PDA

View Full Version : Spring ride in the Pacific North wet

serrota65
11-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I just bought an '03 Futura and have been looking for an Aprilia group or club to ride with here in the Seattle area (actually, the Olympic Penninsula).
The weather is not so great now, but if there are any Aprilia riders in this area that want to plan a spring ride, say in April, let's talk about it. A tour around the penninsula, like from the ferry term. at Bainbridge Is. through Pt. Townsend, Pt. Angeles, etc. might be good. There are some great uncrowded roads over here.

:cheers:

Bill

LUCKY DAVE
11-16-2005, 02:47 PM
There's a good reason those roads are uncrowded.

Italiaphile
11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm in Seattle. I get over to PA/Sequim a few times a year visiting friends.

Your right about the roads, there are some great ones. I haven't gone all the way to Neah Bay for a couple of years but it used to be a nice ride. I managed to pick a warm sunny day last Summer for a jaunt up the Hoh River rainforest. Even during the middle of the week there were a lot of tourists out.

lunchbox
11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
I live in portland and I make that run about twice a year and its real nice. plan ride and i'll probably make it. :)

Italiaphile
11-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I've got relatives and friends in the Portland / Vancouver area and get down that way frequently. I was thinking about heading to Tonkin and some of the other Eye-tie shops on the next trip.

Dvus
11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Neah Bay hwy 112 is stellar!

Italiaphile
11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
The Canyon Rd. along the Yakima River between E-Burg and Yakima can be fun also. That's where I discovered squished rattle snakes can be pretty slippery.

Dvus
11-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Me and Mossback went on that road. The first and only time ever was a couple of years ago. It was such a nice road. Apparently it was supposed to be a heavily patrolled area. We didn't see any cops on that road. I think we did hwy 2 to Blewett pass and headed that way and took HWY 12 to Hwy 7 back. It was a fantastically long trip!

Here's a pic of a few of us that went out on the 12th. This was in Rochester off of HWY12 this was a Vtwins ride. So an all aprilia ride in April would be cool, but would have to be mindful of the WMRRA schedule for some of the folks.

My bike is in the front then Brif4i, NoQuarter, and Tdawg

velocityjunky
11-29-2005, 10:36 PM
hwy 20 (see pic in profile) from rockport to winthrop has to be one of (top three for sure) best roads ive ever ridden. (but anyone who lives there knows this)

yeah 112 is nice and remote, and as i remember 113 is nice and fast.

dont live there anymore but i shure do miss it.

Italiaphile
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
The upper portion of Sherman Pass is pretty cool, but man, it's a looong way away. I like to run up to Sunrise on Rainier, then on to Chinook Pass and down 410 to Yakima, then north to Ellensburg via Canyon.

NWTuono
12-01-2005, 01:18 AM
I'd be interested after the middle of April...let me know.

Dvus
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
FS 25 to Carson is a very good ride, but maybe too soon for April more appropriate for a June ride. Don't want to head up the mountain passes that soon. A coast ride would be good.