another Aprilia. I really like Seacoast but there's nothing there I want.

If anyone at Aprilia is listening, I would have a tough time chosing between a Blue Marlin, MGS-01, and a RSV450. :bangwall: For Christ's sake, put the 450 engine in the Blue Marlin chassis! Do something!

Ricky J
11-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Smoke Eater, it seemed appropriate to wait until '06 just to give Piaggio a little time to assemble a game plan.

They haven't entirely botched the opening kickoff, there IS a new Tuono for next year, but their starting field position is pretty poor! If U.S. dealers return from tomorrow's meeting with solid and positive feeling regarding Piaggio's business plan then we'll call that a first down.

Retain possession and move the ball, Piaggio, let's get the fans back in this game.

john flores
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Triumph
Daytona 675
Scrambler
Total: 2

BMW
R1200S
F800S/ST
K1200GT
Total: 3

Ducati
S4RS
SportClassics (3)
Total: 4

Aprilia
RS125
Tuono
Pegaso Strada
RXV/SXV

So maybe Aprilia had the hype machine turned up a little too high, but they're producing new bikes at a pretty decent clip.

Ricky J
11-17-2005, 01:07 PM
RS125 is not coming Stateside, correct? Over here we're back down to three...and nearly sixty percent at Milan reckoned that baby RS was the most impressive bike on Aprilia's stand.

Yes, Good Grief Charlie Brown!

The Chicken Or The Egg Dept: which comes first, exciting products or a dealer network?

BigMac
11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Triumph
Daytona 675
Scrambler

BMW
R1200S
F800S/ST
K1200GT
Total: 3

Ducati
S4RS
SportClassics (3)

Aprilia
RS125
Tuono
Pegaso Strada
RXV/SXV

So maybe Aprilia had the hype machine turned up a little too high, but they're producing new bikes at a pretty decent clip.

You left out Ducati's showstopping Hypermotard "concept" model. If Pierre is so stupid as to not produce that bike, Ducati deserves to go tit's up. That bike is AWESOME!

Then what about all of the new KTM's including their response to BMW's overhyped, overpriced HP2, The SuperEnduro 950. Best looking bike at show...other than the HyperMotard.

The new Tuono already looks old and outdated. While Piaggio delays delivery of the SVX, KTM and Ducati introduce gorgeous cutting edge european bikes. Maybe by 2010 Aprilia will have a production SXV released with a torquey 750cc V-twin...that is if they are still in existance. Too bad Polaris didn't buy Aprilia instead of partnering with KTM, at least we may actually have viable product available and fresher designs.

RinOz
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
but I don't think that swing-arm looks up to the task :confused:

john flores
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM
RS125 is not coming Stateside, correct? Over here we're back down to three...and nearly sixty percent at Milan reckoned that baby RS was the most impressive bike on Aprilia's stand.

Yes, Good Grief Charlie Brown!

That's only because the RXV/RSV was revealed to the public a while ago. If it had been launched at Milan, it would have been the toast of the town and probably outpointed the RS125.

Yes, it's a pity that the RS125 isn't coming stateside, but it would purely a niche bike and prolly only sell by the dozens - to 2-stroke trackday maniacs. And even then the 2-stroke trackday maniacs (myself included) would probably lean towards the more performance-focused Honda RS125. Too bad there's not tiered licensing to drive demand.

The Chicken Or The Egg Dept: which comes first, exciting products or a dealer network?

Good question. I hope that Aprilia is doing both, launching just enough new products to keep everyone outside of this forum interested ;) while fixing their dealer network and parts supply chain.

And maybe I'm not being too hard on Aprilia/Piaggio because I'm still on my honeymoon with my '04 RSV-R. :cathat:

half full...

john flores
11-17-2005, 06:30 PM
You left out Ducati's showstopping Hypermotard "concept" model. If Pierre is so stupid as to not produce that bike, Ducati deserves to go tit's up. That bike is AWESOME!

Then what about all of the new KTM's including their response to BMW's overhyped, overpriced HP2, The SuperEnduro 950. Best looking bike at show...other than the HyperMotard.

