PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Riders?

yumyumcat
11-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey...what's up? Anyone around the West Palm Beach area? :peace:

LostinBoston
11-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Im in Ft Lauderdale, and daytona. IM headign to key west on tues night from ft lauderdale.

yumyumcat
11-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Are you riding all the way down there? We would LOVE to go to Key West. I've been trying to talk my b/f to go, but we'd defiitely trailer the bikes LOL ~ too far for me for sure.

In any case, have a very safe trip and fantastic time!

LostinBoston
11-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I rode down from ft lauderdale tues night on my 04 RSVR (cuz im an idiot and left my tuono in daytona) awesome ride except for the sudden 10 min downpour while stuck in stop and go traffic on the turnpike. Then on the ride back on WED night i lost my wallet and needed gas, but they let me fill up on the promise i will stop back or send them a check. Then i drove down with my parents on fri night and just got back to daytona a couple hours ago. I hightly recomend ridign down to key west. Such a beautiful ride, hopefully theyll have all the debris out of the road soon (almost hit a patio chair) its a relaxed pace ride for the most part cuz of the 35 - 55 mph roads with limited passing zones, but tons of places to stop for some scenery or food.

baller
11-29-2005, 08:50 PM
what's up, im in jupiter

yumyumcat
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey baller ~ bike nite ~ Thursday's in Stuart ~ ever go?

wolfey971
12-17-2005, 01:39 AM
whats up , I am for m tampa bay

Reckless_Kelly
12-17-2005, 02:43 PM
South of Tampa here (Bradenton).

YumYumCat, do I know you?

yumyumcat
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Kinda far from here :( ~

Hi Reckless_Kelly ~ I don't know if you know me :) I have relatives in Bradenton, but I live in Pt. St. Lucie :)

I don't know anyone in my town that owns an Aprilia ~ :confused:

yumyumcat
12-17-2005, 02:48 PM
BTW ~ your webpage is laid out really nice hon ~

Reckless_Kelly
12-17-2005, 06:01 PM
BTW ~ your webpage is laid out really nice hon ~
Thank you, I pay dearly every month to keep it tht way. If you went to the website and aren't sure that you know me, then I don't think we've met. You should come to Moroso in Feb. The 19th is an STT Trackday, myself and Speedtwin will be there, and maybe some more.

wolfey971
12-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Reckless_Kelly, if you need any spare part for your bikes, there is a guy off of 63rd ave that parts out Italian bikes, I forget what the actual street his shop is on but its by - I want to say the waste management place - I have been there a few times

he is on ebay and has parts for aprilias and ducati's
http://stores.ebay.com/Gotham-Cycles_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Drt Boy
12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
If you're interested in track days, check this out (it's also posted in the track day forum):

Barney’s Motorcycle & Marine (www.barneys.net) is sponsoring a track day on February 26th at the Jennings GP track. Guys = $100 and Gals = $75 lunch will be provided free of charge for all riders. Non riders can purchase lunch for $5.

We will have venders and other industry representation and there will be give-a-ways.

We are limiting the event to 80 riders. Track information is available at www.jenningsgp.com

Contact Doug Kennedy at our St. Pete. Store (727-576-1148 or 800-847-1600) or Paul Weaver at our Brandon location (813-628-9418) to reserve your spot.

Our last track day at Jennings was a great success and this one should be even better.

We are Aprilia dealers and there are usually a hand full of 'em at Jennings, would be great to see a bunch.

DB

derrickhackman
01-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Thinking of maybe relocating from New England to S. Florida ... what is the riding like down there? We are looking at the Jupiter area and therefore am curious to know what the rides are (if any) out of W.Palm?

I see there is good track in or outside of W.Palm (Morosso?). Beyond these twisties are there other good twisties or do you settle for the on/off ramps of RT 95?

Thanks for your input.

derrickhackman
01-30-2006, 08:16 AM
No FL riders ... anyone have input?

baller
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
just onramps pretty much. :bangwall: good thing is the weather is good so you can ride almost everyday.

yumyumcat
01-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Thinking of maybe relocating from New England to S. Florida ... what is the riding like down there? We are looking at the Jupiter area and therefore am curious to know what the rides are (if any) out of W.Palm?

I see there is good track in or outside of W.Palm (Morosso?). Beyond these twisties are there other good twisties or do you settle for the on/off ramps of RT 95?

Thanks for your input.Dude!!! Jupiter's an awesome town hon! My b/f and I are thinking about making a move down that way ~ it's only about 25miles south of us now ~

Moroso is used mainly for dragging ~ but there's Jenning's ~ (http://www.motorcycleridesinamerica.com/index.htm) ~ I've yet to go myself, but I really want to attend school there :D

just onramps pretty much. good thing is the weather is good so you can ride almost everyday.
There's more than on ramps, baller ~ where in the heck do you ride dude??? C'mon out to where we play :D

baller
02-01-2006, 12:06 AM
There's nothing wrong with Jupiter its nice here. Just all the roads are dead strait as far as Iíve seen. But hey, Iíve only lived here for 17 years. Please enlighten me as to where you are riding.

scaffla
02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
New Smyrna Beach Here...Whats up everyone

derrickhackman
02-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Jennings is about 7 hrs (I think) from W.Palm ..

According to Morosso's website they have bike racing ... anyone know about this?

baller
02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I havnt raced there but, Feb 19 is sportbike tracktime here's the link http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/