PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problem

IK_25
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey peeps,

I was the highest bidder on an ebay auction for top and bottom yokes for an R1...Items in good nick, and I was happy with the final price .

The seller sent me an invoice for the item, to which I duly paid with Pay Pal....This was now 1 week ago, and the PayPal money remains unclaimed by the seller.

I've sent 3 emails asking for a response, but nothing an I'm getting peed off, especially as I've seen the same items being sold elsewhere, and I need these parts urgently as I might be going to Brands for a trackday at the end of the month.

So what should I do?...Keep waiting? Or just send an email to the seller infoming him that I'm buying elsewhere.

It would be better if the money had been claimed as at least I'd be pretty sure, the item would be on the way soon, but now I'm thinking that the seller may have been made a better offer and is just ignoring me.

Advice appreciated...Thanks.

SpikeR
11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
its possible you paid the wrong person? generaly it dosent ask you if you want to claim the cash, it just does it auto.

anyway, if the seller dosent respond, buy elsewhere, dont worry about it.

spike

IK_25
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Nah it's definitely the right person....And I've also emailed the guy at least 3 times.

I might just have to forget about thim, but what I'm worried about is that he might come back and say he wants paying and leave me bad feedback.... :pissed:

It fucks me off how easy it is to leave bad feedback even when someone's not at fault...Fucking ebay should make it more difficult :pissed:

Dj RsMassive
11-15-2005, 04:14 PM
yeh like you said the person probebly has had a better offer or though that he could make more money on it and has not gotten back to you and is reselling it. if the money hasnt been claimed and you say you have seen the same item being solde elsewhere go ahead and bid on it again.

ellion
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
send him a deadline to contact you, let him know that if he does not contact you by the deadline, you will reclaim your funds. if he does not contact you, cancel your payment.

does the guy have good feedback already?

if he leaves you bad feedback you can dispute it and have it withdrawn if you are genuinely not at fault.

Earnie
11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
sometimes not sure why, (normally when its paid before end of auction) once been sent he will need to go into his paypall acct to accept payment but i think he should get email from paypall as well
his loss if you have sent. has he left feedback??

IK_25
11-15-2005, 10:07 PM
send him a deadline to contact you, let him know that if he does not contact you by the deadline, you will reclaim your funds. if he does not contact you, cancel your payment.

does the guy have good feedback already?

Yeah...Good idea....And yeah, he has a 26 all positive feedback score

sometimes not sure why, (normally when its paid before end of auction) once been sent he will need to go into his paypall acct to accept payment but i think he should get email from paypall as well
his loss if you have sent. has he left feedback??

Yeah, PayPal would have emailed him when I sent payment and also, I've emailed him directly 3 times, so he must have got the message.

He seems to be ignoring me so fuck him....If he doesn't respond tomorrow, I'll cancel the payment.

I hate ebay sometimes :spankie:

SoulRider
11-16-2005, 04:18 AM
some times it does take the ebayers a week or so to allow the payment to go through, if he has not taken the payment get in contact with ebay and they will sort it out and in event of nothing happening i know sometimes that suspend the user from using ebay.

IK_25
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
He sent me an email today...Just saying call me...No explanation or anything.

i call him up and he says that he didn't receive the cheque...I said, what cheque, I sent you PayPal....He said he doesn't have a PayPal account....I say, that's strange...How comes your email address is logged on PayPal...He says he never had PayPal, but that I could send a cheque.

Now that's just http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/greddy.gif

I said forget it...I left him good feedback anyway and said I'll get the part elsewhere.

Ebays a shit sometimes http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/gayfight2.gif

SoulRider
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
lol ik you trying to tell us something there with those camp emotions of yours

and yeah thats shit cause you can only get his paypal address if he has set up paypal on ebay, so hes lying :shooter:

bluetoff
11-20-2005, 10:37 AM
I have had people pay my wrong paypal email address sometimes. Nothing goes into your account,it just sits there somewhere :rolleyes:

rsaprilia01
11-20-2005, 10:41 AM
sounds like a complete wanker to me, i would of left him with bad feedback