The new Tuono already looks old and outdated. While Piaggio delays delivery of the SVX, KTM and Ducati introduce gorgeous cutting edge european bikes. Maybe by 2010 Aprilia will have a production SXV released with a torquey 750cc V-twin...that is if they are still in existance. Too bad Polaris didn't buy Aprilia instead of partnering with KTM, at least we may actually have viable product available and fresher designs.

I left KTM out on purpose because they are launching tons of new products. And they are even leaving things back in the shop, like their v-twin superbike, and their MotoGP engine....

I still contend that, excluding KTM, Aprilia is launching new product surprisingly well considering their circumstances, and in line with other small manufacturers....

others:

Buell
Ulysses
CityX

Moto Guzzi
Norge
Total: 1

MV Agusta
just special editions

Benelli
They're in worse shape than Aprilia!

still half full,

BigMac
11-17-2005, 07:22 PM
but I don't think that swing-arm looks up to the task :confused:

Appears to be same swingarm used on every EXC, MXC, Adventure, SM and Duke model they have produced for last 5 years. In fact its the same arm that has won 6 straight Dakar titles...or at least it appears to be.

It may not look original or unique, relatively speaking, but their bikes still look great, go like crazy and they don't spend alot of budget creating unique swingarms for each low production run. Less R&D costs, lower wherehousing/inventory costs w/o any compromise in performance. Aprilia-Piaggio would do well to learn from KTM.

BigMac
11-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I left KTM out on purpose because they are launching tons of new products. And they are even leaving things back in the shop, like their v-twin superbike, and their MotoGP engine....

I still contend that, excluding KTM, Aprilia is launching new product surprisingly well considering their circumstances, and in line with other small manufacturers....

others:

Buell
Ulysses
CityX

Moto Guzzi
Norge
Total: 1

MV Agusta
just special editions

Benelli
They're in worse shape than Aprilia!

still half full,

Didn't MV show the high performance Brutale 910R at Milan? I suppose technically that is a "special edition" of an existing, albeit relatively new model but it's more than a simple cosmetic "upgrade" like the Ago, Mamba....

Heck for Buell to introduce 2 models in a single year...that's revolutionary for anything connected to HD. I bet they introduced at least 5 lines of apparel to go with those bikes :rolleyes:

rainh8r
11-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Piaggio was almost broke when it bought Aprilia and only ended up with it because the Italian government wanted an Italian owner of such a large entity in Italy. They don't have the money to do much of anything, really. they first Killed the real 2006 Guzzi, the MGS-01, and sold all the 4-valve parts to a scrapper in Italy. Then they fail to deliver any new product in either line. the new Guzzi tourer may make it here someday, but when? The company has stated that it plans on focusing on it's "heritage" line (Guzzi) so it can capitalize on the Harley-type wave. Too late, too little, too bad. Remember that the '04 Mille was started in '99, so a new design is probably not soon. The dealer relations have been miserable since Piaggo and they don't seem to have any direction in the US. One of the main reasons I bought an Aprilia is because I wanted a bike that was designed and built by people that were passionate about their product, and having a single owner created much of that. The spark here is gone, and Piaggio is now discovering how expensive it is to do business in the US with second-rate support and an aging product line. This isn't Italy, and the company is expected to perform as well as the vehicle. Piaggo isn't doing that. I'm looking forward to hearing from some dealers that attended the show and conferences.

Ricky J
11-17-2005, 10:27 PM
rainh8r, your post brings to mind what somebody said prior to the takeover- basically, be careful what you wish for (Piaggio succeeding in its takeover bid) because that company is about numbers and volume, not passion. Alot of opinions were bandied about a year ago but it is that particular one which worries me today. The prospects for an Italian company that forgets- or never knew - what passion, excitement, and emotion are can never make it because people will not pay a premium for products without them.

This week will be an eye opener for those with vision to see. To the new owners and management, welcome to the Big League! You're getting your ass handed to you at home, but don't dwell too long on the score 'cause there's time left on the clock.

We need a comeback, and a big one.

john flores
11-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Piaggio was almost broke when it bought Aprilia and only ended up with it because the Italian government wanted an Italian owner of such a large entity in Italy. They don't have the money to do much of anything, really.

Where did you get your financial info for Piaggio from? Hoovers reports that in 2004 Piaggio had nearly $1.5 billion in revenue, 19.3% greater than the year before.

john flores
11-17-2005, 11:35 PM
rainh8r, your post brings to mind what somebody said prior to the takeover- basically, be careful what you wish for (Piaggio succeeding in its takeover bid) because that company is about numbers and volume, not passion. Alot of opinions were bandied about a year ago but it is that particular one which worries me today. The prospects for an Italian company that forgets- or never knew - what passion, excitement, and emotion are can never make it because people will not pay a premium for products without them.

...that Piaggio is as cold and calculating and dispassionate in its decision making as Texas Pacific Group was when they took over Ducati in '96. With an infusion of capital and some fiscal responsibility, Ducati was able to rebuild the brand based on a couple of iconic bikes - the 916 and Monster.

Ducati has proven that passion and fiscal responsibility are not mutually exclusive concepts. In fact, I'd hypothesize that they both need to be present for continued, sustainable success.

Italijet
11-17-2005, 11:55 PM
This isn't Italy, and the company is expected to perform as well as the vehicle. Piaggo isn't doing that. I'm looking forward to hearing from some dealers that attended the show and conferences.

They will be glad that the US isn't Italy - Get it wrong in Italy and you wake up next to a horses head, or worse - swimming in a concrete life jacket :happy:
Give the Guys a chance, The company that they bought resembled a clapped out oldsmobile with Foose Wheels. It will take a while to get the package back together and running smooth. The Support network will take a few months to catch up with the outstanding product.

It's gonna get better, Piaggio hear what's being said - AF1 have been welcomed to the fold, that wouldn't have happened if the bosses hadn't heard that they need the techical support of top class wrenches in their dealerships.

Unfortunately not everyone has the experience, ability and technical aptitude of the guys at Seacoast, AF1, Arron Clarke etc. It seems a lot of dealers thought: Ohlins + Carbon Fibre + great design + thick 'murricans = $$$$$$$, so they sold the product and you got screwed on the service.

So you don't want to take time to find a half decent wrench or learn to do it yourself (I bet you don't even heat up your TV dinners - Thats what McD's, Taco Bell, the Hut etc are for - Right ?). Then my friend, your just gonna continue to get shafted at every opportunity. Just don't blame the manufacturer for the unscrupulous dealerships. Go out there start your own dealership, Give the service that you'd expect, put in YOUR quality control on the sales and service floors. You'll find that Aprilia don't ship a bad product.

I have a couple of good mechanics, They are not from an Aprillia dealership, but they are good, and I trust them. Having Raced (track and field) I know enough to spot a bad wrench from the good (I learned from experience). I've never had a problem with any bike since these guys took over the maintenance.

sorry for the rant and ramble, but I couldn't help it.

kiwifalco
11-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Where did you get your financial info for Piaggio from? Hoovers reports that in 2004 Piaggio had nearly $1.5 billion in revenue, 19.3% greater than the year before.
.............without the plan & smarts to manage it.Thats just a number that could very well mean that the company broke even or the accountant gets his bonus for hiding the deficit.None of this is fact, just some of many ways it could have been. :cheers:

kiwifalco
11-18-2005, 01:34 AM
They will be glad that the US isn't Italy - Get it wrong in Italy and you wake up next to a horses head, or worse - swimming in a concrete life jacket :happy:
Give the Guys a chance, The company that they bought resembled a clapped out oldsmobile with Foose Wheels. It will take a while to get the package back together and running smooth. The Support network will take a few months to catch up with the outstanding product.

It's gonna get better, Piaggio hear what's being said - AF1 have been welcomed to the fold, that wouldn't have happened if the bosses hadn't heard that they need the techical support of top class wrenches in their dealerships.

Unfortunately not everyone has the experience, ability and technical aptitude of the guys at Seacoast, AF1, Arron Clarke etc. It seems a lot of dealers thought: Ohlins + Carbon Fibre + great design + thick 'murricans = $$$$$$$, so they sold the product and you got screwed on the service.

So you don't want to take time to find a half decent wrench or learn to do it yourself (I bet you don't even heat up your TV dinners - Thats what McD's, Taco Bell, the Hut etc are for - Right ?). Then my friend, your just gonna continue to get shafted at every opportunity. Just don't blame the manufacturer for the unscrupulous dealerships. Go out there start your own dealership, Give the service that you'd expect, put in YOUR quality control on the sales and service floors. You'll find that Aprilia don't ship a bad product.

I have a couple of good mechanics, They are not from an Aprillia dealership, but they are good, and I trust them. Having Raced (track and field) I know enough to spot a bad wrench from the good (I learned from experience). I've never had a problem with any bike since these guys took over the maintenance.

sorry for the rant and ramble, but I couldn't help it.

........for the last two mths I have been seriously trying to buy a bike (Aprilia) here in Oz & it really is quite hard when the passion & bullshit from the dealers are not quite where they should be.It's got to the point that I'm seriously considering a Duc but I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on this as the Apes in my blood to the point of no matter how shiny & red that 999 is it aint no Aprilia.I know that the Duc dealers have there own little idiosyncrasies but at least the backups there.Of all the dealers that I spoke to over the ph. only 2 out of 9 got back to me about buying a Tuono Racing.All the Duc boys got back to me.From what I hear it's the same in America, so when I hear 'so what' I think 'so no wonder'.As an afterthought I might get lucky at the Sydney M/cycle show tommorrow. :cheers:

FORZA
11-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Std. Tuono is all you will get. No R or Factory spec. bikes are left. No '06 Tuono Factory has been mentioned yet.
From memory only 2-3 new RSV-RF bikes are left.

Not trying to be a smartarse, but if 2 dealers rang back would you not give them your business then????

Dave.

kiwifalco
11-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Was looking for the market & feedback to see what I could get on a tradein.Basically got a bad taste that rocked me for a while.No insult taken, :cheers:

rainh8r
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I am, however, watching to see how they proceed from here. They are at an important point in their history. Decisions made now will determine whether they do permanent damage to their customer base and dealer network. Soliciting for new dealers isn't easy when the current ones are dropping out, and trying to rebuild customer confidence is even harder, especially with some very attractive alternatives out there. Ducati did succeed in rebuilding their line, but not by staying with a stagnant product line and poor service. I decided to get out of the business before Duc was bought up, and the improvements made by TPG were huge. It didn't happen overnight but it did begin with changing the sales and parts systems. It wasn't all good (remember the Lifestyle stores?), but the product and the passion of the people involved kept it going the right way. The key here is to have the right people with the money to make it work. Piaggio was hit by the scooter downturn as hard as Aprilia. Their offer was decried by the bank receivers as being not substantial enough and was rejected to begin with. Most of the purchase was a stock trade with little cash, whereas other buyers had the cash but weren't Italian enough for the government. The receivers wanted $120M in cash to get things going again and they didn't get hardly any. My information comes mostly from Italian press at the time of the sale, including Paramount and interviews with the receivers. I've always been a fan of the industry itself, and watching the Italians do business is almost as entertaining as some products they build. I sincerely hope they can turn things around, because I don't want to lose a product this good to politics and poor decisions.

kiwifalco
11-19-2005, 12:50 AM
...went to the sydney bike show today & as long as the company don't go c_nt up I'll be buying another. :) ;) :cheers:

Befbever
11-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Another beer? :cheers:

kiwifalco
11-19-2005, 06:14 AM
............. very close .........?Be nice!!!!!! :whiner: :chillpill

bramo
11-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Kiwifalco

If your looking for an 05 Tuono Factory A1 in Brighton (Vic) have one on the floor.

http://www.a1motorcycles.com.au/

They are crap are following up as well but at least you know they have one...